Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #57
Zxmustang
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad70supreme View Post
I ran that exact same time in my 10ss with no mods expect headers. No tune, no cold air.. nothing more. I pulled a few 12.60s @112 with a few 113 traps, I cant drive stick all that great either! So just because you never met one, dont mean sh$t! Good pass BTY, we would have been neck and neck.
Well lets head to GLD. You are in IL. Me and a couple friends are planning to head up there next thursday(week from today). I have to baseline my new 5.0 before I get the tire on and some mods. Should be in the 12's atleast. The car feels fast and can chirp 4th. I got a base 2014 with brembo package and 3.55.
Zxmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #58
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Aed or BBR tuned (93 octane) 5.0's auto lets use that tranny for example, will run 12.1.-12.3 in good weather. Seen it 100+ times at the track where I run my GNX. The 5.0 guys that I know only run a tune not cai or exhaust as the cai from the factory is good till 550+ hp they say. IF you remove the cats and get a big h or x pipe in their place (big restriction), high 11's is possible in fall weather.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #59
87GNX

Quote:
I ran that exact same time in my 10ss with no mods expect headers. No tune, no cold air.. nothing more. I pulled a few 12.60s @112 with a few 113 traps, I cant drive stick all that great either! So just because you never met one, dont mean sh$t! Good pass BTY, we would have been neck and neck.
FWIW, aftermarket cold air on these coyote mustangs adds nothing at the track except noise.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #60
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zxmustang View Post
Allow me to throw some facts into this thread. I have owned a 2011 GTCS manual 3.55 5.0 and now a 2014 GT 5.0 brembo pack. The 5.0 is a mid 12 second car STOCK. I have yet to meet a stock or lightly modded 5th gen that could keep up with me. Oh and the only mods my car had on the run Im about to show you was the DRIVER MOD.

And with a tune, the slip below is what I ran. Left lane ofcourse.

Now Im not hating or bashing 5th gens, but lets be real. The 5.0 is a couple hundred pounds lighter, and dynos about the same. And with the 3.55 or 3.73 gears, there is no catching one on the street or strip in a stock 5th gen.
You have a freak car maybe(congrast, impressive time! I suspect some good ole 1/4 trick; powershifts&some weight reduction), but my friends 13' GT isnt and 99% others are not. There was a stock 98 Z28 running 12.89@108, it wasnt the case of all fbodys at the time..

Lets get real, I ran 13.22@110.7 in my 1LE with a 2.4 0-60ft(laughable), which is on par with most GT 5.0 outhere. The LS3 have a shitload torq the 5.0 doesnt have so it can moves the heavy 5th gen.

I'm gonna line up with my friends GT, and if hes running up to the hype, he should beat me by 2-3 cars. I dont think so.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #61
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
You have a freak car maybe(congrast, impressive time! I suspect some good ole 1/4 trick; powershifts&some weight reduction), but my friends 13' GT isnt and 99% others are not. There was a stock 98 Z28 running 12.89@108, it wasnt the case of all fbodys at the time..

Lets get real, I ran 13.22@110.7 in my 1LE with a 2.4 0-60ft(laughable), which is on par with most GT 5.0 outhere. The LS3 have a shitload torq the 5.0 doesnt have so it can moves the heavy 5th gen.

I'm gonna line up with my friends GT, and if hes running up to the hype, he should beat me by 2-3 cars. I dont think so.

Mid 12's is actually is actually pretty common for a stock 5.0 with a decent driver. Upper 12's to low 13's is more common for poor drivers.

Your 1LE should be mid to upper 12's pretty easily, at least the ones ive ran have been in that time frame. That 60 is killing you
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #62
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
Quote:
Well lets head to GLD. You are in IL. Me and a couple friends are planning to head up there next thursday(week from today). I have to baseline my new 5.0 before I get the tire on and some mods. Should be in the 12's atleast. The car feels fast and can chirp 4th. I got a base 2014 with brembo package and 3.55.
What do you mean well lets head to gld... pretty sure if your a good driver you can hit 12s. My car wont see the track untill end of September at the soonest. I made some changes and I cant get back on the dyno till the 19th. Not running my car untill I know its working right. Anyway my point is my car was running 12.6s and you claimed you never seen even a lightly modded 5th gen that could keep up, seems that I could have done just fine.

Trust me know what those cars can do, they are more strip friendly then a 5th gen. Thats why I am going stalled th400 in my car with some boost This 6 speed and 3.42 is weak junk on the track!
Old 08-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #63
Zxmustang
Account Suspended

Quote:
What do you mean well lets head to gld... pretty sure if your a good driver you can hit 12s. My car wont see the track untill end of September at the soonest. I made some changes and I cant get back on the dyno till the 19th. Not running my car untill I know its working right. Anyway my point is my car was running 12.6s and you claimed you never seen even a lightly modded 5th gen that could keep up, seems that I could have done just fine.

Trust me know what those cars can do, they are more strip friendly then a 5th gen. Thats why I am going stalled th400 in my car with some boost This 6 speed and 3.42 is weak junk on the track!
Sorry GLD is short for great lakes dragway. Up in union Grove WI. Probably too far north for you. Byron might be better. But Yeah I dont claim to be the best driver, but this is my 6th manual mustang and I have had two manual C6 corvettes. All drag raced. I went up to GLD a few years ago in the 11 with C5G(chicago 5th gen) and nobody could touch me accept the guy with the vert that has the KB blower. And that car bearly ran mid 11's. So let me know if you want to go. I go with all kinds of people with all kinds of cars. Actually more camaros and corvettes than mustangs. And we trash talk over cheese burgers and have a blast. I love the camaros too. Almost bought a 1LE two months ago. Opted for the 5.0 because I love the new styling, but didnt care for the `14 SS/1LE styling.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #64
87GNX

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post

What the coyote lacks in torque, it makes up for it at 7000 rpm and short gearing.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #65
87GNX

Quote:
Sorry GLD is short for great lakes dragway. Up in union Grove WI. Probably too far north for you. Byron might be better. But Yeah I dont claim to be the best driver, but this is my 6th manual mustang and I have had two manual C6 corvettes. All drag raced. I went up to GLD a few years ago in the 11 with C5G(chicago 5th gen) and nobody could touch me accept the guy with the vert that has the KB blower. And that car bearly ran mid 11's. So let me know if you want to go. I go with all kinds of people with all kinds of cars. Actually more camaros and corvettes than mustangs. And we trash talk over cheese burgers and have a blast. I love the camaros too. Almost bought a 1LE two months ago. Opted for the 5.0 because I love the new styling, but didnt care for the `14 SS/1LE styling.

What do you think about the 15' styling? I think 13-14 looks best as far as mustangs go.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #66
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
1LE 3.90 gears helps alot. Plus if the numbers in your sig are truly from a mustang dyno, then your LS3 is making way more power than everyone else's. Those numbers are dynojet numbers normally. Mustang dynos read way less because of load correction. But congrats to you. Your 1LE is fast, and I would gladly line up with you to show you what my new 14GT's LED tail lights look like. LOL

Nope..the 3.91 gears in a 1LE are offset by the unique to 1LE TR6060 M6 trans (Z06 taller gears).... The SS has a shorter 1st and 2nd gear and you dont need to shift into 4th on a standard SS, you must on a 1LE. (IE:SS is better stock for the 1/4 mile)

You are also not up to date on WHP for the 2013s. GM changed to electronic power steering for all 2013 (removed the belt driven pump/less parasitic loss) and I do have the valved exhaust (worth about 3-5 depending on which GM engineer you talk to).....there are also some other undisclosed little differences but the certification on the LS3 runs out soon so GM didn't re-cert the motor and/or change the HP rating. Most 1LE are in the 390-405whp range on different dyno across the country.

I will take your race if you take mine......you can see my taillights on a road course...and then my headlight as I lap you..then the taillights again....you get the point!

-Matt
Old 08-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #67
Zxmustang
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
Nope..the 3.91 gears in a 1LE are offset by the unique to 1LE TR6060 M6 trans (Z06 taller gears).... The SS has a shorter 1st and 2nd gear and you dont need to shift into 4th on a standard SS, you must on a 1LE. (IE:SS is better stock for the 1/4 mile)

You are also not up to date on WHP for the 2013s. GM changed to electronic power steering for all 2013 (removed the belt driven pump/less parasitic loss) and I do have the valved exhaust (worth about 3-5 depending on which GM engineer you talk to).....there are also some other undisclosed little differences but the certification on the LS3 runs out soon so GM didn't re-cert the motor and/or change the HP rating. Most 1LE are in the 390-405whp range on different dyno across the country.

I will take your race if you take mine......you can see my taillights on a road course...and then my headlight as I lap you..then the taillights again....you get the point!

-Matt
In. Come to autobahn next spring with MVP track time and we will see. That pig should get its come-up ins. All in good fun ofcourse. But it makes me chuckle that you had to swap us over to a road course to try and take the win. But you should always work your strong suits. Dont forget my car is a brembo car though. I have the track pack stuff too. Along with the perelli pzero sticky rubber.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #68
suzook

Drives: camaro
Couldn't agree wth you more...the new 5.0's kick serious a$$. I love my camaro....its plenty fast....but the 5.0 will beat it consistently... Stock vs stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
Mid 12's is actually is actually pretty common for a stock 5.0 with a decent driver. Upper 12's to low 13's is more common for poor drivers.

Your 1LE should be mid to upper 12's pretty easily, at least the ones ive ran have been in that time frame. That 60 is killing you
Old 08-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #69
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
In. Come to autobahn next spring with MVP track time and we will see. That pig should get its come-up ins. All in good fun ofcourse. But it makes me chuckle that you had to swap us over to a road course to try and take the win. But you should always work your strong suits. Dont forget my car is a brembo car though. I have the track pack stuff too. Along with the perelli pzero sticky rubber.
Funny, I have never been to autobahn. but I have instruct/raced NASA/SCCA everywhere else in the midwest....hence my strong suit!

Honestly I haven't run into a Boss 302, 302 LS, new GT500 or even a Roush car (just instructed for a Roush event two weeks ago with about 35+ Roush Stangs) that has been able to hang...(See tracks in sigs, my car is only 3 months old now.) A close friend who is a professional racer (Grand Am, LeMans (not lemons)) ect that is also an instructor at Mid-0 said he had more fun in a trac pack GT with suspension and tires than his own 2013 GT500 which he sold after 3 months.

Not bad mouthing the Mustang,(we have one in the family stable too) but stock for stock they cannot compete with a 1LE on track.

-Matt
Old 08-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #70
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post

I need to work on that 0-60 and launch, but I don t really wanna burn my rubber/clutch. Next year Ill try with a 18" z06 wheels/ DR setup and Im pretty sure its gonna be wayy better. Too bad there wasnt a 5.0 this day. Im not going to powershift too, I dont wanna destroy my trans. I do care about my car...

My best time was 13.19@109, it does put me pretty high on the fast list while having a terrible 0-60. I really dont like to slip the clutch and "smell the damage" after...

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote