Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #15
FY_Ivan
Black Mamba

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
How do you navigate the radio menu to turn your seat warmers on?
You have to have the myLink radio console. Then click on the config button from the home screens and i think it is under 'car climate control' or something similar. The only option is to turn on remote start heat seat on or off.

Heritage Grille | Gen5DIY Halo & DRL Harness | LEDs - DRLs, dome, trunk, license plate | ZL1 rear and RPI front splash guards | CAI Inc. Cold Air Intake
Elite Engineering Catch Can | Oracle Ghosted Sidemarkers | FR ZL1 style wheels | VMax Black Ported TB
FY_Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #16
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
When you have set the heated seats button on, and the outside temp goes below 32 degrees then when you auto start the car the heated seats will come on, but only in half power.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115748 post #23.

Hope that helps.

Is there a temperature setting for it that can be adjusted?? I know on a previous vehicle I owned I could set it to whatever temp I wanted to trigger the heated seats, I always thought that was a pretty smart feature.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #17
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FY_Ivan View Post
That post actually says it will only work when under 50 degrees, and when it is 32 degrees or below the seat won't feel hot because the coils aren't touching the insulation. That would mean between 32-50 degrees, it should work and feel warm at least to the touch. It was 44 degrees last night and didn't get any heat on the seats... I may take it to service, it seems like someone in that thread said they had a wiring issue that caused their problem and their seats heat up now.
i found a video about camaros and it said that the A\C will not work if the temperature outside is bellow freezing. maybe it works like that too with the seats.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #18
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Not much help but, I took my car in to the dealership because this feature doesn't seem to work, no matter the temperature. They had no clue!
Old 11-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #19
Agent WD-40

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
After remote starting the car, get in and keep your eye on the seat heater button as you turn the key to the "ON" position. You should see the the seat heater lights briefly flash on and then back off if they were automatically engaged.

I know mine definitely work. If I had to guess the trigger temperature is somewhere around 40-45 degrees. Keep in mind that the sensor in the car may read a few degrees warmer than true outside temp which could keep them from coming on as expected.
Stainless Works 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers
Corsa Exhaust
Agent WD-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #20
MrPace

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent WD-40 View Post
Keep in mind that the sensor in the car may read a few degrees warmer than true outside temp which could keep them from coming on as expected.
And if your car hasn't been sitting for hours, this will definitely be the case. I know the temp sensor in my 2013 can read 70 degrees when it's actually 40-50 outside if the car has been sitting for 20-30 minutes after being fully warmed up and driven for a while.
MrPace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #21
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
my remote start and the thing that turns them both on is my 14 year old son
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #22
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Please let us know if you are interested in visiting your dealership for a diagnosis. We would be happy to assist in a resolution!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
I checked the auto/remote start heat seat option in the myLink console, but I can't decide if it actually works or not. Anyone know exactly how you know if its working? I don't feel that the seat gets even warm, and i've tried leaving the seat warmer on when I turn off the car in hopes that it stays on when i turn it back on but it didn't seem to make a difference. It works when I have the key on just fine so I know it isn't broken completely. Should the lights on the seat warmer button be on when I remote start the car?
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #23
FY_Ivan
Black Mamba

Quote:
After remote starting the car, get in and keep your eye on the seat heater button as you turn the key to the "ON" position. You should see the the seat heater lights briefly flash on and then back off if they were automatically engaged.

I know mine definitely work. If I had to guess the trigger temperature is somewhere around 40-45 degrees. Keep in mind that the sensor in the car may read a few degrees warmer than true outside temp which could keep them from coming on as expected.
Hmm, I actually did notice that today. Once I turned the key the heat seat lights turned on then off real quick. I will keep testing it on colder nights and see what happens

Heritage Grille | Gen5DIY Halo & DRL Harness | LEDs - DRLs, dome, trunk, license plate | ZL1 rear and RPI front splash guards | CAI Inc. Cold Air Intake
Elite Engineering Catch Can | Oracle Ghosted Sidemarkers | FR ZL1 style wheels | VMax Black Ported TB
Old 11-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #24
FY_Ivan
Black Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Please let us know if you are interested in visiting your dealership for a diagnosis. We would be happy to assist in a resolution!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
I was going to go to my dealership for my safety inspection this month, I will ask them to check on it at the same time. I don't think I need a separate appointment for that do I?

Old 11-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #25
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Okay, sounds good! I would be sure to let them know before the inspection that you would also like to have the seat heater issue addressed as well. This will ensure that an appropriate amount of time is scheduled for your visit. Let me know if you would like assistance in scheduling an appointment!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
I was going to go to my dealership for my safety inspection this month, I will ask them to check on it at the same time. I don't think I need a separate appointment for that do I?
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:53 PM   #26
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:

Absolutely correct sir! Great info!