Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-10-2010, 09:30 AM   #743
Phantom.5SS
Hell yeah I'm Guilty.....

Drives: 2010 2-SS ABM NON-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
You order that SG 2SS ragtop and i'll help build it Thanks Phantom

Super60
DONE DEAL!!!! My 72 Polara came off the line with a note from a line builder stuffed under the seat with the build sheet...it said "This police Polara built with pride by Jerry D".

You guys ought to have some fun with these builds....Look for that Green vert and leave me a love note LOL....
Old 04-10-2010, 10:13 AM   #744
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daphatgrant View Post
You'll need a new windshield at the least I do believe.

WRONG, Corvette owners make the aftermod all the time. It does not require a new windshield.

This misconception comes from the early C5 corvettes with hud did have a special hud windshield. But they no longer require it.

We can just hope that Chevy uses the same dash for HUD and non HUD cars. They'll more than likely just put a cover over the hole (like they do corvette). Which makes the modification SUPER easy.

I'm more interested in where teh buttons are going to go.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #745
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad56 View Post

Chevrolet could easily change the paint formulation more closely to the rallye green metallic - paint code 79 offered on the 69 Z28's

It is not the same with the Synergy Green Metallic color code.

The production of the color should end on 10 April 2010 with the final production orders for the Synergy Edition models.

Synergy owners should write John Fitzpatrick at Chevrolet and share their disgust with this decision.

the Synergy

I'm sorry you feel this way, but if you go thru this site and many others, people (esp. enthusiasts) asked us to offer the color on other models. We're listening......just as we did when our enthusiasts asked us to offer IBM and ABM on the SS model.

We couldchange the paint formulation - but not easily. You might be shocked to find out how much it costs to introduce a new color.

As I said earlier in this post - when we make changes, we get many people happy and many people mad - that's the 'downside' of working on a legendary brand such as Camaro. It comes with the territory.

We DO hope you'll enjoy your new Synergy Green Camaro. (and for what it's worth - the 2011 will not have the synergy green panels in the doors/IP or the green stitching.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #746
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Scott, are you at liberty to discuss any price changes that may occur? This is crucial to my plight, as the wait is already killing me

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #747
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Did they say anywhere whether the HUD will have a g-meter like in the Corvette? I hope so, that is pretty cool. And I am patiently waiting for pricing as well, I hope the HUD doesn't add too much to the cost of the 2SS.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #748
LS6-M22
Rockcrusher

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
No gear changes that people said the 11s would get
LS6-M22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #749
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I'm sorry you feel this way, but if you go thru this site and many others, people (esp. enthusiasts) asked us to offer the color on other models. We're listening......just as we did when our enthusiasts asked us to offer IBM and ABM on the SS model.

We couldchange the paint formulation - but not easily. You might be shocked to find out how much it costs to introduce a new color.

As I said earlier in this post - when we make changes, we get many people happy and many people mad - that's the 'downside' of working on a legendary brand such as Camaro. It comes with the territory.

We DO hope you'll enjoy your new Synergy Green Camaro. (and for what it's worth - the 2011 will not have the synergy green panels in the doors/IP or the green stitching.
The limited editions will still have features not available on any other Camaro, so I don;t understand what all the crying about letting the Synergy green be on other models is all about... I understand that many that wanted just the color to be available on other models are now getting it, which is a good thing in my mind..

One question I asked you before, It seems there is alot of doubt on here whether the 2010 Camaro V6's have the same 312 HP the 2011's will have.. could you clear that up for us once and for all? Thanks a bunch for all you do for all the Camaro fans.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 04-10-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #750
Nomad56

Drives: Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

I will enjoy it inspite of the Synergy losing their uniqueness of the color.

I think Camaro people overall wanted a "green" and I know it is expensive to formulate paint colors, but if Chevrolet took a poll and ask "which green" would be preferred for a new Z28 or SS, in my opinon the majority would want it to be closer to what set the precedent for the marque and that would be the Rallye Green. Going to the Rallye Green would serve the Synergy owners to keep their Special Edition special and the Rally Green would provide the retro look on the modern platform. Now both sets of enthusiast win with what they want.

