Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 3rd Generation Camaros

Old 11-24-2015, 06:25 AM   #1
DriftinSSRS

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS RS
Question 1990 IROC Convertible

I'll be checking out a 1990 IROC vert later this week with 135k miles. I ran a carfax (I know it's only as good as what's reported to carfax) the history indicates multiple owners. The car has lived primarily in the NJ and eastern PA area, no accidents reported.

From the pictures and an email exchange with the owner the car is sound mechanically. Top replaced in 2010, new tires in 2014 with less than 1000 miles on them. Cosmetically the drivers seat is somewhat worn and a few paint chips (no big deal for me). My intentions for the car will be to drive and enjoy frequently. Not a garage queen.

what should be my points of concerns regarding this Camaro? What are the trouble spots? Areas to look for rust? What problems are on this year Camaro are covered up? Anything else you can think of that I should check into regarding this car? Thanks
DriftinSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:52 AM   #2
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
I dont believe those were prone to mechanical issues. I'd be more concerned about rust.