Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-06-2012, 08:48 PM   #15
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
well I'm building a new house.....and foir me, the garage is VERY VERY IMPORTANT.....my garage is 45' x 24'......3 1/2 bays LOTS of room!!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #16
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
My parents garage is parallel to the street. I'm glad I don't have to make a 90 degree turn to back in there every day.

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #17
lelzie

Drives: Black 3LT -Non Z51
I originally had a big issue with space, then I realized, my wifes car is a POS. Now that she parks on the street, I have plenty of space.
lelzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #18
CookieCk

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Mine doesn't fit in my garage... The space inside isn't an issue, but the garage doors are too small. For the moment it's right outside the garage under a car canopy, but I plan to either take out the two doors and replace them with one big garage door, or build a detached garage with a bigger door, whichever money allows(though I'd prefer the detached garage).
CookieCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #19
FFPM73
Firefighter/Paramedic

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS M6 LS-3
My old house had a 2 1/2 garage with 2 single doors which the opening was too small unless the car went in on an angle drivers mirror first then passenger side then straighten out. I have replaced the passenger mirror twice because of it. My new house, I have a 3 car garage attached to the house and a 40x70x50 hanger detached which now house all my tools, lift and most importantly my Camaros...... No more garage space issues for me...
Old 05-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #20
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
3 Car Garage, so no issues, got the Camaro and my Avalanche in no problems

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #21
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
I live in an apartment with a garage and the only thing I had to watch out for was the width of the door. It's fine once you get in but I only have about 2 inches outside both side mirrors to make it in. Gotta be slow and careful for sure.
I have this same situation now. I have to put the car in at an angle so I can open the driver door enough to get out. Nerve racking to be sure, especially with all that the damn beeping!!
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #22
stray bullitt

Drives: Bentley Continental GT.
I had a 33' x 21' garage built. Made sure the doors were 9' wide, because I was fed up with tiny 7' wide British standard doors.
Attached Images

stray bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #23
sprtplt

Drives: Corvette
The garage door problem with Camaros is that the side mirrors don't fold.
Corvette mirrors fold and that makes it no problem for a standard eight foot opening.
sprtplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #24
GMguy70

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
My mirrors are really close to not fitting through the door. It's an 8ft wide door but with the wood trim it ends up being less than that. You better measure first.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #25
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
I live in an apartment with a garage and the only thing I had to watch out for was the width of the door. It's fine once you get in but I only have about 2 inches outside both side mirrors to make it in. Gotta be slow and careful for sure.
This is why I always back into my garage. I angle the mirror in and down and cruise right in. About three inches to spare on each mirror through the doorway.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:40 PM   #26
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
back from the dead...
does anyone have a measurement from mirror to mirror edges?
I think I've seen 80-82inches, can anyone confirm?
would need to roll windows down and put the tape thru both to measure this...
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #27
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
190.4 inches overall length, 75.5 inches overall width (per GM website....)
And add atleast a couple of feet to each side - those doors are lonnnnnng!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #28
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
well I'm building a new house.....and foir me, the garage is VERY VERY IMPORTANT.....my garage is 45' x 24'......3 1/2 bays LOTS of room!!
Better make it 28' deep, Nuke. My garage is 24' deep and although the Camaro has plenty of room, I have to pull my quad cab truck inches from the back wall to have room to get around the back end.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote