Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-09-2007, 08:14 PM   #15
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
Word.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:37 PM   #16
afterdigital

Drives: CTS 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
I hope that applies to the exterior only. I am still hoping the interior gets a serious renovation. If the interior does not get any major modifications I will have to think twice about it....
hmmm.... can u say car-hacking? i'm not particularly thrilled bout the interior myself but am certainly looking forward to modifying it somewhat to my likings..... muhahahahahahaha!!!!!

..:::CTS-05, Blue-Chip, 3.6VVT, Brushed-Aluminum Moldings, One MIC (Mobile Information Center), Mesh Grill...

..:::Camaro 2008/09 - I'll take mine in black w/Metallic Stripes down the middle

..:::Finished Project

..:::Blog of my project

..:::CTS Car hacking v1.8 Video
afterdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:08 PM   #17
Just a Skidmark
original senior member

Drives: 1993 s10 tahoe 4.3L v6 tbi
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrokid View Post
I'm still hoping the 2009 production Camaro will look closer to the original 69 Camaro,like Chrysler did with the Challenger.
The Concept version is still a nice looking design,but i still see alot of "far-out' ideas incorporated in the concept version.

Ya, dude, you realize chrysler had under a year to design the challenger, that's why it looks so much like the old challenger, from what I've seen, chrysler was being lazy
Just a Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:21 PM   #18
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
dragon, casull, skidmark...I agree, if I wanted a 1970 challenger, Id buy a 1970 challenger. mopar, and ford have always disappointed me, if they were'nt american Id make fun of em too. the new camaro is just that new, but pays homage to the heritage of camaro. which is why she's so sexy. cant wait to see the custom work people do to it!

oh yeah, Skidmark welcome to the boards!
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:38 PM   #19
Just a Skidmark
original senior member

Why thank you very much
Old 08-16-2007, 04:05 PM   #20
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Don't know about anyone else, but to me the more I look at the Challenger the more it looks . . tired. And it hasn't even shown up at the dealers yet.
The 09 Camaro on the other hand I thinks done the original proud.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:46 PM   #21
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
^I agree 100%, I like the Dodge but it's too retro like the Mustang. The concept Mustang looked ALOT better than what actually came out, while with some aftermarket kits it looks very tough.

Quote:
I'm still hoping the 2009 production Camaro will look closer to the original 69 Camaro,like Chrysler did with the Challenger.
The Concept version is still a nice looking design,but i still see alot of "far-out' ideas incorporated in the concept version.

Let's take the "rear end" of the car for example...looks like a Corvette to me ,along with that,I can't help but to mention that "Grille section",which in my opion needs to be enlarged to compensate for that huge lookin front bumper.

So far,The Challenger is where my money is gonna be spent,untill GM makes some major modifications,and brings the new camaro in line with what Chrysler has done with the Challenger in it's likeness of the original,The Camaro will be a afterthought in my mind

I don't mean to be opinioated here,but i am just expressing my discontent with what i have seen so far,and seriously hope that changes will be made to the Concept Camaro,cause as i see it right now,...it's just not good enough for me.
Friend, I must respectfully disagree...I'm SUPER HAPPY that GM designed the new Camaro as a "MODERN" interpretation of the original instead of a copy of it which leads us all to wonder...

...after 5 years or so of going super retro, what's next?
Old 08-16-2007, 10:01 PM   #22
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I have often wondered that...But I always come to the conclusion that I don't care, I'm buying this model, HA!

I know that Chrysler was going for the super-retro look. Don't know why...but they did

If I had to rate the three on a scale of 1- 10; 10 being the most retro,

Mustang = 6

Challenger = 9.5

Camaro = 2

I'm glad they're keeping it looking just like the concept, I wouldn't have it any other way, the Camaro series needed a New model, not a bad clone of the original, or a good clone of the original for that matter. And GM delivered.

Of everything in the cockpit, the ONLY thing I would change, would be the Radio/HVAC controls. Everything else can stay. I'm especially partial to the dual gauges, the gauge cluster, the seats, and the Shift-gate. I love it!
Old 08-16-2007, 10:29 PM   #23
Luis_is_cold
The Prodigy

Drives: none ... yet :(
Send a message via AIM to Luis_is_cold
21,000 for a v6?? very nice , if that price holds up we should be getting a good deal on the v8's as well.
Luis_is_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:31 PM   #24
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_is_cold View Post
21,000 for a v6?? very nice , if that price holds up we should be getting a good deal on the v8's as well.
Hopefully!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:08 PM   #25
gurulu68

Drives: 68 camaro rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFord View Post
dragon, casull, skidmark...I agree, if I wanted a 1970 challenger, Id buy a 1970 challenger. mopar, and ford have always disappointed me, if they were'nt american Id make fun of em too. the new camaro is just that new, but pays homage to the heritage of camaro. which is why she's so sexy. cant wait to see the custom work people do to it!

oh yeah, Skidmark welcome to the boards!
Nothin for nothin but If chevy weren't comin out with the camaro the way it looks I'd be getting a challenger cause it looks badass even without any ground fx and spoilers, the mustang only looks good when its all decked out. Now the Camaro looks awsome, but it does look better with the gfx look, like this...
Old 08-17-2007, 10:41 PM   #26
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
^wow, the car aint even out and I'm seeing digi's that make it look tastefully personal and HOT LOOKING! When we thought it couldn't look better....

The spoilers for this car will make every Camaro unique, well...IF they build those kits that is.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:07 AM   #27
Just a Skidmark
original senior member

I like it, but less then the stock version
Old 08-18-2007, 10:37 AM   #28
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
The Challenger was designed with trace paper . . .lol

As for the exterior of the Camaro, one thing I would like to see is a blade-type spoiler, like the old camaros had, as opposed to an airfoil type that you see on every other car today.
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote