Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 12-20-2010, 09:14 PM   #71
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL-2SS View Post
Or the Vic saw them in the distance and thought he had enough time to go, when in fact they were coming at a greater rate of speed than he thought, so he starts to go and them bang they are on top of him before he can get across the intersection.
which goes against where the mustang was hit.....for the 10nth time.... it is very evident the crown vic tried to squeeze between the stang and the camaro... and failed. so unless the stang and maro were going 5 mph the collision would have happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
The more I watch it the more that is very evident. The crown vic got caught waiting for the other car to turn instead of staying in his lane. Speeding on that road was dumb, but it was even dumber what the guy in the crown vic did. I don't think the mustang or the camaro were going all that fast at that point in time anyhow. It sounds like the camaro lifted long before the crash.
thats what i was trying to say earlier when i said they were going between 45 and 60 mph. both cars were back to regular cruising speed at the time of impact.
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:17 PM   #72
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
which goes against where the mustang was hit.....for the 10nth time.... it is very evident the crown vic tried to squeeze between the stang and the camaro... and failed. so unless the stang and maro were going 5 mph the collision would have happened.

thats what i was trying to say earlier when i said they were going between 45 and 60 mph. both cars were back to regular cruising speed at the time of impact.
Looked like an old geiser's car type of car...
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:47 PM   #73
kutch720

Drives: Camaro 1LT RS
From reading everyones post here, I would still have to put the full blame on the Mustang and Camaro driver. I have watched this over and over, and from what I can see is that the Mustang looks like it puts on the brakes to stop but realizes they are going to fast to stop in time, then trys to swerve and miss the Vic. The Camaro driver was pretty much blinded to the Vic because the Mustang was in the way until it swerved. Reagrdless I am just glad nobody was killed.
kutch720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:42 AM   #74
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
By your definition of "race" the Vic was racing to beat the traffic rather than yielding. So they are just as guilty. I've been driving heavily modded sports cars sence 1986, pics in my profile prove it. We have given up all individual accountability in this society and trust the written rules made by generations of decisions to govern us. Exactly like Rome before the fall. Perhaps a bit heavy the day before christmass but my thought none the less.

Last edited by formare; 12-24-2010 at 03:21 PM.
formare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:23 PM   #75
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
The Saints seem to come out of the woodwork on threads like this LOL. Anyone that's ever driven over the speed limit, for whatever reason, has no right to pass judgement. I'm quite certain there's not one person on this forum that's NEVER broken one single traffic law. It was an unfortunate event and in some ways a comedy of errors. It is what it is...
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:03 AM   #76
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Accidents happen...to good people. I am 54 years old, been a LA County paramedic for 26 years and have seen just about every kind of wreck you can imagine with various endings. I have pronounced death more times than I can count. I have seen young and old, babies and seniors all die when it wasn't their fault. Motorcycles, cars, trucks, scooters, airplanes, you name it, all wrecked.

9 times out of 10 the accidents are caused by HUMAN error. Many times alcohol or speed are involved. These people in the video apparently ALL got lucky.

When I was 19 a friend of mine was driving my girlfriend to town see me and he was speeding and rolled his car into a ditch and she got thrown out the window and crushed under the car and died in front of him. I have never forgotten that empty, helpless feeling when I received the phone call.

You can replace metal, you cannot replace a person, friend, loved one. I don't even have to look at the video in this thread as I can tell you exactly who was at fault... they all were! Each driver is accountable for the actions they take when they accept the responsibility and receive the PRIVILEGE of driving.

I truly wish you all a Merry Christmas and a very safe New Year.

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 03:30 AM   #77
2SS BUMBLBE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/L99
If the Mustang and Camaro are <= speed limit, then the Crown Vic's path does not intersect with that of the M&S (Vic already passed Point of Impact [PoI]), else Crown Vic path does intersect with that of the M&S.

If the Crown Vic does not enter intersection until M&S pass, then Crown Vic's path does not intersect with that of the M&S, else Crown Vic path does intersect with that of the M&S.

Both statements return "False," therefore Crown Vic path does intersect with that of M&S.

Two variables aligned to intersect the vehicle paths, and the first statement had to return "False" before the second one could even be addressed. Without the speeding that allowed the M&S to reach the PoI at that moment, the Crown Vic would not have been at the PoI when the M&S were at the PoI. So we would skip the second IF/THEN/ELSE, so the second variable is dependent on the first.

Counter: the Crown Vic driver misjudged the approaching M&S speeds and the speed of the truck turning right and should not have entered the intersection.

Counter: if the M&S were not speeding, the Crown Vic would have had ample time to slow, allow the truck to complete the turn, then follow and clear the intersection.

One case of misjudgment, two cases of speeding that placed the speeders at the PoI. Judging the speed of an approaching vehicle is an estimate for even an experienced driver, but knowing you are in excess of the speed limit and road conditions is as easy as glancing at the speedometer, realizing you are passing on the right, exceeding the speed of the flow of traffic, or road conditions (wet, snow, etc.). Three human errors, three drivers with excuses, one justifiable, two are not.

Verdict, if you had not been speeding, you would not have been at that location, at that time, to collide with the Crown Vic, who misjudged your rate of speed. Your willful violation of clearly posted traffic laws and Mr. Crown Vic's misjudgment of your speed caused a collision, leading to serious injury, property damage, and public cost (the first responders and associated expenses).
2SS BUMBLBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 09:47 PM   #78
73camarolt

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
See they might have been speeding but the Crown Vic basically turned right into that mustang. The Vic pulled out in front of the camaro and mustang. It looked as if he tried to go between them. Now im not a judge or anything but thats what i thought happened.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:46 AM   #79
defectisy

Drives: Camaro 2LT "CRYPTIC"
that was just stupid driving on all 3 prties.. i raced my cuzins suburu wrx (non sti) wit my 2tl and beat em.. same year (2010) and none of that happen to either of us.. it could also be wrong place wrong time situation..
defectisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:59 AM   #80
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
I was trying to get around 5-7 cars on this wide open country road with no yellow lines at night(could see at least a mile or two ahead, there was no oncoming traffic) the guy up front was going 35 mph in a 55 mph, so I floored it(trying to get around in case someone pulled out, or just because of the fact I was passing so many cars), hit 80-85 when passing them and didnt go any faster because of bumps... is a car with a firmer suspension or softer/floatier suspension more stable at high speeds ?? I would think a softer sprung car would lose control with much less warning versus mine, which has a firm sport suspension....
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:24 AM   #81
MatchbookSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro
It depends.
MatchbookSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #82
Steers

Drives: 2010 SW 2SS M6
From what I saw...it looks like the vic tried to pull out about a second, maybe 1.5 seconds before the mustang hit.

I don't see how that can be considered misjudgement. Its all 3 of their faults.
Steers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:13 PM   #83
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Being as nobody lost their life in this accident, you can really say it was a comedy of errors. Some of the all time best satires couldn't have been written as well as this. Lesson to be learned here is, everyone be aware. Whether or not you're engaged in a little contest of speed or you're running late for work, plan ahead for the other idiot that's doing the same....
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:26 AM   #84
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
This goes to show your reading comprehension, no offense intended. L99 is being sarcastic, and posing a hypothetical scenario.

Again, the Vic caused the wreck by not yielding, the Mustang attempted to go around, was hit by the Vic, who's forward momentum then carried it into the path of the Camaro.

If I was the primary officer, the Vic would have received a failure to yield ticket, the Mustang and Camaro would have gotten street racing citations. The accident report would show primary cause of accident being the illegal turn, with secondary causes being the speed of the other cars. I might even hit the Vic with a improper lane usage ticket as it does appear as though it slowed, or stopped, in the opposing lane waiting for the truck to turn.

Again, while what the Mustang and Camaro was attempting to do, as evidenced by the dialogue in the video, was illegal,that activity didn't cause the wreck, although it played a factor in it. The Vic's actions caused the wreck.
If you folks can't see that, you need new glasses and or a bigger screen.
I agree.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote