Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

View Poll Results: Who will win Super Bowl XLIV!
Indianapolis Colts 31 53.45%
New Orleans Saints 27 46.55%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #701
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason44 View Post
Well I want Bradford to go to Cowboys but that's not going to happen.
You don't like Homo?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #702
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Bradford is as 'money' coming into the league as Elway or Manning.

NOBODY is a gaurantee but the odds don't get much higher for a QB to be great, as they are for Sammy.

And Miami will be needing QB consistancy. Pennington is fragile and I think he's DONE.
Matt Leinart won a Heisman, almost won 2, played at a Pro-Style Offensive school, went to (and won one) 2 NC games, and had a big time arm. That is as money as it gets and he hasn't even played more than a few games.

Parcells drafted Henne who (as much as I think he sucks) seems to be our future. Our secondary needs the most work, and Berry is as sure-thing as it gets.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #703
Mason44

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
You don't like Homo?
No and I seem to be the only Cowboys fan that doesn't like him.
Mason44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:36 PM   #704
Mason44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Matt Leinart won a Heisman, almost won 2, played at a Pro-Style Offensive school, went to (and won one) 2 NC games, and had a big time arm. That is as money as it gets and he hasn't even played more than a few games.

Parcells drafted Henne who (as much as I think he sucks) seems to be our future. Our secondary needs the most work, and Berry is as sure-thing as it gets.
I'm sorry Matt Leinart might have done all of that but he was not that great of a QB. I don't care what anyone says he had a lot of talent to throw to and he doesn't have any were near as much raw talent as Bradford does. I also don't recall Leinart almost going into the draft his sophomore year and we all know if Bradford would have the Lions would have grabbed him up right away (which is probably the main reason why he didn't go into the draft).
Old 10-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #705
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason44 View Post
Well I want Bradford to go to Cowboys but that's not going to happen.
I want that 7th ring to put the final nail in the coffin of greatest team ever

SuperBowls Won

Steelers 6
Browns 0
http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/v6...-all-over.html

----------------------------------------------
"In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate.
In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law.
To pursue... natural justice.
This is not vengeance.
Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response.
No, not vengeance.
Punishment."
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #706
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:

I never heard once that he was the next 'thing'

Just a high pick. Bradford has the 'It' that they look for.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #707
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
I never heard once that he was the next 'thing'

Just a high pick. Bradford has the 'It' that they look for.
Bradford is a big time QB, but I've seen him buckle under pressure (Go Gators ) even after having over a month to prepare for our D.

I'd go with the sure thing which is Berry, and so will Parcells.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #708
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Back to the Lienert thing.... Can some one please tell me why guys like him and Brady Quinn struggle in the NFL... Obviously they are smart enough.... Stong, quick, fast, healthy eanough.... What's the deal. I really wanted/want both of them to do well.

What say you all...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:07 PM   #709
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Back to the Lienert thing.... Can some one please tell me why guys like him and Brady Quinn struggle in the NFL... Obviously they are smart enough.... Stong, quick, fast, healthy eanough.... What's the deal. I really wanted/want both of them to do well.

What say you all...
I think its mostly bad coaching. There is no reason they shouldn't succeed. They have every possible tool which they need to do well but dont, It has to come down to coaching.

Just compare Leinart to Tony Homo. Wait... bad example
Old 10-02-2009, 05:13 PM   #710
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
I think its mostly bad coaching. There is no reason they shouldn't succeed. They have every possible tool which they need to do well but dont, It has to come down to coaching.

There are guys who just simply are doomed from the beggining. They get put in a bad situation and have no chance of success.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:35 PM   #711
Mason44

Quote:

Quote:

There are guys who just simply are doomed from the beggining. They get put in a bad situation and have no chance of success.

I think for the Cowboys to do well again is to get rid of Tony Homo. They got rid of TO and now its time for Homo to go.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:41 PM   #712
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
I think Leinart is just over rated. He was great college QB same boat Brady Quinn and Vince Young. Leinart just had a bunch of pro calliber players playing college ball. Heck any college QB with Reggie Bush and the recieving core he had would look alot better than he actually is. Vince Young has a gun for an arm but he just can't take off and run the ball like he could in College. He's fast but in NFL everyones fast. In college he could out run most players at least till he got to the secondary but put him in the NFL there some freaks who play defensive line that can keep up with him and just about every linebacker can keep up with him so his running ability is just not that affective in NFL! I think Tebow will realize this next year!! Not the out running but if he thinks he be running over players in the NFL like he does colege players he will be getting all types of rides to the Hospital like he had to take in Kentucky last week! I think Tebow and Young both have good arms but neither has great NFL accuracy! Both are great college QB's but fair NFL QB's!
Rockytophummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:07 AM   #713
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockytophummer View Post
I think Leinart is just over rated. He was great college QB same boat Brady Quinn and Vince Young. Leinart just had a bunch of pro calliber players playing college ball. Heck any college QB with Reggie Bush and the recieving core he had would look alot better than he actually is. Vince Young has a gun for an arm but he just can't take off and run the ball like he could in College. He's fast but in NFL everyones fast. In college he could out run most players at least till he got to the secondary but put him in the NFL there some freaks who play defensive line that can keep up with him and just about every linebacker can keep up with him so his running ability is just not that affective in NFL! I think Tebow will realize this next year!! Not the out running but if he thinks he be running over players in the NFL like he does colege players he will be getting all types of rides to the Hospital like he had to take in Kentucky last week! I think Tebow and Young both have good arms but neither has great NFL accuracy! Both are great college QB's but fair NFL QB's!

Name one WR he had on his receiving core at USC without looking it up.

And Tebow went to the hospital after getting hit in the back of the head while being sacked, didn't have anything to do with him running the ball.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:16 AM   #714
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockytophummer View Post
Just.... simply.............

Quote:
Name one WR he had on his receiving core at USC without looking it up.

And Tebow went to the hospital after getting hit in the back of the head while being sacked, didn't have anything to do with him running the ball.
It's not necessarily the recievers he had but the competition he played against.