Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-23-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
dwade76

Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Exclamation Problems already...

So i picked up my brand new 2LT RS camaro on tuesday and i was driving it for about 3 day and washed it once between that time. The check engine light came on so the next day saturday i brought back to the dealership i thought it had something to do with the gas cap but the guy brought it back out after an hour and said everything was fine with it and passed all the computer checks. So i get into it and start it up and it just starts shaking and moving in a way i never had it before so i left and running and popped the hood and saw the engine just shaking back and forth and not in a normal way. So i went back into the drivers seat and looked at the dash and it was saying engine power low so i shut it down and went back into the service department and the guy asked me if i wash my car and i go yeah and he was like theres your problem right there and i was like what your telling me i cant wash my car or drive in the rain so they asked me to leave it there for a few days and gave me a rent-a-car any ideas guys on what went wrong or if anyone else had that problem.
dwade76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
hair10

Drives: 2SS - Transformer Edition
Can't.read.no.punctuation...

aaaahhhhh... my eyes!

hair10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:55 PM   #3
egad09

Drives: 2010 CGM 1SS Camaro
So basic idea is the dealer said you have engine problems because you washed your Camaro? Thats a first ... I want to hear why washing the Camaro can cause engine problems because I am SOOOO screwed if this is true.

Did you like spray water up into the exhaust or intake or something?
Old 05-23-2010, 08:56 PM   #4
dwade76

Quote:
Originally Posted by hair10 View Post
Can't.read.no.punctuation...

aaaahhhhh... my eyes!
Dude were not in grade school just looking for some advice.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:58 PM   #5
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
lol... its easier to help you, if we can read what you say. It's not bashing you, we need the understand you lol.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:58 PM   #6
Stormyone

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM M6
did you wash and rinse the engine area?
Old 05-23-2010, 08:59 PM   #7
dwade76

Quote:
Originally Posted by egad09 View Post
So basic idea is the dealer said you have engine problems because you washed your Camaro? Thats a first ... I want to hear why washing the Camaro can cause engine problems because I am SOOOO screwed if this is true.

Did you like spray water up into the exhaust or intake or something?
no man he first thought water got into the engine but his partner told thats makes no sense you should be able to wash your car or drive in the rain. So im thinking its something electrical.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:00 PM   #8
Stormyone

The 4th generation vettes didn't like water, if you washed the engine you ran the risk of shorting out the infamous optispark....
Old 05-23-2010, 09:00 PM   #9
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwade76 View Post
Dude were not in grade school just looking for some advice.
no
But people might be more willing to help you out if it didn't take so long to figure out what you are trying to say. It's really hard to read something with incorrect grammar or no punctuation.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:02 PM   #10
Stormyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
no
But people might be more willing to help you out if it didn't take so long to figure out what you are trying to say. It's really hard to read something with incorrect grammar or no punctuation.
Come on it was not that difficult to read.... let's solve his car problem first then deal with the other if need be....
Old 05-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #11
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Well either you have left out a lot or the service department did.

I can assure you can drive your Camaro in the rain and you can even wash your Camaro. So I'm pretty sure that's not what they were telling you.

So you haven't told us enough to really help you, because I am quite sure I've driven a whole bunch of Camaros in the rain and I've washed them all without concern or consequence.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #12
JSC81

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
no
I understand your point.. Let’s also understand that most of us here are Americans! English may not be everyone’s first language either.

No need in grammar Nazi’s running around forums belittling someone they don't know. These forums arent job resumes. If it hurts your eyes or you cant understand it don't read or reply. His concerns and points were completely understandable.

Now back on topic.. That sounds strange I never heard of anyone having that problem yet. I had a 97 Trans Am Ram Air that threw check engine codes when it got wet. Whether it be a drive through car wash or just raining. Nothing as serious as you stated though. I wish you the best.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:20 PM   #13
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC81 View Post
I understand your point.. Let’s also understand that most of us here are Americans! English may not be everyone’s first language either.

No need in grammar Nazi’s running around forums belittling someone they don't know. These forums arent job resumes. If it hurts your eyes or you cant understand it don't read or reply. His concerns and points were completely understandable.

Now back on topic.. That sounds strange I never heard of anyone having that problem yet. I had a 97 Trans Am Ram Air that threw check engine codes when it got wet. Whether it be a drive through car wash or just raining. Nothing as serious as you stated though. I wish you the best.
not being a grammar nazi, or belittling anyone. I'm sorry if that's how it came off. Like I said though, people are more willing to help if they don't have to go back and read more than once to understand.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #14
Stormyone

Quote:
not being a grammar nazi, or belittling anyone. I'm sorry if that's how it came off. Like I said though, people are more willing to help if they don't have to go back and read more than once to understand.
fair enough.... have you heard of any issues if the engine gets washed on these cars?

Tags
engine, low power