Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-20-2010, 12:45 AM   #1
DavidCigam

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS A6
Question My new Camaro came with a soaked trunk?

So today I got my 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS A6! But after I brought it home and popped the trunk to check how much space is in there, (A decent amount of space if your are curious).

After looking I decided to start feeling the material inside and it felt pretty damped, I felt around some more, some spots were really damp while other were fairly dry, I then felt the top of the truck from the inside and it was also wet.

At first I thought maybe it's wet because they cleaned it while detailing the car, but that makes no sense, why would they wash the trunk space? That is unless they used the trunk to transport a dead body or something, which would also explain the red smudge on the steering wheel? I mean it did have over 100 miles on it before I took it.

But jokes aside I think there might be a leak in the trunk and I'm going to call the dealer in the morning and tell him about it, but I figure I'd also get your guy's thoughts on why the floor of my trunk was damp after I drove it home?

By the way, as far as I am aware there has been no rain so it must have got in when they washed the car while detailing it.
DavidCigam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:51 AM   #2
Steers

Drives: 2010 SW 2SS M6
Well..be more specific, which parts were wet, which parts weren't?
Steers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:51 AM   #3
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Maybe they didn't close it all he way when washing it?

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:56 AM   #4
DavidCigam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steers View Post
Well..be more specific, which parts were wet, which parts weren't?
Pretty much the whole bottom of it was soaked, mainly though at the ends like drive side and passenger side ends, the middle was fairly dry, as for the roof of the trunk I am pretty sure all of it was a little wet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
Maybe they didn't close it all he way when washing it?
I did have a problem shutting the trunk but that could easily be from me not shutting it hard enough. It's possible though.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:00 AM   #5
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidCigam View Post
So today I got my 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS A6! But after I brought it home and popped the trunk to check how much space is in there, (A decent amount of space if your are curious).

After looking I decided to start feeling the material inside and it felt pretty damped, I felt around some more, some spots were really damp while other were fairly dry, I then felt the top of the truck from the inside and it was also wet.

At first I thought maybe it's wet because they cleaned it while detailing the car, but that makes no sense, why would they wash the trunk space? That is unless they used the trunk to transport a dead body or something, which would also explain the red smudge on the steering wheel? I mean it did have over 100 miles on it before I took it.

But jokes aside I think there might be a leak in the trunk and I'm going to call the dealer in the morning and tell him about it, but I figure I'd also get your guy's thoughts on why the floor of my trunk was damp after I drove it home?

By the way, as far as I am aware there has been no rain so it must have got in when they washed the car while detailing it.
maybe one of the mechanics took a bath in it!..(lol!)...god knows!..they really 'stink" bad!..yeah!..sounds like ya got a leak somewhere!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:00 AM   #6
Steers

Drives: 2010 SW 2SS M6
Could not have been shut all the way when they detailed it.

But the trunk SHOULD NOT be hard to close...mine is nice and smooth
Steers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:04 AM   #7
DavidCigam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaryt View Post
maybe one of the mechanics took a bath in it!..(lol!)...god knows!..they really 'stink" bad!..yeah!..sounds like ya got a leak somewhere!
Haha, maybe! I hope it was that they didn't shut the trunk all the way because it just started pouring down rain here out of no where and I don't have a garage so it's just open to the elements... Either way I guess with this shower we'll find out if it has a leak or they didn't shut the trunk all the way.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:15 AM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
DavidCigam, all kinds of things could have happened, like when the washed it, or detailed it, and I would imagine they will have NO CLUE. So what I would do is this.....go buy you a news paper, open up the trunk, lay a couple layers of news paper over the whole trunk, at least the part under the lid....close the trunk adn give you car qa GOOD bath. IF you trunk has a leak, it will show on the newspaper. IF its wel, CALL THE DEALER, you got a leak, IF its dry....the screwed up when THEY washed it and didn't have the lid closed.

OH and BTW, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in them...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 10-20-2010, 06:25 AM   #9
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
possible that it was opened during a rain then closed up?
Old 10-20-2010, 10:57 AM   #10
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I'd call the dealer and ask them if there's any reason why the trunk should be so wet, to give them a heads up on the issue if it does turn out to be an issue. Ditto to lining the trunk with newspaper and hosing it down real good with the trunk lid firmly shut.
Let us know how it turns out!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #11
DavidCigam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
DavidCigam, all kinds of things could have happened, like when the washed it, or detailed it, and I would imagine they will have NO CLUE. So what I would do is this.....go buy you a news paper, open up the trunk, lay a couple layers of news paper over the whole trunk, at least the part under the lid....close the trunk adn give you car qa GOOD bath. IF you trunk has a leak, it will show on the newspaper. IF its wel, CALL THE DEALER, you got a leak, IF its dry....the screwed up when THEY washed it and didn't have the lid closed.

OH and BTW, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in them...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Haha thanks, but I've been here since around May of 2009, just changed made a new account yesterday because it'd be foolish to have "Camaro2010SS" as my username when I drive a 2011 LT and I'll try that news paper idea today.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:04 AM   #12
DavidCigam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadspearo View Post
possible that it was opened during a rain then closed up?
If it was opened during a rain shower it'd be on the dealer's part, while with me it didn't rain until last night after I felt that the trunk was damp and I knew it was shut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
I'd call the dealer and ask them if there's any reason why the trunk should be so wet, to give them a heads up on the issue if it does turn out to be an issue. Ditto to lining the trunk with newspaper and hosing it down real good with the trunk lid firmly shut.
Let us know how it turns out!
Will do!
Old 10-20-2010, 11:14 AM   #13
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Check the rear WING, its mounting hardware ( for nut tightness and those poorly designed and installed paper thin rubber washers). These are well known issues. Good Luck!
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #14
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
Check the rear WING, its mounting hardware ( for nut tightness and those poorly designed and installed paper thin rubber washers). These are well known issues. Good Luck!
OK now, it's a spoiler. Wings are for ricers

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro trunk space wet