Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 06-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #141
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Jerry's Chevrolet in Parkville/Baltimore, MD. Put them in green.

Located a 10 minutes walk from my house, I've brought my car to them for service 4-5 times - usually for something quick or simple. They can usually take me in right on the spot and don't ask many questions about "why" the problems began.

Brought them in to fix my trunk release button after me and my buddy broke it while taking off the door panel and installing the AAC concept mirrors. I didn't tell them "how" it happened, they didn't ask, but they went ahead and fixed it anyways.

Brought it to them this morning because my locking mechanism on the door wasn't working properly, and they are working on it now. Granted, the mechanic was a grouchy old man, but the service coordinator (Suzy?) has always been super friendly and makes sure things get done.

Took my Yukon over there for an oil change and they wrote up a long list of expensive recommended fixes (basically replace all the hoses, the car has 110k miles) and it seemed expensive, but I've come to expect that from dealerships so I don't count it against them.

Never purchased a vehicle here, so no experience on that end.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #142
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbis View Post
Fixed a door ding for free that required body work. Gave me a very nice car as a loaner while i was waiting and gave me 3 free oil changes. Heard from others that they do a good job too. I just moved here and was very happy with the service.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
Stealership- Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary, NC. I took my 2010 Camaro in after my suspension upgrades for a full alignment. No phone call to tell me the price, when I picked it up the bill was three hundred dollars!
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity149 View Post
GOOD SERVICE: Ontario Motor Sales Oshawa, On, Canada. They are amazing, friendly, and always tell the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWheel View Post
Also, the service has been excellent. I got there for an appointment, and they had a loaner ready for me. They got finished with the car early, and when I came back the "check out" process was zero-wait. Loved it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
Jerry's Chevrolet in Parkville/Baltimore, MD. Put them in green.

Located a 10 minutes walk from my house, I've brought my car to them for service 4-5 times - usually for something quick or simple. They can usually take me in right on the spot and don't ask many questions about "why" the problems began.

Brought them in to fix my trunk release button after me and my buddy broke it while taking off the door panel and installing the AAC concept mirrors. I didn't tell them "how" it happened, they didn't ask, but they went ahead and fixed it anyways.

Brought it to them this morning because my locking mechanism on the door wasn't working properly, and they are working on it now. Granted, the mechanic was a grouchy old man, but the service coordinator (Suzy?) has always been super friendly and makes sure things get done.

Took my Yukon over there for an oil change and they wrote up a long list of expensive recommended fixes (basically replace all the hoses, the car has 110k miles) and it seemed expensive, but I've come to expect that from dealerships so I don't count it against them.

Never purchased a vehicle here, so no experience on that end.
Updated
Old 06-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #143
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Dealership - Serra Chevrolet Bartlett, TN

Stealership - Sunrise Memphis, TN

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #144
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vileone View Post
Dealership - miami florida. Grand prize chevy
Stealership - autonation chevy ( any of them there are 3 in miami )
I've been using AutoNation Chevy ( use to be AutoWay Chevy ) in Clearwater, Fl and have had ZERO issues for ten years. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

The OP needs to keep all these different places separate ...
Old 06-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #145
roSSco
∞ Smiles per mile

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Summit White A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
Dealership - Serra Chevrolet Bartlett, TN

Stealership - Sunrise Memphis, TN
I second that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
2013 ZL1 #4739
'Heisenberg'
Color - Walter White
Roto-Fab CAI
On Reddit? Check out /r/ZL1/
roSSco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #146
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
had the dash insert replaced at fairway Cadillac in Henderson, nv. they told me up front they had never done it but i have faith in there interior guy considering what they deal with there. good clean install, nice waiting lounge complete with lunch. the thing that got me is they put your seat back to its original position. this is my pet peave taking your car in.
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #147
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I've been using AutoNation Chevy ( use to be AutoWay Chevy ) in Clearwater, Fl and have had ZERO issues for ten years. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

How so? Does the +1/-1 system not work for you? And please give an example as to why they are a dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roSSco View Post
I second that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
Sir Walter Chevrolet in Raleigh, NC is a LIARship. Specifically David Foy. Uncalled for liar.
Why?
Old 06-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #148
bluBlud

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Here's my experience with CT Chevy dealerships:

Terryville Chevrolet: +sales, +service
Bought my 1LE there. Fair price, no pressure. Got me the car I wanted. Only had 1 service there, only because its a bit out of the way, but happy with how they treated the car with respect... did not park it in the general lot when finished but in a "no ding" zone by the vettes They'd be my regular shop if they weren't so far away.

Gengras Chevrolet: -sales, neutral service
I tried to buy a 1LE there, even tried working with 3 different salesman. They were not responsive at all. I'm torn on service. I recently had a warrantee repair there, since they are close. It took 3 trips. I came out unscathed 2/3 but had some dealer damage on the third, some paint chips and they didnt clean the grease that had leaked, they also left their garbage in the car (which is a pet peave of mine) and parked the car in with the soccer mom cars where I could have gotten more damage. So I'm not pleased with the tech's work, but the service desk people were really decent - thus the neutral rating. I also have friends who bought and bring their family card there and have been happy. I just don't think they cater to people who OCD over their cars.

Carter Chevrolet: -sales, -service
I'll be honest and say that I did not buy a car from this dealership but have from one by the same owner in the same town. There was some shady business on the sale, managers not showing up for appointments to figure out how to resolve issues, and new damage several times by shops shared by the sister dealerships. The real caution here is the owner. When I told him about all the issues we were having with his dealership, his reply... "What do you want me to do about it!". It was difficult to get their help or attention after the sale had been made.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #149
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
How so? Does the +1/-1 system not work for you? And please give an example as to why they are a dealership.
First off just saying AutoNation Chevy without giving a location, gives a thumbs down to around a dozen located in Florida alone. Don't forget AutoNation is the largest dealer network in the country, so that's a bunch of dealers coast to coast and was at one time around 265 in total.

As for AutoNation Clearwater, they never have a market adjustment on their cars. Anytime there is an issue they are quickly resolved without indecent. They will go above and beyond to make sure repairs are done to your expectations and in a timely matter. Also always treat their customers with respect. (Dealership)
Old 06-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #150
crazy4camaro

Drives: 2012 RSLT,1979 Trans Am
not too impressed with AutoNation Cleawater service dept., brought my Camaro in for first oil change service car returned to me with oil dripped on front of car just below the grille ,oily dirt from someones shoes on the floor and scratches in the plastic engine cover, I guess I should be happy that was all the damage done . have not returned and don't expect to.
crazy4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:07 AM   #151
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Jake Sweeny Chevrolet SERVICE- Cincinnati, OH

Excellent service department. I have been in quite a few times. All warranty work which included a complete HUD replacement with a rental car which they had me in and out in 10 minutes. Just dropped off my car, signed for the loaner car, was on my way.

Another time I had some paint issues...they found that it was a bad touch up job by the previous dealership when I did not own the car (Toyota dealership). Therefor it was not warrantied....however they stopped their projects just to fix my paint issue at NO COST to me. Was awesome of them to do. I HIGHLY suggest Jake Sweeny Service...

HOWEVER, the sales department. They want as much money out of you as possible. They get you down to a low price on the car but then make you sign to a higher interest rate than you deserve. Then the banks repay them some of the $$$ from your interest since they got you to sign to a high rate.

I would not recommend their sales department.

Then of course Rodgers Chevy A+++++++++

Worked with Becky a few times on a couple cars. Though never coming to a final deal...top notch service

Last edited by AdamZ; 06-06-2013 at 02:04 AM.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:59 AM   #152
rich3fan
What's this button do?

Drives: 2019 Black 2SS
I can't believe there haven't been more contributions to this thread from Texas members.

I have to go in soon to get a trim piece fastened back down so I'll report back about my experience with Huffines Plano.

rich3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #153
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluBlud View Post
Here's my experience with CT Chevy dealerships:

Terryville Chevrolet: +sales, +service
Bought my 1LE there. Fair price, no pressure. Got me the car I wanted. Only had 1 service there, only because its a bit out of the way, but happy with how they treated the car with respect... did not park it in the general lot when finished but in a "no ding" zone by the vettes They'd be my regular shop if they weren't so far away.

Gengras Chevrolet: -sales, neutral service
I tried to buy a 1LE there, even tried working with 3 different salesman. They were not responsive at all. I'm torn on service. I recently had a warrantee repair there, since they are close. It took 3 trips. I came out unscathed 2/3 but had some dealer damage on the third, some paint chips and they didnt clean the grease that had leaked, they also left their garbage in the car (which is a pet peave of mine) and parked the car in with the soccer mom cars where I could have gotten more damage. So I'm not pleased with the tech's work, but the service desk people were really decent - thus the neutral rating. I also have friends who bought and bring their family card there and have been happy. I just don't think they cater to people who OCD over their cars.

Carter Chevrolet: -sales, -service
I'll be honest and say that I did not buy a car from this dealership but have from one by the same owner in the same town. There was some shady business on the sale, managers not showing up for appointments to figure out how to resolve issues, and new damage several times by shops shared by the sister dealerships. The real caution here is the owner. When I told him about all the issues we were having with his dealership, his reply... "What do you want me to do about it!". It was difficult to get their help or attention after the sale had been made.
Added to the OP, thank you for the detailed explanations. I put the Gengras in black because this list is mostly about the dealership's service department, but it's always good to know if a dealership has a good sales team

Quote:
First off just saying AutoNation Chevy without giving a location, gives a thumbs down to around a dozen located in Florida alone. Don't forget AutoNation is the largest dealer network in the country, so that's a bunch of dealers coast to coast and was at one time around 265 in total.

As for AutoNation Clearwater, they never have a market adjustment on their cars. Anytime there is an issue they are quickly resolved without indecent. They will go above and beyond to make sure repairs are done to your expectations and in a timely matter. Also always treat their customers with respect. (Dealership)
The member commented that it was the one in Miami, but I've added the city for clarification - also added your and the below poster's comments to the Clearwater AutoNation link

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4camaro View Post
not too impressed with AutoNation Cleawater service dept., brought my Camaro in for first oil change service car returned to me with oil dripped on front of car just below the grille ,oily dirt from someones shoes on the floor and scratches in the plastic engine cover, I guess I should be happy that was all the damage done . have not returned and don't expect to.
Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Jake Sweeny Chevrolet SERVICE- Cincinnati, OH

Excellent service department. I have been in quite a few times. All warranty work which included a complete HUD replacement with a rental car which they had me in and out in 10 minutes. Just dropped off my car, signed for the loaner car, was on my way.

Another time I had some paint issues...they found that it was a bad touch up job by the previous dealership when I did not own the car (Toyota dealership). Therefor it was not warrantied....however they stopped their projects just to fix my paint issue at NO COST to me. Was awesome of them to do. I HIGHLY suggest Jake Sweeny Service...

HOWEVER, the sales department. They want as much money out of you as possible. They get you down to a low price on the car but then make you sign to a higher interest rate than you deserve. Then the banks repay them some of the $$$ from your interest since they got you to sign to a high rate.

I would not recommend their sales department.

I guess that would put them into the Stealership department.

Then of course Rodgers Chevy A+++++++++

Worked with Becky a few times on a couple cars. Though never coming to a final deal...top notch service
Added - I'm trying to make this list reflect a dealership's service department more than their sales team. So if it's alright I put them in green. Let me know if you'd prefer I put them in black/red
Old 06-06-2013, 02:02 AM   #154
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Added to the OP, thank you for the detailed explanations. I put the Gengras in black because this list is mostly about the dealership's service department, but it's always good to know if a dealership has a good sales team

The member commented that it was the one in Miami, but I've added the city for clarification - also added your and the below poster's comments to the Clearwater AutoNation link

Added

Added - I'm trying to make this list reflect a dealership's service department more than their sales team. So if it's alright I put them in green. Let me know if you'd prefer I put them in black/red
Oh then Jake Sweeney is a class act for service . Definitely green

I can't comment on Rodgers Chevy Service
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote