Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #15
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
I'm a little confused by your reply here Pete. I don't recall seeing anyone talk about only lowering the rear or raising the front. Could you help elaborate on what you were referring to? Thanks.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #16
dangjohnny

Drives: ‘21 ZL1 1LE 6MT
Salesman being a salesman. Before and after.
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #17
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUBslow View Post
Salesman being a salesman. Before and after.
Excuse me? You already bought your coilovers and installed them to look cool instead of function well.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #18
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #19
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
I'm a little confused by your reply here Pete. I don't recall seeing anyone talk about only lowering the rear or raising the front. Could you help elaborate on what you were referring to? Thanks.
I think Pete's point is that guys are talking about lowering a perfectly tuned car suspension and not considering the effects on handling. Lowering without accounting for balance is a waste of a good track car. Ideally you should corner balance after tweaking the suspension. I do agree the SS looks 100% better lowered as I did, but I also had mine corner balanced afterwards.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #20
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
I think Pete's point is that guys are talking about lowering a perfectly tuned car suspension and not considering the effects on handling. Lowering without accounting for balance is a waste of a good track car. Ideally you should corner balance after tweaking the suspension. I do agree the SS looks 100% better lowered as I did, but I also had mine corner balanced afterwards.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:09 AM   #21
ZL1 Spoked

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Excuse me? You already bought your coilovers and installed them to look cool instead of function well.
Should have left it stock haha.

604 RWHP 602 LBS/TQ
ZL1 Spoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #22
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
Is your SS fixed yet?
Old 12-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #23
dangjohnny

Yes sir I did buy it for looks. Looks only. This is why I bought the variant one instead of the variant two I usually get. I stopped going to the track years ago.

edit: zl1 spoked shouldnt you be somewhere harassing people about zl1 parts on non zl1 cars somewhere? Speaking of leaving stock. Good job losing your warranty so quickly.

Last edited by dangjohnny; 12-21-2012 at 02:47 PM.
dangjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #24
dangjohnny

Also, dont waste your money on corner balancing unless you are going to the track often. Use your money on something more important.

Lastly, this is from info@peddersUSA.com -

"Corner balancing should be the last thing you do for open track events. To do it properly, you will need coil overs, adjustable sway bar end links on all 4 corners. But you should really have a complete upgrade prior to truly gain any positive benifits.

but for aggressive street driving, it is not worth it."

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70402
Old 12-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #25
Bayarea510

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE/RS
YUBslow Car looks good man.. Ill be lowering my 1le also..
Bayarea510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #26
ZL1 Spoked

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Yes sir I did buy it for looks. Looks only. This is why I bought the variant one instead of the variant two I usually get. I stopped going to the track years ago.

edit: zl1 spoked shouldnt you be somewhere harassing people about zl1 parts on non zl1 cars somewhere? Speaking of leaving stock. Good job losing your warranty so quickly.
I actually have my warranty but it's fun to see people like you copy a superior car and think they are the top of the world. Why you be slow? Since you prefer looks over performance? Keep posing, see how far you'll get

604 RWHP 602 LBS/TQ
ZL1 Spoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #27
dangjohnny

ZL1 spoked, I look forward to your posts more than any other. It was about time you started bashing someones car. Started to think you were getting slow on me. Keep posting about your superiority over others and see where that gets you…

And I am sure your warranty is just fine considering your altered supercharger and aftermarket headers. No tune required for those type of mods...

Back on the topic. Nick S, if you want to lower your car for the track, obviously do it correctcly. I wanted to give you an idea of what a lowered car looks like with 1le/zl1 wheels and 305 tires. I hope it helped.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #28
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Quote:
ZL1 spoked, I look forward to your posts more than any other. It was about time you started bashing someones car. Started to think you were getting slow on me. Keep posting about your superiority over others and see where that gets you…

And I am sure your warranty is just fine considering your altered supercharger and aftermarket headers. No tune required for those type of mods...

Back on the topic. Nick S, if you want to lower your car for the track, obviously do it correctcly. I wanted to give you an idea of what a lowered car looks like with 1le/zl1 wheels and 305 tires. I hope it helped.

Thanks for showing pictures... It definetly helped me... I'm gonna lower my 1LE with eibach 1inch lowering springs then in like two years or less ill put coilovers
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote