Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Question Current Convertible Top Replacement Kit Part No

Hello,

Does anyone know what part # would be ordered if you went to a dealer TODAY (04/24/13) for the convertible top warranty replacement kit?

Does it include the mechanism or just the canvas/trim?

I'm looking for dealers to respond or members who just had the procedure performed.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
mines in right now.My dealer's service manager said it's a retrofit kit.He was not sure of all that is in the kit but he suspects canvas and some better brackets.He was certain that it is not the entire top assembly.
I am not sure of the part number as I am still waiting on my car.Also they had to order additional parts as the tech was not happy with the way the roof was sitting.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
walters477

Drives: white 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
Hello,

Does anyone know what part # would be ordered if you went to a dealer TODAY (04/24/13) for the convertible top warranty replacement kit?

Does it include the mechanism or just the canvas/trim?

I'm looking for dealers to respond or members who just had the procedure performed.

Thanks in advance!
My 2012 is in also for a fifth bow replacement, they replaced the fifth bow and it bent right away so took it back and asked to get a whole new top.The service rep talked to gm and was told no difference between 12 model top and a 13 model year, only the water bag was changed.
walters477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by walters477 View Post
The service rep talked to gm and was told no difference between 12 model top and a 13 model year, only the water bag was changed.
Lol, no, not laughing at you, I'm laughing at GM and their dealers.

Unless you or your service rep misunderstood something, GM's line was that the 2012 and the 2013'a WERE different. That was their reasoning for having a problem with doing a full replacement on my 2012 top. Their "claim" was that you couldn't retrofit the 2013 tops AND MECHANISM onto the 2012's. Their "claim" was that the only way to get the 2012 mechanism now, was to order in parts (scout's honor. I even questioned them about the validity of such a statement).

As for the other info, I believe that PN 22972088 is still the latest and greatest (out last year of June?). I "hear" that there is another one coming out this spring, but currently just hearsay right now.

if you want to read up on the latest one, here is a thread (post #58 I give you some specifics on it with some pics); http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236480
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #5
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulllett View Post

As for the other info, I believe that PN 22972088 is still the latest and greatest (out last year of June?).

I "hear" that there is another one coming out this spring, but currently just hearsay right now.
Bulllett,

Yes I was told by the regional GM service manager (through the dealer) that if I could, I should wait until April as the better/new/final fix would be available. That was last October.

Now that April is here the story is changing and I'm told to just use the "current" kit .

Changing the story after I have been waiting these 6 months is very frustrating for me and my dealer service writer.

How hard is it to say "things changed" or "there has been a delay"?

Part of me thinks it has to do with the fact the '14 verts have not been shown yet.