Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-08-2017, 01:20 PM   #1
BigPopa71

Drives: Dark Knight
Service Stabilitrak message (but different others) only during when starting car.

A few weeks ago my Stabilatrak lights came on after I started the car after a stop at the rest area. I drove the car to a gas station and filled up and the light was went off. Every time it happens the car turns over slow like its not going to start and when all the other dash lights go off the Stabilitrak lights stay on and the service stabilitrak message. It did it again several hundred miles later again upon start up and yesterday the same thing 1000 miles later. The light goes off after I turn the car off and let it car sit for 5 minutes and it drives like normal. The CEL does not come on and the car runs fine after I let it set and the light goes off. If I drive while the light is on the tach does not move and it rides rough. Has anyone had this problem
BigPopa71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:42 PM   #2
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Check your battery.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:56 PM   #3
BigPopa71

Thanks. Battery is brand new. Im thinking its the starter after finding a thread with similar issues
Old 06-08-2017, 02:27 PM   #4
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Yes you have a new battery, but how often and how far do you drive? Also, when you replaced the battery, were you having problems with the charging system?

Your symptoms are classic low voltage symptoms.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:55 PM   #5
BigPopa71

I purchased the new battery 2 weeks ago. The problem happened the 1st time during a 520 mile drive to South Carolina after driving 450 miles into the trip. It happened about 5 days later after a 15 mile drive to the store. I had the battery changed even though it was still registering as good and was charging back up to 89%. The problem didnt happen again until yesterday after I drove to Philadelphia 120 miles. When I got there I parked for 5 minutes and when i attempted to start the car 5 minutes later it started slow and the stabilitrak warning came up and the traction control lights came on. I cut it off and went into my daughters graduation and when I came out it started fine and has been ok ever since.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:03 PM   #6
BigPopa71

My car is doing the exact same things as this guys car in Scenario 2

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470710