Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 10-01-2008, 10:58 PM   #1
69Firebird

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS LS3
Question Boston Area Dealer

Has anyone in the Boston Area placed themselves on waiting lists or put down deposits? What dealers did you go to? How was the experience?

Thanks
69Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:22 PM   #2
BitchinCamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
I have been to 4 around Boston and one in RI. One of them, can't remember its name off hand, were complete idiots. They looked at me like I was nuts asking about a car 6 months before it was made. Then they proceeded to tell me how they only plan to make 10000 a year and the base price on the V6 was $46,000. I didn't even bother correcting them and walked out.

The other dealers I have been to have been nice, but useless. 2 (Liberty and Luann) told me that they don't have lists, and know nothing about the car. The other (Clay) is taking deposits and has 5 people on the list. I've been in there twice, both times they said they were going to get more info and call me back, and never called.
BitchinCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:50 AM   #3
NHHHR
Going back to Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy HHR LT2
Yeah, I hate to say it but Boston area Chevrolet dealers are among the worst. Especially when it comes to information about future cars - they are just salespeople - not knowledgeable about vehicles at all in general. I have had pretty good luck with being treated fairly by Portsmouth Chevrolet in NH, but it all depends on the salesperson and what you are asking about probably.
NHHHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
Redline2k5

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue on the way!
Closest one i found was Paddock Chevrolet in Buffalo, NY. Very helpful and took my MSRP deposit yesterday ($500)

I went to about 10 local dealers, all asking over MSRP.
Redline2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #5
69Firebird

Well it sounds like we are in for a struggle.
What is everyone's plan for next Monday when we can start ordering?
Old 10-11-2008, 09:48 AM   #6
SSMOKN
Coupe

Drives: Camaro,955I
My talk with Hillcrest Chevolet

I talked to Ron Holloran at Hillcrest Chevrolet this morning!
He's a great guy that works at a faimly run dealership on the north shore in Salem, MA. He said he would not go over msrp! He Doesn't have a list yet. So lets get one started! Tell him Sean Sent ya....maybe he'll hook me up when I'm ready to buy....I got laid off this morning right after talking to him! But...I have an interview Tuesday afternoon! With a better company! So hopefully I'll be there soon!

Quote:
Hi Sean,

Pleasure talking to you this morning and I look forward to working with your club members.

Please have your members contact me Ron Holloran, email address ron.holloran@hillcrestchevy.com with any questions about ordering a new Camero.

If they do order a new Camero, we will require a $1000 deposit which of course is applied to the purchase price.

Hillcrest Chevrolet will not be selling the vehicles for over the MSRP, we will be charging MSRP.

Again if anyone has any questions please have them contact me directly at 978 7449721.

Thank you again.

Ron Holloran

Hillcrest Chevrolet
SSMOKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:50 PM   #7
69Firebird

Anyone order today?
I still need to get some more cash together.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:20 AM   #8
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
Muzi Chevrolet

At Muzi we have a very short waiting list.

I put an order in yesterday (no#1) and we have three more allocated for the year, but that might change.

So if are looking to get on the list email Van Gonzalez, Internet Manager at Muzi Chevrolet.

Email Van at vgonzalez@muzimotors.com

Tell him Ron sent you.

Ron Lieuwma
Marketing
Muzi Motors, Inc.
557 Highalnd Avenue
Needham, MA 02494
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:19 PM   #9
britm3

Drives: 2002 BMW M5
I am down in Hingham - thinking of going over and talking to best chevrolet - however I can say Muzi is a good operation. I'll report back on what Best Chevrolet have to say.
britm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:18 AM   #10
69Firebird

I've sent out a few emails to dealers and so far I've heard back the following:

Lannan Chevrolet:
"We do not have 100% final pricing yet, but the 2SS with the RS package, should land in the $36,000- $38,000 range, depending on any other options (transmission, stripe package, wheels, etc), we only need $1000 now to place the order, the total down payment would not be collected until you take delivery of the car, again that will be sometime between Feb 09' and Sept 09'. "

Quirk Cars:
"I am the Internet Manager at Quirk Chevrolet. As of October 13th, I am able to accept pre-orders for the 2010 Camaro. We have a very limited first run production, as you can well imagine. We will be selling these vehicles on a first come - first served basis. Financing does not have to be finalized, but we will require a full credit application and inquiry up front. A minimum 10% non-refundable deposit will be required at the time the order is placed."
Old 10-17-2008, 06:30 PM   #11
Rallyman6

Quote:
Originally Posted by britm3 View Post
I am down in Hingham - thinking of going over and talking to best chevrolet - however I can say Muzi is a good operation. I'll report back on what Best Chevrolet have to say.
Thanks!
Someone from the forum used my name when calling Muzi. Which I am happy about, but who was it??

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Old 10-19-2008, 05:18 PM   #12
69Firebird

Ron,
I sent off an email to Van and mentioned I got his info from you.
He has been good getting back to me, but I think I am going to have to wait a bit to put my order in. I am defiantly getting an 2SS/RS, but I want to make sure I'll have a big enough down-payment at delivery time to make the Monthly payments reasonable. It is looking like I'll probably want to put in the order in a couple months. I really would like to get it in now, but it's probably better for me to wait. Oh well.. I'll make sure to keep you guys in mind when I do order.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:11 AM   #13
Rallyman6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Firebird View Post
Ron,
I sent off an email to Van and mentioned I got his info from you.
He has been good getting back to me, but I think I am going to have to wait a bit to put my order in. I am defiantly getting an 2SS/RS, but I want to make sure I'll have a big enough down-payment at delivery time to make the Monthly payments reasonable. It is looking like I'll probably want to put in the order in a couple months. I really would like to get it in now, but it's probably better for me to wait. Oh well.. I'll make sure to keep you guys in mind when I do order.
Van is a great guy and if he has your information I am sure he'll get back to you in the Spring. When my 2SS/RS comes in we'll have my car on the floor for a while. We will have a huge launch party when my car comes in.
Best of luck - anything I can do to help just PM me.

Ron

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Old 11-03-2008, 09:33 PM   #14
DustinK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
It was unfortunate that O'Keefe Chevrolet closed as that removed an option for me and in all of my searching in the North Shore area I couldn't really find very much. Most of the dealers up here have very limited allocation and I couldn't find any that were willing to go near MSRP. Most were talking 2.5-5k above and in a couple of cases this was with dealers with whom I had significant prior business connections with. Every dealer I spoke with was very misinformed about the Camaro as a whole which, of course, made the entire process even more difficult. In the end I went significantly out of state to a dealer that was willing to sell @ MSRP and am paying to have the vehicle transported when it arrives.

A note on Hillcrest -- I've heard numerous bad things about them as a dealership including from individuals who were formally involved with their operation directly and there is word that they may not be making it past the new year. I'm not positive on the reliability of that information but it was certainly enough to make me look elsewhere.
DustinK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boston, dealer, deposit