Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-27-2009, 08:09 PM   #15
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Looks like wax residue to me. Not sure how that can be cracks in the paint since the roof ditch moulding and the roof/body are 2 separate pieces. In other words, they do not pain the ditch mouldings on the car.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:05 PM   #16
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Not sure what it is, but it isn't a crack in the metal. This looks like something got in the molding and maybe stuck. You have a roof decal. Did they do anything with that on it's install? Did they get some of the adhesive on the car when they wet it out?

But the light areas are not on the body, they are on the molding.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:35 PM   #17
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonFiberSS-RS View Post
Here is pics of drivers and passenger sides of the roof ditch.

Dealer wants to hold out for a while on any repairs to see what happens as I get more miles since I only have 1k miles. One thought is that it's the clear coat is pulling away. Another is that the glue seeped out when the molding was put in place. I think base coat was thick, flexible plastic molding then cracked and pulled away from the metal roof. Should not be a problem with warranty coverage but there is no way I'm letting them mess with any paint work. Maybe a lifetime supply of IBM touch up paint would be good enough.

Kevin
If you had custom stipes it may have to do with where the painter taped off and it could be resin from clearcoat. I had a similar thing happen to me after my wife got my 02 harley truck stuck on the order sign at sonic and I had the door repainted. I had spots like that on the inside of the door. You might go back to person who painted the stripes. He might have also pulled the paint off with the tape. Warranty won't cover if someone else painted it. But the stirpes look pretty good.
KLR ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:58 PM   #18
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
hmm... would like to see some other pictures of the car.. carbon stripes sounds interesting.