Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #29
kook

Drives: 2010 2SS Yellow
Silvericeman, Yes I am getting LT's and he just called me tonight to see if I wanted to add a roto-fab. I'm mixed on the roto-fab because I thought the edelbrock came with an upgraded cai, is this not true? I'm not nervous because I have total confidence in what they do. What do you think about the roto-fab?
kook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:25 PM   #30
kook

Darth Emma, Your car looks very cool with the black rims and lowered stance. What kind of CAI do you have? I am getting stainless works LT's, E-Force sc, L99-LS3 conversion but keeping stock cam. Yeah I want the cam to but have to draw the line somewhere. I am now debating the roto-fab as to weather or not it's worth the money.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #31
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by kook View Post
Darth Emma, Your car looks very cool with the black rims and lowered stance. What kind of CAI do you have? I am getting stainless works LT's, E-Force sc, L99-LS3 conversion but keeping stock cam. Yeah I want the cam to but have to draw the line somewhere. I am now debating the roto-fab as to weather or not it's worth the money.
I have the Cold Air Inductions intake. I love it. Makes the car quicker and makes a very satisfying growl at throttle (even before I put the headers in).
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:43 PM   #32
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Hey Kook, I am bringing my car up to CincySpeed Saturday to drop it off for a new upgrade myself. I hope to see you there and check your car out. Sounds like your making good decisions. I wish my car would have been done so I could do the dyno day but I just removed my TVS2300 and complete exhaust system and intake for the new items to be installed and tuned.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:47 PM   #33
kook

Nice, Good luck. Craig is a really good guy and knows his HP. Do you think it would be worth it for me to add the rot-fab as well? Stillen is claiming 23 RWHP over stock e-force.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:00 PM   #34
jrpxxii

I would like to know what type of intake and what type of filter it is that comes with the kit. I can say from actual dyno runs, when I had my TVS2300 and tried 3 different CAI on it, I definitely saw differences in all 3 and made a huge difference over the stock setup and air flow is crucial when you start modding. I have talked to Craig alot latley and his shop seems like they really know their stuff. My car is going to one of only a few in the country if not world, shooting for the 1200-1300 rwhp numbers and having nitrous on top of that if I ever want it. I am really looking forward to working with CincySpeed and Saturday should be alot of fun.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:05 PM   #35
kook

The sc kit comes with just an upgraded pan filter for stock air box. I am thinking about doing away with it and using the roto-fab. Any thoughts?
Old 07-12-2010, 11:10 PM   #36
jrpxxii

100% scrap it. Go with Roto-Fab if that is what you like as it will help. For that matter, go with any aftermarket CAI that has R&D behind it. I personally went with the ADM Race Version and loved it and it performs. I just sold it due to the new build and not needing it anymore. I will say, don't even question using the E-Force filter with the stock box and tube, your engine will thank you.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:07 AM   #37
Busy_Boi
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: RJT 2010 camaro 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Busy_Boi
Quote:
Nice, Good luck. Craig is a really good guy and knows his HP. Do you think it would be worth it for me to add the rot-fab as well? Stillen is claiming 23 RWHP over stock e-force.
I have an L99 with the E-Force,roto fab and kooks LT an ported TB and a 3.5 pulley if anybody has not told you may have to upgrade your fuel pump on your car if you get any thing over 480 rwhp or more. I was making 497 rwhp and I am having fuel problems. I just drop my car off this morning to upgrade my fuel pump at Stillen. And yes it is true that you can get 20-23 more hp with the roto fab cai good luck on yours I think it possible. I will have new numbers this weekend and let you know how it goes.

Last edited by Busy_Boi; 07-13-2010 at 02:04 AM.
Busy_Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:15 AM   #38
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Silvericeman, Yes I am getting LT's and he just called me tonight to see if I wanted to add a roto-fab. I'm mixed on the roto-fab because I thought the edelbrock came with an upgraded cai, is this not true? I'm not nervous because I have total confidence in what they do. What do you think about the roto-fab?
If you are getting a custom tune, which I'm sure you are, DEFINITELY go with a new CAI. It will all add up the total HP. I will most likely get the Roto-Fab, but wait on the custom tune till I upgrade the exhaust system next year. So far I've seen Roto-Fabs and ADM intakes offered that are engineered for the E-Force. I'm sure some others will follow.

If you "view my garage" and click on the 2SS you'll see a picture of the E-Force's airbox. That reminds me, Edelbrock is supposedly going to offer their own CAI for the SC kit. But haven't seen much about it. Go with the Roto-Fab, you won't be disappointed, they look great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy_Boi View Post
I have an L99 with the E-Force,roto fab and kooks LT an ported TB and a 3.5 pulley if anybody has not told you may have to upgrade your fuel pump on your car if you get any thing over 480 rwhp or more. I was making 497 rwhp and I am having fuel problems. I just drop my car off this morning to upgrade my fuel pump at Stillen. And yes it is true that you can get 20-23 more hp with the roto fab cai good luck on yours I think it possible. I will have new numbers this weekend and let you know how it goes.
Good to know about the fuel pump. I'm at 465 rw with an LS3 and no problems yet. I assume the Roto-Fab's 20+ hp gains are after a new tune with it on. I'll have to throw one on and find out what it gets without a tune. Hmm, Dyno day on Saturday? Phase III Mods next year will include LT's, CAI, smaller pulley, fuel pump (?) and the best custom tune offered on Vine Street.

Last edited by SilverIceman; 07-13-2010 at 08:26 AM.
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #39
Busy_Boi
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: RJT 2010 camaro 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Busy_Boi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
If you are getting a custom tune, which I'm sure you are, DEFINITELY go with a new CAI. It will all add up the total HP. I will most likely get the Roto-Fab, but wait on the custom tune till I upgrade the exhaust system next year. So far I've seen Roto-Fabs and ADM intakes offered that are engineered for the E-Force. I'm sure some others will follow.

If you "view my garage" and click on the 2SS you'll see a picture of the E-Force's airbox. That reminds me, Edelbrock is supposedly going to offer their own CAI for the SC kit. But haven't seen much about it. Go with the Roto-Fab, you won't be disappointed, they look great.

Good to know about the fuel pump. I'm at 465 rw with an LS3 and no problems yet. I assume the Roto-Fab's 20+ hp gains are after a new tune with it on. I'll have to throw one on and find out what it gets without a tune. Hmm, Dyno day on Saturday? Phase III Mods next year will include LT's, CAI, smaller pulley, fuel pump (?) and the best custom tune offered on Vine Street.
The LS3 are different the fuel pump may have to be change around 550 rwhp when the L99 is around 480 rwhp that what I was told. I thought the fuel pumps was the same but not the same on the LS3 and L99.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:44 PM   #40
NHSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy_Boi View Post
The LS3 are different the fuel pump may have to be change around 550 rwhp when the L99 is around 480 rwhp that what I was told. I thought the fuel pumps was the same but not the same on the LS3 and L99.
My LS3 dyno'd at 470 hp with the stock Edelbrock tune, and fuel press was dropping after 6000 rpms. With a tune it made 507 hp with fuel press dropping to 38 psi above 5500 rpms. Looks like my fuel pump output is close to yours.
NHSS is offline   Reply With Quote