Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-19-2014, 03:15 PM   #1
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Lag in pedal pressure and power

So i'm not an expert but when you hit the gas a good amount and you get a small timing delay from the time you gun the pedal to the reaction from the action....is this caused by the fuel pump? Would upgrading the pump help at all? I guess did I explain what I experience correctly? LOL

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:18 PM   #2
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBourne23 View Post
So i'm not an expert but when you hit the gas a good amount and you get a small timing delay from the time you gun the pedal to the reaction from the action....is this caused by the fuel pump? Would upgrading the pump help at all? I guess did I explain what I experience correctly? LOL
Installing a ported throttle body helps eliminate that dead spot and makes the car react much quicker.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:22 PM   #3
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Also, turn off traction control and see if it responds differently .
Old 06-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #4
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
No, it's the way GM programed our Throttle Response. When you push the Gas pedal by a certain percentage, it translates to a signal that goes to the ECU that will send another signal to the Throttle motor and opens it by how much the ECU thinks it should open.

In other words, if the ECU thinks it's safer not to open Full Throttle under some conditions even if you have pushed all the way the Gas Pedal, you wont get 100% Throttle response.

This is the way the system " Drive by Wire " was designed. For Safety / Emissions / Comfort and many other factors....

I've done lots of research in this and I'm now working on a new device that will allow us to bypass all these delay / conditions.... and will therefore reduce that Lag you feel and will increase the Throttle Response so much that you will feel that your car had some hidden power not

We've tested it during the last Camaro5 Fest in Houston and had some real positive reviews from a few members.

Will start a new Thread when ready.
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:41 PM   #5
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon670 View Post

Looking forward to hearing more about this product, although I'd say I'm happy with the response I have no with my mods, the more the merrier.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:54 PM   #6
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Old 06-19-2014, 10:27 PM   #7
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:42 AM   #8
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
I've always attributed this "mushy" feel to a delay in what was once called "kick-down" in the transmission. Not sure what it's called these days. It seems to take forever for the automatic to downshift when getting on it. It's left me hanging a few times, so if I can anticipate a need for a more rapid acceleration, I tapshift it down a few before I go...but I'm not always so clairvoyant.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:27 AM   #9
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
interested and waiting for more info..........Thank - you
Old 06-20-2014, 05:42 AM   #10
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
No, it's the way GM programed our Throttle Response. When you push the Gas pedal by a certain percentage, it translates to a signal that goes to the ECU that will send another signal to the Throttle motor and opens it by how much the ECU thinks it should open.

In other words, if the ECU thinks it's safer not to open Full Throttle under some conditions even if you have pushed all the way the Gas Pedal, you wont get 100% Throttle response.

This is the way the system " Drive by Wire " was designed. For Safety / Emissions / Comfort and many other factors....

I've done lots of research in this and I'm now working on a new device that will allow us to bypass all these delay / conditions.... and will therefore reduce that Lag you feel and will increase the Throttle Response so much that you will feel that your car had some hidden power not

We've tested it during the last Camaro5 Fest in Houston and had some real positive reviews from a few members.

I was talking to a Vendor at C5F (Across from the ACS Tent) and he was introducing a new control unit that plugs into your gas plug behind your pedal which gives instant Throttle Response. Don`t know if that was you...still waiting for the Email with updates....
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:03 AM   #11
Desertion

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Transformer Edition
Quote:

Desertion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:52 AM   #12
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
Yes, That was me
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:52 AM   #13
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Sweet, I can't wait for something like this to come out. Does anyone recommend a particular throttle body to get to replace the factory one? I find it happens only once in a while and i never just throw the pedal to the floor but you guys know what i mean. This car has been one of the most receptive ones i've owned and one of the reasons i fell in love with it.

HORIZON670-
"I've done lots of research in this and I'm now working on a new device that will allow us to bypass all these delay / conditions.... and will therefore reduce that Lag you feel and will increase the Throttle Response so much that you will feel that your car had some hidden power not

We've tested it during the last Camaro5 Fest in Houston and had some real positive reviews from a few members."

Are there anything reductions to safety with your product and what is the cost going to look like about? No exact numbers are available i'm sure but a round about would be helpful. If you need anyone to try it out again, I work and hang out in thee north jersey area a lot so I'd be willing to give it a shot lol

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:08 AM   #14
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:

Also, it is more responsive in Sport mode if it is an automatic (M on the shift indicator, but don't touch the paddle shifters).