Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 02-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #29
RenegadeSS

Drives: Camaro LLT
This vid might help. Unknown mods on both. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LacaDjA...eature=related. Don't know if he is a member here to.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #30
Dertyboi
SS1

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS
Thought the track was sticky

Last edited by Dertyboi; 02-24-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Dertyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #31
Dertyboi
SS1

Just did a search for drag tips so far I got rear tire pressure to 20 to 26 , sport mode and set traction to competitive mode launch at 1200rpm I'm I missing anything

Last edited by Dertyboi; 02-24-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Dertyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #32
RenegadeSS

Drives: Camaro LLT
You will get better traction at the strip than on any streetplus it's a safer environment overall.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #33
AbsoluteMayheM
LongTimeLurker

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Convertible L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dertyboi View Post
Just did a search for drag tips so far I got rear tire pressure to 20 to 26 , sport mode and set traction to competitive mode launch at 1200rpm I'm I missing anything
I think that's exactly what I would do (also have L99)

The guys are right. I would also say that the most important thing is likely just get a few practice launches in to get used to the lights. It's just different timing from Red to green on the street or when someone drops a flag.

Likely some apps out there for practicing the timing of the launch, because the cars sound pretty close. I think its going to come more down to driver vs driver and if he is pretty track friendly he might have the edge there.
AbsoluteMayheM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #34
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
There is a really easy fix to this. Go to the local tire store and get some Nitto NT555R's installed. When at the track turn all nannies off and avoid putting front tires in water box. Back rear tires into water box. Pull forward just outside of water box and do a hefty 6 second burnout. Stage and leave on last yellow light. After doing all of this and you dead hook it means the track is good and then next time power stall the car to 1500 RPM before leaving the line for a even better 60ft and ET. Do as I have said and you will not loose. His advantage is AWD. Take that advantage away with equal traction and you wont loose. AWD beats RWD but RWD that HOOKS beats AWD any day. I would rather have a lighter RWD car that hooks over a heavier AWD any day of the week even if the power was close to the same.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #35
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeSS View Post
You will get better traction at the strip than on any streetplus it's a safer environment overall.
Maybe at a big event where the track is really prepped... but for a Test and Tune most track do minimal prep and there can be a lot less traction than on the street...

But completely agree on the safer environment!! Keep it at the track where it belongs!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #36
Dertyboi
SS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
There is a really easy fix to this. Go to the local tire store and get some Nitto NT555R's installed. When at the track turn all nannies off and avoid putting front tires in water box. Back rear tires into water box. Pull forward just outside of water box and do a hefty 6 second burnout. Stage and leave on last yellow light. After doing all of this and you dead hook it means the track is good and then next time power stall the car to 1500 RPM before leaving the line for a even better 60ft and ET. Do as I have said and you will not loose. His advantage is AWD. Take that advantage away with equal traction and you wont loose. AWD beats RWD but RWD that HOOKS beats AWD any day. I would rather have a lighter RWD car that hooks over a heavier AWD any day of the week even if the power was close to the same.
This sounds good and I do have 2 extra 9 wheels but I dont have the doug to shell out for the nittos im save up to powdercoat them grey to match my stripes and have 9in in all 4 corners
Old 02-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #37
Learjetguru

Drives: 2011 2SS LS3
I have WON and lost a lot of races at the track??? Just go have some fun, If you win great.. If you lose get some more MODS.
Learjetguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #38
Dertyboi
SS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjetguru View Post
I have WON and lost a lot of races at the track??? Just go have some fun, If you win great.. If you lose get some more MODS.
This is how I feel but I will get more modds reguardless win or loose
At the same time I dont like to loose
Old 02-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #39
shoman04

Drives: 2011 Ford Taurus SHO
Quote:
Thought the track was sticky
NO NAMES 1808 OR 2314?
shoman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #40
shoman04

Drives: 2011 Ford Taurus SHO
Quote:
This is how I feel but I will get more modds reguardless win or loose
At the same time I dont like to loose
THE BOYS AT WORK WILL JUST LAUGH AT THE LOSTER. WE WILL STILL BE FRIENDS.!!!!!!!lol:fighting0040:
shoman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #41
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Oh that...hope for high 20s I kidddd

OUCH!

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #42
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Quote:
A guy I work with has a new twin turbo taurus with a tune said his last run was a 12.6 but this will be my fist time on a track what do guys think my chances are with the mods in my sig
I can't say...but I will tell you I had a Taurus SHO pull up to me at a light and rev it up. If not for my 2 1/2 yr old in the back seat, I woulda showed him my fading tail lights with the quickness!

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote