Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #29
'StangBlaster5000

Drives: Waiting for the 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Everywhere here on C5 , thats been the concensus for a looooooong time....many threads have been posted discussing that topic with that target price in mind....old news<no flames please>
I will remind you that I didn't forget about you saying I was "Best to be ignored" because I didn't agree with you that the ZL1 would be a 70K car. It's nice to see you come around to reality though, welcome back
'StangBlaster5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:56 AM   #30
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
Now that's a rumor I can believe. Did I miss something or is it from a source you prefer not to mention?

I assume the Mr Ed reference is a play off of the horses mouth saying and not Ed Welburn
Hahaha Shure, I didn't even make that connection before saying that!!!! Yeah I better clarify quickly...that was just an old sitcom TV pun...nothing more there....but the number sounded more pleasing to me than the 60K one I heard previously... a horse is a horse, of course of course...
Old 10-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #31
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'StangBlaster5000 View Post
I will remind you that I didn't forget about you saying I was "Best to be ignored" because I didn't agree with you that the ZL1 would be a 70K car. It's nice to see you come around to reality though, welcome back
...just to clarify with you about what transpired earlier, I meant no disrespect to you, My initial comment was soley directed to Mac's post, and I was just clowning around with Mac...nothing more. It took a sour direction very quickly. Let by gone's be by gone's. Matters of difference should always be discussed with civility. Perception and reality vary according to personal interpretation and belief. I am on the Camaro Team as you are and we should pull together, not apart. The past is water under the bridge as they say! It's all good with me, and thank you for the welcome. Sorry for the long post but I appreciate your apparent concern...thanks again StangBlaster!
Old 10-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #32
'StangBlaster5000

Quote:
...just to clarify with you about what transpired earlier, I meant no disrespect to you, My initial comment was soley directed to Mac's post, and I was just clowning around with Mac...nothing more. It took a sour direction very quickly. Let by gone's be by gone's. Matters of difference should always be discussed with civility. Perception and reality vary according to personal interpretation and belief. I am on the Camaro Team as you are and we should pull together, not apart. The past is water under the bridge as they say! It's all good with me, and thank you for the welcome. Sorry for the long post but I appreciate your apparent concern...thanks again StangBlaster!
Its fine, thanks for the olive branch.
I was just really with all the "70K Super Car talk" and took it too far by calling people idiots, I just couldn't think of any other way to get people to realize what they were actually saying at the time.
I usually am above name calling :(
Old 10-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #33
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
OK, now I'm getting tense.

The General Manager said he wanted to keep their first two for "advertising purposes."

This was relayed by the ordering manager who found out this morning that the quick order workbench is "live" just as I told him it would be.

I am going there now. I hope I don't have to be unpleasant.

I've been first on the list since February when I requested that a list be made. I've gone in every month and made myself known.

I also know how to disseminate information that would make for very bad press for this dealership if they don't honor their commitment to me which was reaffirmed every time I went in. When I walked through the door I was told, "Yes, you are first for a ZL1" - before I had to ask after the first couple of times.

I was told they are only getting ONE in the initial round, so here's hope that they do the right thing.

Update to my deal:

After walking out yesterday (On my cell phone trying to scramble to use backup plans yesterday - but too late to reach any open dealers.) I went home with my guts in knots & my vision full of not-victory-red.

At 8 PM the sales manager called me at home and told me he had decided to let me have the THIRD ZL1 they get at MSRP, but that he didn't know how many they are getting in the initial go around. (I was told only one the day before.)

I was still so upset that I couldn't sleep, even when I went to bed at 3:30 this morning. At 4 AM I took a sleeping pill and finally passed out.

I'll go in tomorrow and give him one more chance to honor the original word I was given. I didn't write to the corporate HQ yet, I'm waiting to see how it all plays out & what the full facts are.

Thanks for your support, everyone. It helps to have friends to talk to.

I saw a post on how dealers look up how many are allocated to them. Anyone remember that post and which thread that is in?

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:11 PM   #34
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
In his defense he did not say that, I did. All he said was roger that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Some people are better off ignored.
Quote:
Roger that Mac.....
I will post no more about it, just wanted to clear that up.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:47 PM   #35
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Scaarrz........ I hope you keep focused. Sometimes "what people say does mean something".... For you it meant the world, and you trusted them.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:50 PM   #36
'StangBlaster5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
In his defense he did not say that, I did. All he said was roger that...

I will post no more about it, just wanted to clear that up.
Yea, I knew it was you too, but you weren't around for me to call an Asshole
Old 10-30-2011, 06:58 PM   #37
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Yea, I knew it was you too, but you weren't around for me to call an Asshole

I bid you farewell
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #38
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Hahaha Shure, I didn't even make that connection before saying that!!!! Yeah I better clarify quickly...that was just an old sitcom TV pun...nothing more there....but the number sounded more pleasing to me than the 60K one I heard previously... a horse is a horse, of course of course...
See how easy it is to start a rumor

Quote:
Update to my deal:

After walking out yesterday (On my cell phone trying to scramble to use backup plans yesterday - but too late to reach any open dealers.) I went home with my guts in knots & my vision full of not-victory-red.

At 8 PM the sales manager called me at home and told me he had decided to let me have the THIRD ZL1 they get at MSRP, but that he didn't know how many they are getting in the initial go around. (I was told only one the day before.)

I was still so upset that I couldn't sleep, even when I went to bed at 3:30 this morning. At 4 AM I took a sleeping pill and finally passed out.

I'll go in tomorrow and give him one more chance to honor the original word I was given. I didn't write to the corporate HQ yet, I'm waiting to see how it all plays out & what the full facts are.

Thanks for your support, everyone. It helps to have friends to talk to.

I saw a post on how dealers look up how many are allocated to them. Anyone remember that post and which thread that is in?

That's awesome news Scarrzz! Hopefully that'll be the end of your dealer's games and they'll take care of you from here on out.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #39
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
See how easy it is to start a rumor

That's awesome news Scarrzz! Hopefully that'll be the end of your dealer's games and they'll take care of you from here on out.

IF they are getting three MY '12s it's awesome news, or if he decides to give me one from the get go like they originally promised. Besides that, I don't trust his word anymore, and they didn't want to take my deposit, so I'm still in limbo and waiting for a callback from Dion and a couple of others.

I'd much prefer doing business with someone that doesn't change their story on a regular basis, and I want to make a deposit, get a receipt, & get an order number.

Basically I don't trust them now.

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #40
swaugie

Drives: any chevy i feel like driving
Your dealer already knows how many they are getting thru June 2012. The site is gmlaunch.com and if he tells you any differently, he's not telling you the truth. End of story.
swaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #41
1BADZL1
THE CAMARO KING

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 on order #PZSD7S
Wink

Quote:

Basically I don't trust them now.

Don't

I am following the three strike rule. I am giving the salesman and the GSM
three strikes each... They have both used one strike....
Now I am dealing with a third.... the assistant GSM.
I gave him a "ball" yesterday... Its the only way I can do it and keep a decent level of respect and also keep my sanity.
we will see what tomorrow brings. Good luck, and we know exactly how you feel. This stuff was about to give me a major one the last week...
And Im not talking about simple anger... I could feel it actually affecting my health...thats not good....
You will get your ZL1. Promise.
1000 Initial Order 11/11/2011 Chevyland
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 11/11/2011 - PZSD7S
2000 Order accepted by GM: 12/14/2011
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 00/00/2011 - TPW 00/00/2011
3100 Sequenced: 00/00/2011
3300 Scheduled For Production:0/0/2012
3400 Broadcast: 0/0/2012
3800 Produced: 0/0/2012
4000 Available To Ship: 0/0/2012
4200 Shipped: 0/0/2012
5000 Delivered To The Dealer: 0/0/2012