Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Europe

Old 06-23-2010, 02:45 PM   #57
BeeBoy

Drives: 2LT/RS Bee
Not others, but you. Everything was jolly until you came along. I joined this forum out of pure enjoinment and love for the car that I have been waiting to get for more then six months and am getting to know Camaro owners in my current region. There is always google translate if you want to make sure that everything is proper. I don't like this negativity any more than you so let's just be grown men and let it go. By the way, I am a dual citizen and spend most of my life in the States (including 8 years in the NAVY), so there is no your country my country here. Work has brought me overseas, but I still manage to support the troubling US automotive industry by buying domestic engineering marvels;-)
Maybe we have gotten off at a wrong foot, I see you have been here for a while, did you help create this great site?
BeeBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:06 PM   #58
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBoy View Post
Not others, but you. Everything was jolly until you came along. I joined this forum out of pure enjoinment and love for the car that I have been waiting to get for more then six months and am getting to know Camaro owners in my current region. There is always google translate if you want to make sure that everything is proper. I don't like this negativity any more than you so let's just be grown men and let it go. By the way, I am a dual citizen and spend most of my life in the States (including 8 years in the NAVY), so there is no your country my country here. Work has brought me overseas, but I still manage to support the troubling US automotive industry by buying domestic engineering marvels;-)
Maybe we have gotten off at a wrong foot, I see you have been here for a while, did you help create this great site?
Thank you for your service Were you US born? It actually really doesn't matter. My interest, among I believe most of us here, is that we support Camaro. I'm suprised it's actually made it over there! I think it's great! Congrats' on your purchase - I hope it exceeds your expectations

No - I actually came across this site several months after it was created, then I kinda' lost it, and eventually found my way back, fortunately. There are lots of great people here and I hope it can grow internationally even more.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #59
BeeBoy

I was not bourn in the States but lived there since very little, three years ago I moved to Russia due to a job offer, so now I am putting to good use all I learned in the US here, it is a blessing to relate to both cold war superpowers;-)
About the Camaro, as I understand there aren't that many of them here due to a humungous import tax. It's pretty much the price of the car, sometimes more depending on the engine. So talk about exclusivity, I can't talk for Zaraka here (he is in Moscow), but where I am in Saint Petersburg my will be the first one! (knock on wood).
It's funny I looked at the sales numbers by states and Texas(where Iam from) is by far the winner.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #60
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
I was not bourn in the States but lived there since very little, three years ago I moved to Russia due to a job offer, so now I am putting to good use all I learned in the US here, it is a blessing to relate to both cold war superpowers;-)
About the Camaro, as I understand there aren't that many of them here due to a humungous import tax. It's pretty much the price of the car, sometimes more depending on the engine. So talk about exclusivity, I can't talk for Zaraka here (he is in Moscow), but where I am in Saint Petersburg my will be the first one! (knock on wood).
It's funny I looked at the sales numbers by states and Texas(where Iam from) is by far the winner.
That's a pretty cool story - certainly moreso than mine, lol. Are the differences between here and there as much as we're to believe?

WOW! That's quite a shame it costs so much! Are you planning on driving yours a lot? Do you have Chevrolet dealers there? I suppose so; that was a dumb question. I think I'm trying to find a way to ask why the tax is so high? Is it the car, or because of the car company?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 06-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #61
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Alright great back and fourth, how do you get 7000+ posts anyway, you simply have to have nothing else to do but
He acquired his posts after years of hard work on this site. As for me, on the other hand, I have no excuse

I love the fact that we have a great worldwide showing here. Nice to meet ya I just wish you guys could get the camaro at a more reasonable price. I'm sure it's waay too high.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #62
BeeBoy

The government is regulating the taxes, they are trying to boost domestic auto industry by taxing the hell out of imports. But if you would have looked at the domestic cars OMG it is beyond awful I would rather have a horse. If you want to bring the car that is less then tree years old you will have to pay for a cubic centimeter. So the bigger the engine the more you pay, and it like crazy. In this case you pay 5.5 euros (about 7.5 dollars) for a cubic cm which you multiply by 3600 and there you go 27000 dollars, and for the SS it would be around 46000 g's. Haw about that! Man it hurts my just by looking at all these zeros, and remember that is not including freight, paperwork fees, etc. Three year old car would be cheaper(about 4.5 dollars per cm3), so most of imports are used. Man don't even get me started, and yearly auto taxes people pay by the HP, the heights bracket is the car that is over 250HP. So if you want to bring in a small engine turbo charged 250HP+ car it would cost you little at the customs but you would pay a tons every year. So you pay anyway.
About the Chevy dealership, it's here, but there is nothing interesting. No Vets, no Camaros. Which brings us to the next point which guys and I have been discussing here , spare parts. Some will go from the Cadillac CTS 3.6 and the rest I have not yet figured out.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:20 PM   #63
BeeBoy

Wow 13000 posts dude that is a lot! Nice work;-) I know it is insane about the taxes, if they want to boos domestic auto sales they'll need to restructure the entire auto industry and stop making crap! But i am afraid that will never happen, they still sell the same models that have been rolling off the line in the 80's I mean body and everything. Take a look at this segment from my favorite show top gear about has communism ever produced a good car it is hilarious:

So I see you're in India, how is it there with importing and American Muscle?
Old 06-23-2010, 04:37 PM   #64
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
He acquired his posts after years of hard work on this site. As for me, on the other hand, I have no excuse

I love the fact that we have a great worldwide showing here. Nice to meet ya I just wish you guys could get the camaro at a more reasonable price. I'm sure it's waay too high.
I don't know about the hard work thing...

Quote:
The government is regulating the taxes, they are trying to boost domestic auto industry by taxing the hell out of imports. But if you would have looked at the domestic cars OMG it is beyond awful I would rather have a horse. If you want to bring the car that is less then tree years old you will have to pay for a cubic centimeter. So the bigger the engine the more you pay, and it like crazy. In this case you pay 5.5 euros (about 7.5 dollars) for a cubic cm which you multiply by 3600 and there you go 27000 dollars, and for the SS it would be around 46000 g's. Haw about that! Man it hurts my just by looking at all these zeros, and remember that is not including freight, paperwork fees, etc. Three year old car would be cheaper(about 4.5 dollars per cm3), so most of imports are used. Man don't even get me started, and yearly auto taxes people pay by the HP, the heights bracket is the car that is over 250HP. So if you want to bring in a small engine turbo charged 250HP+ car it would cost you little at the customs but you would pay a tons every year. So you pay anyway.
About the Chevy dealership, it's here, but there is nothing interesting. No Vets, no Camaros. Which brings us to the next point which guys and I have been discussing here , spare parts. Some will go from the Cadillac CTS 3.6 and the rest I have not yet figured out.
WOW!!! That really stinks. I guess all you can do is plug away

Quote:
Wow 13000 posts dude that is a lot! Nice work;-) I know it is insane about the taxes, if they want to boos domestic auto sales they'll need to restructure the entire auto industry and stop making crap! But i am afraid that will never happen, they still sell the same models that have been rolling off the line in the 80's I mean body and everything. Take a look at this segment from my favorite show top gear about has communism ever produced a good car it is hilarious:

So I see you're in India, how is it there with importing and American Muscle?
That's my favorite show, LOL. That was a good bit they did, LOL. I love the aluminum brakes... And the sheetmetal that was hammer-resistant, LOL!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 06-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #65
BeeBoy

That whole show is amazing, I watched all their episodes many times. They don't sugar coat and say what is on their mind. Now quite often they are not very nice to the US cars, but usually they have a point. I love how politically incorrect they are and always pushing environmentalists buttons;-) Like this one with Prius vs BMW M3:

Jeremy makes a great point;-)
Old 06-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #66
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
That whole show is amazing, I watched all their episodes many times. They don't sugar coat and say what is on their mind. Now quite often they are not very nice to the US cars, but usually they have a point. I love how politically incorrect they are and always pushing environmentalists buttons;-) Like this one with Prius vs BMW M3:

Jeremy makes a great point;-)

I use that bit everytime someone tries to get me into a hybrid car discussion. Good call.

I still haven't used the translator, so I don't know how far off topic we've gone, LOL!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 06-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #67
BeeBoy

Way far;-) But that's what it's all about;-) It's all car talk. By the way I've been asking people here and could use your opinion, what about the paint situation, how is your car doing, and is there anything that could be done to prevent from chipping away. Like clear bra or something. Thanks.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:05 PM   #68
radz28
Petro-sexual

DOAH! LOL. I don't have one yet, however, the clear bra is a good idea. There are also some good regular front end bras out there; trouble is, you shouldn't use them in bad weather. I think I'd go with the clear bra if the money is there. That's really about all you can do :(

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 06-23-2010, 05:11 PM   #69
BeeBoy

Thanks for the advise, I saw some clear bras on ebay, probably a good idea to invest in one. If the paint is as bas as they say I am worried about these harsh winters and all the salt on the ground.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:47 AM   #70
BeeBoy

Zdorova Zaraka, vse verno. Popalsya tut agressivniy takoi, Voobshem s nim razobralis po horoshemu.
U tebya mashina ze s Maya da? Kak voobshe vpechetlenie, i obkatka chto znachit. Prosto gazovats kakoite vremya nelzya? A eshe voprosik skolko ti v Moskve Camaros videl? Tam ze narod bistriy srazu berut chto hotat;-) V Pitire poka slava bogu netu. I eshe slishal li chto bi Camaro prodavals sdes ofetsialno cherez dilera? Ya chto to chital no mne kazetsa etogo nebudit, slishkom nepraktichno. Kakuiu nishu oni bi zanali, ona budet stoits v raiene BMW 3 i Cadilaca CTS, nu mazet chuts po dishevle. kakoie mnenie?