I am tried and true Chevrolet and have been for years, but because of the money I have invested in Chevrolet, I would like for it to honor its word to its patrons by making what it promotes and sells as a "Special Edition" special to the buyers by limiting production.

Here's my SNRGY below at the dealership - just took delivery about 2 hours ago!
Still have the '97 Tahoe, the '06 SSR, the '09 Corvette.
My daughter and son in law now have the '97 Suburban.
The '56 Nomad and '66 Suburban are now gone and are examples of a few of the project vehicles that were transformed into show winners. Not shown were my '65 Chevelle Malibu 2dr, '55 Chevy Bel Air 2dr post, or my '56 Sedan Delivery.
Attached Images

Last edited by Nomad56; 04-10-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Nomad56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #751
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
WRONG, Corvette owners make the aftermod all the time. It does not require a new windshield.

This misconception comes from the early C5 corvettes with hud did have a special hud windshield. But they no longer require it.

We can just hope that Chevy uses the same dash for HUD and non HUD cars. They'll more than likely just put a cover over the hole (like they do corvette). Which makes the modification SUPER easy.

I'm more interested in where teh buttons are going to go.
You know that "empty" space by the ignition, where people have been adding the Dash Plaques..................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
One question I asked you before, It seems there is alot of doubt on here wether the 2010 Camaro V6's have the same 312 HP the 2011's will have.. could you clear that up for us once and for all? Thanks a bunch for all you do for all the Camaro fans.
Yes it is the same engine. Go back and read the original post. The very same engine in the 2010 was just certified for 312hp
Old 04-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #752
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
So when exactly is the first day to order 2011? How long before the Chevy website reflects the changes?

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #753
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Yes it is the same engine. Go back and read the original post. The very same engine in the 2010 was just certified for 312hp
I know that is how I interpreted it, but there are some on here that are not so sure that is what it meant, I just wanted someone from high up to say it in terms that nobody could dispute.. like if He would just come on and post "Yes the 2010 V6 has the same 312 HP as the 2011's will have" then We can just point to that quote whenever someone asks...
Old 04-11-2010, 12:39 AM   #754
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
But no ABM. I guess we will live without the HUD. Would have loved to have it but like the ABM more...
Same here!

But I hope there is a DIY for the HUD, a way to take the factory HUD and integrate it into the 2010's shouldn't be too difficult... should it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot View Post
Your going to need a new windshield or it will look like hot garbage.
Why? it's probably going to be the same window that's in the 2010, if not just get a new windshield for the 2011 model and have it installed in your 2010. If this is a requirement I may hold off on getting mine replaced. until I know for sure

Last edited by SummoneR; 04-11-2010 at 12:51 AM.
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:52 AM   #755
tom_vilsack
Banned

Drives: fast
-the on paper added 8hp V6 thing is silly!
-looks like GM is trying to use up... to much extra bought green paint?
-hud is cool!

what would have been nice

-real extra hp...not on paper silly crap
-different colour's,and better paint quality
tom_vilsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:39 AM   #756
IBMCamaro

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM Camaro
Hey everyone,
After viewing this forum since 2/09, I just joined this AM. Two reasons I'm posting here is I have been a lifelong Camaro enthusist even before I could drive and I just ordered a 10 IBM 2LT RS with gray cyber stripes!! I believe my hair loss has reversed and I lost 10 lbs since ordering....

I always wanted a 68 Camaro when I first got my license and ended up with a 71 Camaro and what a wonderful car that ended up being for me. I always have kicked myself about letting that go.

But now I'm getting a car that is truly something that I have dreamed of getting. Yes I could try to get a 68 Camaro....but I get all the current safety, higher mpg and power that is definitely right up there with my first Camaro and with all the modern conveniences.

Bottom line...way to go GM you hit a homerun on this design!! I see everyone's passion in getting every detail their way... but you really can't fault such a kick ass car. A huge corporation such as GM can't make all the changes in one year and can't please all the people all of the time. But on this 5th gen it has definitely pleased over 100,000 in one year and turned many more heads than one could count.
IBMCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 camaro, 2011 chevrolet camaro, 2011 chevy camaro, trolls