Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
cbuchak2000

Drives: 2011 Triple Black 2SS 6spd Vert,
Speed Inc. - Schaumburg, Illinois

Hi everyone,
Seems like all I do is post about experiences with vendors, but I had another great experience yesterday and wanted to give a shout out to the guys at Speed Inc. in Schaumburg, Il.

I took my car in for a dyno tune after installing headers/exhaust, and a cold air intake. I've got to tell everyone that doesn't know about these guys.... they are the real deal. It was like being in a big candy store for car junkies. The amazing thing about the place is these guys KNOW what they are talking about and doing. If you have questions they answer them and give great advice and guidance. They took their time with my car and treated it just like they would treat a car with 800 rwhp.

I want to specifically thank Jim - the well known Tuner, and Tony for all his help. While I was there seeing some of the cool cars they are working on I managed to convince myself to have a cam installed. Tony quoted me some great prices, had lots of knowledge and is going to make some suggestions for me to get the right cam for my needs. I really appreciate someone taking the time to "Dumb It Down" for me since I don't work on these things every day like they do. I'll be back there in the middle of June to have the work done.

Thanks again guys - its much appreciated!
Chad
cbuchak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Tony@Speed Inc.

Drives: 2002 TT Trans AM/ 2007 TBSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbuchak2000 View Post
Hi everyone,
Seems like all I do is post about experiences with vendors, but I had another great experience yesterday and wanted to give a shout out to the guys at Speed Inc. in Schaumburg, Il.

I took my car in for a dyno tune after installing headers/exhaust, and a cold air intake. I've got to tell everyone that doesn't know about these guys.... they are the real deal. It was like being in a big candy store for car junkies. The amazing thing about the place is these guys KNOW what they are talking about and doing. If you have questions they answer them and give great advice and guidance. They took their time with my car and treated it just like they would treat a car with 800 rwhp.

I want to specifically thank Jim - the well known Tuner, and Tony for all his help. While I was there seeing some of the cool cars they are working on I managed to convince myself to have a cam installed. Tony quoted me some great prices, had lots of knowledge and is going to make some suggestions for me to get the right cam for my needs. I really appreciate someone taking the time to "Dumb It Down" for me since I don't work on these things every day like they do. I'll be back there in the middle of June to have the work done.

Thanks again guys - its much appreciated!
Chad
Chad,

I'm glad I could help you out and I look forward to helping you make some good power in the SS! I'm sure we will be in contact, feel free to shoot me an email at anytime if you have any questions or need a recommendation! Thank you for the nice write-up and have a great weekend!

Best Regards,

Tony
Tony@Speed Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:13 AM   #3
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
Could not agree more with the OP's above statements.
Tom and the crew at Speed Inc. did a fabulous build of my Camaro and I could not be happier.
I highly recommend these guys.
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
cbuchak2000

Papabear,
You're from Ripon? Ever cruise through the Milwaukee area? If so, let me know.... I'm trying to find some clubs in the area to join with, but always looking to take the car out for a cruise. If you're ever in the area let me know.... I'd love to see the car!
Chad
Old 05-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #5
M Miller69

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I also heard these guys to great work. I hope to contact them in the near future about doing the LS3 conversion to my L99. Have to let the pocket book cool down a bit first as wife says I dont need any more mods.:(

10' 2SS
MPD1 Hood
MPD1 spoiler
SS front splitter

SW lt Headers
VMaxx porteds TB
JRE 93 octane tune
M Miller69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
cbuchak2000

Miller69,
Where did you get the hood on your car? Do you like it? Good fitment? You've got a nice looking ride there! Tell your wife what I keep telling my fiance, you can never have enough mods, besides, there are much worse things we could spend our money on!
Old 05-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #7
M Miller69

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbuchak2000 View Post
Miller69,
Where did you get the hood on your car? Do you like it? Good fitment? You've got a nice looking ride there! Tell your wife what I keep telling my fiance, you can never have enough mods, besides, there are much worse things we could spend our money on!
Amen brother!! I tell her I dont drink,gamble,smoke,ect.. But am addicted to this damn car. The hood is made by MPD1 out of Indiana. If your going to get an aftermarket hood. This is the one you want. Fitment, strengh,quality is all there. I am VERY satified with it.

10' 2SS
MPD1 Hood
MPD1 spoiler
SS front splitter

SW lt Headers
VMaxx porteds TB
JRE 93 octane tune
M Miller69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #8
bankrollb

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Speed Inc. does some good work. I had them install my TSP cam. Then they retuned it after I put on my TSP headers. Car runs great. Tony is great to deal with also.
Vararam cold air intake, TSP longtube headers with cats, Magnaflow street catback exhaust, SLP short throw shifter and knob, BMR trailing arms, BMR outer trailing arm bushings, BMR toe rods, BMR subframe inserts, Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace, BMR pro differential bushings, Granatelli spark plug wires. TSP 225/230 cam
bankrollb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #9
cbuchak2000

Thanks for the info Miller. I love the way it looks and just wanted to make sure I get a good quality one since its such a major part of the appearance of the car. I hear you on the addicted thing with these cars. I don't know what it is but I can't stop! Have a great Memorial Weekend!