Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-19-2017, 08:38 PM   #43
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Black1LESS View Post
While I agree with you that the person handing out the flyers was a snob, these so called "elitist" with the do not touch signs and "20 sq ft of velvet rope around them" have the signs for a reason.
I understand the reason way better than the execution. In an outdoor setting, you'd think people could lighten up a lot from what you'd expect to find in a by-invitation-only climate-controlled museum.

Norm
Old 07-19-2017, 09:03 PM   #44
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
I understand the reason way better than the execution. In an outdoor setting, you'd think people could lighten up a lot from what you'd expect to find in a by-invitation-only climate-controlled museum.

Norm
I see your point there, but keep in mind a couple of things; in these outdoor, open to the public shows, there are a lot more kids, as well as a larger number of people that do not know about these cars, or respect what goes into restoring them.

Many of these owners have either spent years bringing the car back to life, or have spent a considerable amount of coin to have professional restore done. It's not like you can just run down to Autozone to get a replacement anything for a '67 Camaro. It's been my experience, however, that the greater number of these owners are really nice people and more than happy to show you around their handy work, they just want to protect it from idiots and ne'er do wells.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:45 PM   #45
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
I see your point there, but keep in mind a couple of things; in these outdoor, open to the public shows, there are a lot more kids, as well as a larger number of people that do not know about these cars, or respect what goes into restoring them.

Many of these owners have either spent years bringing the car back to life, or have spent a considerable amount of coin to have professional restore done. It's not like you can just run down to Autozone to get a replacement anything for a '67 Camaro. It's been my experience, however, that the greater number of these owners are really nice people and more than happy to show you around their handy work, they just want to protect it from idiots and ne'er do wells.
This is true.....to the younger crowd they are just "old cars". I work with a few younger guys and all they have to say about about a really nice red a white 55 chevy a guy we work with is that cars really old. Thats it....they really dont care.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:06 PM   #46
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Here's my true classic, 1985 Buick Riviera, solo shot at car Buick/Olds/Pontiac show about 4 yrs ago and side by side with my Camaro. Riv has 124,000, not bad for 32 years!

18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 12:44 AM   #47
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Take them both to car shows if I could !
Attached Images

orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:30 AM   #48
Orange skid mark
Just an average Dude

Drives: 2015 1LT Grey w/Orange Rally Stripe
Quote:
personally.... i can't stand going to a car show and seeing a newer car any joe schmuck could buy at the dealership.
Ditto here.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:21 AM   #49
14Black1LESS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvKillar View Post
point missed. I am saying she snubbed HIM from even inviting him the show. I know why the rope is around a very nice, rare car. look but respect.
I agree with you. More than likely the flyer had the years that were accepted to be entered into the show but that wouldn't stop a car enthusiast from attending it and admiring all the cars. The person handing out the flyers also doesn't understand that a lot of times those classic cars at the show are for sale and they could be missing out on a possible sale.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:07 AM   #50
JaxJones

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
In Florida, you can get a classic license plate if your car is 20 years old.
JaxJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:19 AM   #51
NoSloSS
BUMBLWHO

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Oh for the love of god, the very oldest of 5's are all of 8 years old. That's not a classic in any sense of the term unless you're talking mobile phones or computers.

Bitch about it 20 years from now and maybe you'll have a case.

As far as modern cars at shows, I don't have a problem with it in the least. What I do have a problem with is something off the showroom floor taking a "Best of Show" a class win over cars that have survived god knows what for 30-50 years. That's such a slap in the face to some of the insane restoration jobs that are out there or survivor cars.

So long as the show is classed accordingly where modern cars have their spot to shine without disgracing truly vintage cars, the more the merrier.
I had that exact thing happen (my Camaro is a Gen 5) at a show here. One of the people drives a new stingray in with no mods whatsoever and still has dealer tags, but takes first place. That's what happens when people don't get to vote on their favorites for show results. Judges should fill out the forms that break down things that are good and bad about each car for a score. Don't know how much the score cards will work but more that one judge and a collated score will even out the field. Just my opinion.
NoSloSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:29 AM   #52
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Gen 5 isn't old enough. Once a car ages past 25 years, then it is considered a classic.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:44 AM   #53
14Black1LESS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJones View Post
In Florida, you can get a classic license plate if your car is 20 years old.
Its 30 years not 20 years. Its also technically called an antique plate not a classic plate.
https://www.dmv.com/fl/florida/custo...e-registration
Old 07-20-2017, 08:04 AM   #54
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSloSS View Post
I had that exact thing happen (my Camaro is a Gen 5) at a show here. One of the people drives a new stingray in with no mods whatsoever and still has dealer tags, but takes first place. That's what happens when people don't get to vote on their favorites for show results. Judges should fill out the forms that break down things that are good and bad about each car for a score. Don't know how much the score cards will work but more that one judge and a collated score will even out the field. Just my opinion.
I was at one show with my IROC (back when the paint was nice and new) and was parked next to a synergy green 5th gen with a couple basic mods (hood, CAI, wheels. All of 2 hours of work, and most of that would be jacking up the car to change the wheels). This must have been in 2010 or 2011. I sat there watching speds walk up and look at the 5 and tell the owner "Wow you really keep it in great shape." A 2 year old enthusiast-owned car better be in good shape. Jesus H Christ. There was survivor 81 Z28 in pristine shape right next to it, a nicely restored '69 Z28 with the original 302, a '69 Yenko clone, and a handful of other really nice F-cars. This 5 won the class for some bizarre reason. I think the Yenko might have won best of show at least.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is online now   Reply With Quote