Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #127
Edwin320

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Convertible A10
Just dropped the car off to get this and a few other items taken care of. I hope it all goes well.

On another note, I was given an older Impala rental. GM needs to do everything in its power to get these cars out of rental fleets. This car epitomizes "Old GM." An import owner driving this thing would take it as more evidence that GM can't make a competitive car, and would never seriously consider buying a GM car. It's terrible.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #128
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie4422 View Post
BTW thanks to all of you on C5 who posted the TSBs and information because without all that knowledge i would never have been able to advocate about my issues with the dealership!!

Thanks!!!
Great point

... tip your waitresses guys!!
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #129
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
USA-1, your vehicle is involved in this program. Like the others you should check in with your dealer and look get this taken care of as soon as you can. I hope it's a quick trip for you. Let us know how things go for you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #130
USA-1

Drives: 2011 sw vert ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
USA-1, your vehicle is involved in this program. Like the others you should check in with your dealer and look get this taken care of as soon as you can. I hope it's a quick trip for you. Let us know how things go for you.

Thank you
USA-1
USA-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #131
rangomr

Drives: Oracle Camaro has all the bells &
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Rally, your vehicle is a part of this program. I would suggest getting it taken care of before more work needs to be done to the top. Hopefully this gets everything taken care of for you and you don't have to worry about it. Kendred, I have heard nothing on a new tonneau cover for the Camaro. It is possible but until I get something in my resources or from my superiors I have absolutely no information on any new tonneau cover in the works.

Thank You for your service to all of us on this great site. I've just had this car 12 days and would assume they would have taken care of this car if it was in the recall but I will feel much better if I hear it from another dealership. Could you please check on my vin number 2G1FC3D31C9176453 Thanks Michael rangomr@gmail.com
rangomr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #132
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
rangomr, your vehicle is not part of this program. Hopefully you have many wonderful years with your convertible.

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #133
texfre

Drives: 2011 Conv 2SS RS 6 Hurst SRX-4
Finally had a call from GM Dealer-parts will be in April 30. They have never done one, might do the 11 Vert in their showroom as they won't out the top down on it. I have ut the top down once, only heard of the problems thru this forum. My 11 Vert is affected by the TSB's. Between the top problem and rust hat around the rotors I am not too please with my "last" car. I am 65 years old, had this thing tuned, Airaid on it, but I really worry about the long term problems with this top. Thanks to you all who have posted, I will let you know as I am in a small town in Canada and no where else to for service.
texfre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #134
RetPig

Drives: 2012 1LT RS, Inferno Orange Vert
Could you please check my VIN Number. I have a 2012 RS 1LT Convertable. I purchased it 11/03/2011. Vin# 2G1FB3D33C9102745.

Thanks
Bill
RetPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #135
Micki

Drives: 2012 Vert RS 2LT
is there an actual recall or is it just a TSB? My dealership claims no recall. It's the customers option if they want to fix it or leave it alone
Micki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #136
gaddied

Drives: camaro
Jeff
Here is my VIN number,
VIN: 2G1FT3DW1B9176199
I would like to know of all recalls and TSB's for it.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks
gaddied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:51 AM   #137
ghostrider2

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow ZL1 Vert/M6
I just purchased a 2011 vert brand new, great deal. Not sure what to look for so if you guys have any pictures of this 5th bow issue that would be great. I did notice that when looking inside the car from the drivers seat the far passenger side by the window has what appears to be loose/ creased fabric? Its set to go in this Thurs for them to inspect and they told me they will check alignment but knew nothing of any TSB's or bigger water bags.. Thanks
Old 04-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #138
IXLER8

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider2 View Post
I just purchased a 2011 vert brand new, great deal. Not sure what to look for so if you guys have any pictures of this 5th bow issue that would be great. I did notice that when looking inside the car from the drivers seat the far passenger side by the window has what appears to be loose/ creased fabric? Its set to go in this Thurs for them to inspect and they told me they will check alignment but knew nothing of any TSB's or bigger water bags.. Thanks
i have the crease too they wanted to outsource to a trim shop i said no for now, the one on their lot had it too but not as bad.
IXLER8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #139
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micki View Post
is there an actual recall or is it just a TSB? My dealership claims no recall. It's the customers option if they want to fix it or leave it alone
It is not an actual recall. Nowhere is the word recall used in the letter we got from GM.

It is simply a notice from GM indicating they have learned that your top "may have a condition in which the headliner corner support bracket may contact or tear the convertible top when the top is in the down position, and may have wind noise at the front and/or rear quarter glass"

"What we will do: Your Chevrolet dealer will modify the corner support bracket to eliminate the possibility of a tear in the convertible top, and will install wind-proofing material and adjust a tension spring to eliminate the wind noise. This service will be performed for you at no charge untinl April 30, 2014. After that, any applicable warranty will apply"
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #140
Blitz

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
It is not an actual recall. Nowhere is the word recall used in the letter we got from GM.

It is simply a notice from GM indicating they have learned that your top "may have a condition in which the headliner corner support bracket may contact or tear the convertible top when the top is in the down position, and may have wind noise at the front and/or rear quarter glass"

"What we will do: Your Chevrolet dealer will modify the corner support bracket to eliminate the possibility of a tear in the convertible top, and will install wind-proofing material and adjust a tension spring to eliminate the wind noise. This service will be performed for you at no charge untinl April 30, 2014. After that, any applicable warranty will apply"
I still have not gotten a letter... when you get this?

Either way, I'm guessing I can just call the dealer at this point, I just don't want to be the one to "go first" at this dealership.

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote