Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #113
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
glad you are still around....
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #114
chapmadl

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
DUDE!! Is the tree ok??? I'm just kidding man, that's horrible... Good that you're alright, the Camaro looks like a fatality. I guess the safety features do what they're supposed to, just sucks to find out this way... I'm guessing the car was covered right? Are you gonna go with black again?
I really love the black, but all colors look amazing on this car. If I get another one, I would go with either all black, cyber gray w/ black stripes, or rally yellow w/ black stripes.
chapmadl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #115
chapmadl

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperhoglady View Post
You had a Guardian Angel looking out for you. I wish you a speedy recovery(:
You may be right. Here is something else interesting that I heard from the accident. A friend of the family knows one of the EMT's, who told her that my father was at the accident. She told him that wasn't possible as my father passed away 4 years ago. He then told her that at the scene of the accident I kept saying "There's my Dad," "There's my Dad."

This was pretty crazy as the accident took place on Father's Day. I am a very rational person and have no memory of this. Maybe somebody there just looked like my father.....but it was a crazy feeling when I was told this.

At some point I may try to talk to the actual EMT to find out more about this.
chapmadl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:44 AM   #116
RSm1thX

Drives: 2005 Acura RSX
sorry to hear about this...i myself was just in a horrible crash a few weeks ago. i and 4 others were fortunate to walk away from mine as my car flipped on a gravel road...still not sure how that happened but i am thankful to still be living as i believe you are as well.

heres to a speedy recovery...

Last edited by RSm1thX; 07-12-2009 at 08:41 PM.
RSm1thX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #117
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
that camaro had a short life.
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:23 PM   #118
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomZ302 View Post
When I had my accident, the cop apparently wasn't going to ticket anyone, then came to the hospital later saying his supervisor told him someone had to be charged with something. So I got a ticket for reckless driving, but I wonder if the cop who issued the ticket did that since, in NC, you have to be able to prove that you were intentionally driving recklessly. So my ticket got dropped.
Thats pretty fing lame.
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #119
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by kga10734 View Post
First off let me apologize for playing the Devil's advocate. I also stated in my post that if it was true I was sorry to hear about it and hoped the driver recovered. I have been on a few forums and new members join and right off the bat, they start the sympathy post. I thought this might be one of those such post. You wouldn't believe one of the ones we came across. It had to be one of the biggest made up life stories you ever came across on the web by a 16 year old kid from Indy.

I live in TX and here we don't keep our plates unless they are personalized and then you have to transfer them I think. I never had them so I don't really know. Here you get 1 temporary paper tag from the dealership until your plates arrive. I saw what looks like a regular plate on the front which in our state would mean you had the car for more then 10 days or so. Also after reading the quote below in the other thread about this.

Does the person that was following you have a clue what happened just before you crashed? I had a very bad wreck way back when. I was blacking out from being drunk(I haven't had a drink in 22 years now). I don't remember the drive up to the point of the wreck. I remember the few seconds before we went sideways and rolled through the air, and waking up after the wreck upside down in the car. The only reason I now what happened during the wreck was because 2 of my friends were with me and not injured told me what happened. I was the only one hurt, and think god for that.
thats pretty shitty super sleuth. but made up or not hes sharing his pain here with us. sometimes its best to keep thoughts like that to yourself..if he is playing a prank then thats really messed up. but who cares..its not like hes asking for money or for us to give him a new car. you know and if he is really hurt then the only thing youre doing is adding frustration and aggravation to a man who clearly has tons of that as it is..chap dont worry about bs like this..just ignore it. we sympathize with you buddy. I had the option of transferring the tags from my 08 tahoe that i traded even for my camaro..unfortunately we had just moved from one address to another and i didnt get the note that my tags were about to expire..couldnt see the sticker on the plate either cause i had a license plate cover that covered it up..only reason i didnt transfer the plates and used dealer plates is they were already ran out.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #120
myhotpink

Drives: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5
You did it big chap! I am so sorry to hear that. I have totalled two cars, unfortunately. I have two brand new Sentra SE-Rs...within 5 months of having both of them, totalled. Definitely not enough time spent with either! So glad you are alright. That is a very scary thing to have happened. Happens so fast that at least you do not remember the complete crash.

Kristen
myhotpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #121
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
hopefully you never remember, I had a bad Motorcycle accident and remember everything about it. That was 2 yrs ago and certian things still bother me. I have chills everytime I see or hear Flight for Life. Glad you made it through. Recovery is long and frustrating. PM me if you ever need to talk about things. I find it easier to relate to someone who's been through one than someone who hasn't. They all mean well though. Good luck!
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:12 PM   #122
2MA

Drives: 1985 Chevy Camaro
glad ur ok
2MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:42 PM   #123
7DNHALF

Drives: 1970 1/2 CAMARO RS
Speedy recovery...God Bless!
2005 Colorado 4x4
7DNHALF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #124
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
Yeah well i am going to say i am glade you came out alive. but its understandable with people asking how it happend cause for the bumber to be split and pushed back about a good 2 almost three feet you had to be moving, i would say over 60mph, so i am also thinking this was on a highway if not and was at lower speeds then this car is not built good for safety. plus why is it stated there is no witness when you recall your girlfriend following right behind you in a trial blazer? Just add this to another question everybody is asking. Wont say it was your fault or b/s ing cause i wrecked my 280 and tour the passenger side fender and door off and my passenger walked away accidents happen and they are no joke.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:24 PM   #125
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Man glad to hear you survived that. I've been in the auto repair industry for 20 yrs. and this is one of the worst accidents i've ever seen.
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:50 PM   #126
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
wow.. i remember seeing these posted a week or so back, glad to hear you're on the mend!! man i cringed every time i see these photos