Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 11-23-2013, 04:28 AM   #155
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
So, this is nearing completion...had to sand and respray since it fell off the fridge and chipped a corner. Tomorrow I'll blacken the icons and start matte spray. Also got ANOTHER headlight in, and opened it up. Gonna bake that again and hopefully loosen the plastic clip holding the reflector so I don't snap the adjuster screw like I did with the second light...and then there's a charity show on Sunday

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:34 AM   #156
OzzySS

ok, i've fallen off the wagon again...work's been hectic, and i'm trying to do things to prepare for PCSing to JAX. Also, a piece in the cavalier's steering column broke, so i've been trying to hunt down a column so i don't have to buy a mess of special tools to fix it. sometimes living in paradise really has some drawbacks - finally found a column on ebay, ironically only a few hours away from where i'll be on leave during my transfer.
so, i'm expecting a steering column for the cavalier, just got an email saying that my OEM headlight for the camaro just shipped (been waiting on that one for a while, after giving up on the aftermarket ones - still got the "lazy eye" halo), and i've got an hptuners coming as well that i can play with on both cars.
also took the camaro to the dealer on monday so they can look at the paint on my inner panel, under the deck lid. i've got about a one inch square that looks like it flaked off, and now there's what looks like a chip on the inside upper edge. so the service writer took a pic and is asking GM about it, and i had him look up WTF the deal is with my replacement wheel...y'know, the one that was damaged during shipping, before i ever took delivery...that i talk about in my first post in this thread...it's been over a year and i still get no answer whenever i ask on the phone. again, the price of living in paradise is this is a common problem...they did at least have a repair order for the wheel from 26dec2012 in the system.
anyway, i'll have to get some more pics going...my fuse box cover came out pretty good. just need to clean up the edges a little bit.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:10 PM   #157
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
Looking good! thx for the pics and updates
Old 02-04-2014, 11:20 AM   #158
OzzySS

Finally got that oem light in and apart. Waiting for the caulk to cure now since yesterday evening. Hopefully I got the halos aligned to match the driver side! Should be able to get it reinstalled sometime today...
Also got my hptuner last night, looking forward to messing around with that on both cars

Old 02-04-2014, 12:11 PM   #159
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
So when is the PCS happening?
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:56 AM   #160
OzzySS

I should be leaving Hawaii the last week of April...working on figuring out what date I need to ship the camaro so it'll be waiting for me in stl so I can drive down to Fest

Old 02-05-2014, 09:16 AM   #161
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
I should be leaving Hawaii the last week of April...working on figuring out what date I need to ship the camaro so it'll be waiting for me in stl so I can drive down to Fest
Old 02-06-2014, 12:47 AM   #162
OzzySS

so, Pasha Hawaii says i should turn the car over to them for their March 25th departure, which would put it in San Diego on April 1 and allow 2-3 weeks for trucking to STL.
but it guarantees i'll be without my baby for a month *cry* lol...
oh - real news - got the headlight in yesterday. looks MUCH better, and i even got the halos matching the driver side. pretty good for trying to match from my phone's background pic. a quick flash of the lights across the street from the carport, and it looks like the actual light is pretty well aligned too. so, i'm happy with that.
i've been hitting the hptuners forums, doing a lot of reading. hopefully i'll start datalogging at least one of the cars this weekend, but i think i might be busy with the cavalier's steering column if i receive it. so much stuff to do with the cars lately...i'd complain, but really i'm kinda enjoying it

Old 02-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #163
OzzySS

put this on, and put the new cargo net in the back to hold my microfibers and sprays...little things help

also started talking with Matt at FSP about a cam package and possibly a TT kit further down the road...

Old 02-14-2014, 04:41 PM   #164
OzzySS

finally heard back from the dealer, GM is going to warranty my paint problem around my rear quarter in the trunk. so i'm dropping it off on the 24th for that. which means i'm going to get my steering column right before that and have to wait on the camaro to get done before i can install the column in the cavalier...of course.

Old 02-16-2014, 05:20 AM   #165
OzzySS

tuned the car today...tuned out the 1-4 shift and the CEL for the headers...did i mention i sold the trinity and got HPtuners instead? had to flash back to stock and unmarry the trinity for the sale. so, if i didn't mention it, i did that recently, and have been trying to learn HPT now instead. fortunately i have a good friend here on island who has a lot more experience with tuning, and doesn't mind helping me out when we have time.
probably gonna meet up with him tomorrow and install my wideband sensor/afr gauge/pillar pod, and get a crash course in MAF and WOT tuning.
FINALLY got the steering column for the cavalier, i have a week to get it installed around work before the camaro goes in for paint.
also still looking at the fest threads a lot
got my helmet ordered online, and sent to my parents since there's no shipping to HI...got the hotel reserved...joined up with another camaro club back home and might caravan down with them...feel like i'm forgetting something...damn whiskey...

Old 02-17-2014, 12:38 AM   #166
OzzySS

installed my AEM wideband sensor & gauge today...

wish i could've taken my pics from under the car, but i didn't have it on a lift this time, so conditions were pretty tight. my understanding for installing the sensor was that you'd want it on the driver side behind the cat, so that was where i was trying to put it, but the sensor literally could not catch a thread in that position. fortunately, or likely it was planned, the passenger side had a bung hole (heheh) that was just blank and plugged after header install. the sensor had no issue going in there.
then came the fun with A pillar. the stock one was a real B**** to get off, and then i wound up having to remount the new pillar pod 2 more times. first time because i forgot to run one of the wires to the gauge, and second time because i installed the pillar behind a little plastic guide on the edge of the dash instead of over it. but, all is good in the end now, and now i can connect the sensor to HP tuners and find all the horseys that are still locked up...this thing is running riiiiiiiich...

Old 02-17-2014, 01:23 AM   #167
tramtwo

you're making me nervous... measure twice cut once
Old 02-17-2014, 01:38 AM   #168
OzzySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
you're making me nervous... measure twice cut once
lol...couldn't have predicted the issue with the sensor...the pillar mulligans were my own fault, i admit. but it took me 20 minutes to get the stocker out. my friend who was walking me through the process initially estimated a 1.5hr install...we were way over and i was getting tired, sweaty and impatient in the muggy weather today...so i was starting to lose my cool with the project.

but, it's installed and looks good. tomorrow we're gonna tune and then go bowling

Tags
1le, 2013, npp, ozzyss, rally yellow