Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-23-2009, 07:42 PM   #337
jschuler
WildCat

Drives: 2LT Imperial blue/biege
I also questioned the 'clashing' that could occur between the gray interior features and the beige leather/door/dash inserts. It took me a little while but after sitting in a car with these features i decided that the beige would open up the interior of the car (less claustrophobic, more space for those who care), breaks up the dash board, and it wouldn't make a huge difference in the dark. I personally thought it looked classier than the gray, which matches but isn't very interesting to me....i'm getting the IBM with the beige interior...
jschuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:55 PM   #338
kingsnorky

Drives: Future 2010 2SS/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschuler View Post
I also questioned the 'clashing' that could occur between the gray interior features and the beige leather/door/dash inserts. It took me a little while but after sitting in a car with these features i decided that the beige would open up the interior of the car (less claustrophobic, more space for those who care), breaks up the dash board, and it wouldn't make a huge difference in the dark. I personally thought it looked classier than the gray, which matches but isn't very interesting to me....i'm getting the IBM with the beige interior...
I agree. Since I added the SIM rally stripes I wondered if there might be some clashing in the colors but there are pictures in this thread that show a beige interior with silver elements in the dash and I thought it worked pretty well. I wanted the beige because I wanted to break up the sea of black inside. I also liked the two-tone interiors that I've seen in many MINI Coopers and that was a big influence, too.
kingsnorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:21 PM   #339
BobTX09

Drives: Future camaro LT2/RS
Just ordered my IBM 2LT/RS!!!! I've never seen the color in person but blue is my favorite color and from what everybody says and the pics it look great! Plus it's the first one ever ordered at the dealership. Plus I got black stripes too. Saw some pics of that combo and it looks so sleek.

I can't wait!
BobTX09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:14 AM   #340
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
BobTX09- the color IS great! You're going to love looking at it in the Texas sun for sure :-)
LadyinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:07 AM   #341
stretch98

Drives: 2500HD pickup
What exactly are the "gray interior features"?
stretch98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:20 AM   #342
sharbaugh
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: IMB RS SS MANUAL LOADED
There is not a photo that does the color of this car justice. IT IS HOT HOT HOT
Attached Images

sharbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:11 PM   #343
91RS

Drives: 1991 RS
Ok Ive had my heart set on ABM, but the more I see pics of IBM in the sun Im loving it even more. Im afraid of ABM looking tacky, but IBM jusdt looks classy and mean all around. My only concern is that itll look black at night. One question: will IBM turn a lighter shade over a period of years in the sun?
91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:06 PM   #344
MEY

Drives: 2004 Avalanche Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91RS View Post
Ok Ive had my heart set on ABM, but the more I see pics of IBM in the sun Im loving it even more. Im afraid of ABM looking tacky, but IBM jusdt looks classy and mean all around. My only concern is that itll look black at night. One question: will IBM turn a lighter shade over a period of years in the sun?
It does look DARK at night, but when lights hit it it glows beautifully. I just got my IBM last week and you would not believe the attention it gets. I have had several tell me it is the most beautiful car they have ever seen.
MEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:30 PM   #345
jcamere94z28

Drives: None
at night it does look almost black.... but with a subtle hint of blue... at day it's just a beautiful blue.

check out the link in my sig to see some nighttime photos of my car.
jcamere94z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:32 PM   #346
CG'sSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS and 1985 L98 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91RS View Post
Looking black was one of the reasons I got this color. 2 for 1
Before they made the decision of making IBM on SS I had opted out for black and I have alway liked that IBM looks like Midnight Blue. So if you ask me I dont mind it one bit for my IBM to look black at night and then sparkle up in the day.
1985 Corvette
CG'sSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:36 PM   #347
chicagojoe16

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG'sSS View Post
Looking black was one of the reasons I got this color. 2 for 1
Before they made the decision of making IBM on SS I had opted out for black and I have alway liked that IBM looks like Midnight Blue. So if you ask me I dont mind it one bit for my IBM to look black at night and then sparkle up in the day.
Agreed, it's the only color that can pull off different colors in different lighting.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #348
jcamere94z28

Drives: None
i think it's like having 2 Camaro's... blue at day... black at night.

actually.. there you go.... my avatar photo is at day... my sig photo is at night.
jcamere94z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:19 AM   #349
Elvisuperman
TCB

Drives: 2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT
Here are some more...
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2009, 11:19 AM   #350
kingsnorky

Drives: Future 2010 2SS/RS IBM
Damn! Those pictures look good.

Jeez, waiting to take delivery is going to be hell!
kingsnorky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ibm camaro, imperial blue, imperial blue camaro, imperial blue metallic, imperial blue metallic camaro, the best color ever