Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-25-2014, 08:33 AM   #43
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I would say your best bet will be to leave. They moved a bunch of section 8 housing into the outskirts of my parents town/technically unincorporated and things have only gotten worse. there has been shootings, and drive by shootings there more frequently and my old high school has gone down the drain very quick once the section 8 kids made it there.

and on a much lighter note, I would strongly suggest don't be like some of the other camaro owners here and take two spots even it its in the back hahaha
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:59 AM   #44
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Sad to say but I would just trade in the Camaro for a beater. Less stress that way, since you're in a lose-lose situation.

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:29 AM   #45
LogicFan

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
But....the children's families don't care. These are the same families that, when the garbage bins are closed (you can lift them open with your hands), they just leave the garbage on the ground. It's common practice here.

Almost nobody who rents here has respect for where they live, because there is no consequence for treating the place like crap.

I've seen the kids damage property for fun! Just because they don't have supervision, or someone telling them what is appropriate behavior for your neighborhood.

EDIT: Almost forgot, a few years ago, my Grandmother's car was keyed there, with some nasty words. Different kids, same atmosphere.
I'd be pissed, there should be rules set up saying if kids are outside under a certain age a adult must be watching at all times. I would install some security cams so if something happens again, you can catch them without a hassle from HOA. People need to learn respect.
LogicFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:31 AM   #46
LogicFan

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by homewrecker View Post
I'm in your boat. We're stuck, I own a townhouse too. Once I parked my Tacoma in our resident stalls and I was sitting there using the phone, a person with a new FJ cruiser parked next to me and boom, swung open the door and hit mine. That person smiled and just walked away. I had to get out of my car and give her a personal lesson in respecting other people's property (no, I didn't take her on a date). What I'm saying is that you don't have a choice right now about where to park but you can talk to the kids playing there and assign one of the kids you see often to watch your car. In return for protecting your car, you buy them something small every week; McDonald's, soccer ball or whatever. I remember when I was kid, if an adult gave me a task and if I was rewarded I'll do my best to get that reward. Kids haven't changed that much... When life gives you lemons, you squirt'em in their eyes.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
Kids will do anything for something they want, that's a great idea haha.
LogicFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:10 PM   #47
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
I hate where I have to park too. I live in a bad neighborhood so I have to keep everything locked up in the garage and hide the keys. Otherwise someone might break into my house, find my keys and steal my rides.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:28 PM   #48
cornfield camaro

Drives: 2011 l99
Glad I live in the midwest, out in the sticks with a lot of armament! People look at me like I'm nuts when I say I didn't buy this stuff to shoot animals, just humans in my living room!
We don't have any of the stuff you east or west coast guys have, Thank God we have nasty winters, it keeps the buttheads from wanting to move here.
cornfield camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:39 PM   #49
ABorn

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
I don't know if you have room for it but I bought a garage in-a-box for $230. It takes a few hours to put together but def worth it. Don't have to worry about anything happening to my baby.
ABorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:10 AM   #50
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4speed_motorsports View Post
Get a fabric cover for your car, it may not protect against anything big, but it will definitely take care of minor scratches and dings
Car cover will create more harm than good when it comes to scratches.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:00 AM   #51
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoyBlue View Post
Section 8 is just another way to reward lazy people and low lives at the expense of the tax payer. These are able bodied people for the most part that just scam the system.

Either move or rent a garage. When I lived in NYC in my early twenties I had to rent a garage 10-15 blocks away from my apartment. It sucked, but my 1995 Pontiac Firehawk was pristine until the day I sold her.

Good luck. With the way this country is going, it is only going to get worse. Us people pulling the wagon are getting tired and many will give up and jump on in the wagon.
If you have nothing against the program then you either don't understand the social consequences and you should accept where you live. Next time you pay taxes on anything including your property taxes on your townhouse just look across the street and tell yourself how happy you are supporting a majority of people that do nothing to better your area or this country. Move now.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:06 AM   #52
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Feet's dont fail me now. Run forest run, hey scooby lets get out of here.

trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:08 AM   #53
Brandonmos

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
There are balls flying up, down left and right!!?? That sounds like hell on earth
Old 06-28-2014, 05:24 AM   #54
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:34 AM   #55
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
I had almost the same prob.-like Mick Jagger said-'you got to move,you got to move child.I'm moving.
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:27 AM   #56
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
i still dont understand why the OP doesnt move. unless you are in a long term contract, that cant be the only place in Jersey you can live.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote