Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #253
caperss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS red white stripe
I got rid of the popping noise

After installing the front sway bar it ripped off the frame after hitting a bump. It ripped the front stud on the swaybar cap right out of the frame. I ground it flat and welded a new stud in and put it all back together and guess what. NO POPPING noise from the front end. That stud must have been loose from day one and the sway bar was bouncing up and down just enough to hear it through the subframe. The car is now dead quiet on uneven roads and it feels so much tighter now. Everyone with this noise check the swaybar studs for being loose in the frame. I could not believe this happened to a new car but that noise has been with me since day one and now I am sop happy to have it gone. Check it out people and let me know if anyone else has this problem.
caperss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #254
jtcamaro

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS2 RS
I heard back from the GM Executive office today about my case and this frustrating issue. They spoke with the feild engineer who looked into my case and their "official" response after 3 weeks is that "they cannot do anything about the clunking noise at this time. Until they find out the "exact" fix for the issue they will not authorize any repairs that may effect the car negatively in the long run". I was told that if I get the car repaired by a non GM repair shop, it may void the warranty. This is not an acceptable response. GM actually had the nerve to give me a FREE 2 year maintenance plan thinking this was going to make me happy and keep quiet about this. I plan on taking this to the next level and notifying the TV networks and also the car mags like Motor Trend and Consumer reports. What I recommend once again is for everyone to open a case with the GM Technical Assistance Center and then call the GM Executive center at 313-667-7153 with that case number. Once you open a case GM will have it on file and will notify us when there is a fix. Also, if there are a lot of complaints, they will have to start treating this issue as a critical issue and not just a one off complaint. Again, this is unacceptable and there is no reason why GM, a company that all of us bailed out, should not take this seriously and fix this issue once and for all. This has been going on now since the day they released the 2010 Camaro!!!
jtcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #255
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by caperss View Post
After installing the front sway bar it ripped off the frame after hitting a bump. It ripped the front stud on the swaybar cap right out of the frame. I ground it flat and welded a new stud in and put it all back together and guess what. NO POPPING noise from the front end. That stud must have been loose from day one and the sway bar was bouncing up and down just enough to hear it through the subframe. The car is now dead quiet on uneven roads and it feels so much tighter now. Everyone with this noise check the swaybar studs for being loose in the frame. I could not believe this happened to a new car but that noise has been with me since day one and now I am sop happy to have it gone. Check it out people and let me know if anyone else has this problem.

If my car was not stored for winter, I'd already be under there... Can someone else check / try caperss fix .... How cool would that be if it was so simple
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:56 PM   #256
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Quick pics of the area to be checked?
Old 12-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #257
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcamaro View Post
I heard back from the GM Executive office today about my case and this frustrating issue. They spoke with the feild engineer who looked into my case and their "official" response after 3 weeks is that "they cannot do anything about the clunking noise at this time. Until they find out the "exact" fix for the issue they will not authorize any repairs that may effect the car negatively in the long run". I was told that if I get the car repaired by a non GM repair shop, it may void the warranty. This is not an acceptable response. GM actually had the nerve to give me a FREE 2 year maintenance plan thinking this was going to make me happy and keep quiet about this. I plan on taking this to the next level and notifying the TV networks and also the car mags like Motor Trend and Consumer reports. What I recommend once again is for everyone to open a case with the GM Technical Assistance Center and then call the GM Executive center at 313-667-7153 with that case number. Once you open a case GM will have it on file and will notify us when there is a fix. Also, if there are a lot of complaints, they will have to start treating this issue as a critical issue and not just a one off complaint. Again, this is unacceptable and there is no reason why GM, a company that all of us bailed out, should not take this seriously and fix this issue once and for all. This has been going on now since the day they released the 2010 Camaro!!!
Took them a year and a half to come out with a bulletin for the simple rear spoiler rubber washers. Maybe since that monumental engineering accomplishment is behind them, they can start working on a front suspension clunk fix. ETA on that bulletin - couple more years.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #258
jtcamaro

Sad but true. It is a shame that not much has changed even after we gave GM a second chance to get their act together. They need to fix the dealer relationship as well. It just seems like no one from GM really gives a damn about the quality of the products they produce or even worse, customer concerns. A lot still broken with GM, not only with their cars.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:17 PM   #259
Lasean

Drives: 2010 Black V6 RS
So Frustrated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcamaro View Post
Sad but true. It is a shame that not much has changed even after we gave GM a second chance to get their act together. They need to fix the dealer relationship as well. It just seems like no one from GM really gives a damn about the quality of the products they produce or even worse, customer concerns. A lot still broken with GM, not only with their cars.
JTCamaro...do you have the number to file the complaint with the GM Technical Assistance Center? I just got the call to say the rattling noise is normal...they can't find anything wrong. I am soooo frustrated!!!! Thanks.
Lasean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #260
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
The saddest part about this entire noise issue is that I purposely bought my 5th Gen Camaro instead of an '06 GTO because I didn't want to deal with the suspension headaches that the GTO's design had. Go figure...

Maybe the solution is the same with this stock suspension as it was with the GTO...call Pedders?
Old 12-15-2010, 05:37 PM   #261
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
I asked the Pedders guys awhile back and they said they hadn't seen or heard this problem. :(

I applaud you guys keeping this thread alive and working every angle for a solution as this is the ONE and ONLY reason I am holding off on buying a 5th Gen.

-Funk
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:08 AM   #262
jtcamaro

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center: 1-800-222-1020
GM Executive Center Detroit: 313-667-7153

Everyone with this issue should call and open a case AND then call the Executive Center to let them know this is a real issue.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #263
dukefanok

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Black on Black
Took mine to the dealership today, they came back with "GM says this is a normal noise" Guess I will be calling to open a case and call the exec center as well. I have drove nothing but GM vehicles my entire life, I had a bad experience with them before on a Denali, and it appears this is going to be about the same. Really not doing much to bolster my confidence level.
dukefanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:57 PM   #264
ZAP 1401

Drives: 2SS/RS/Blk-Blk/L99,
I called 12-13-10 to open a case.
ZAP 1401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:47 AM   #265
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Mine does this too. Turning the radio up seems to help....
Old 12-18-2010, 07:15 AM   #266
jtcamaro

After several follow up emails and calls to the person I have been dealing with in Detroit, they promised that they now passed all of the information along to the person that heads up the suspension team at GM. She validated that he received all of my emails, this forum link and the GM bulletin that was posted in this forum as well. They are going to try and duplicate the issue and try to come up with a resolution ASAP. They promised to get back to me no later than Friday, possibly sooner if they have an update.

All we can do is wait and see what happens.