Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #15
05gofast

Drives: Something Fast
Look at the power under the curve guys, that's where the gains are.

O.P. - One thing I've found useful on the collector flanges is adding a lockwasher & loc-tite to the bolts, these have a tendency of vibrating loose after some driving with my experiences.
05gofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #16
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
from a earlier post..K&N CAI, corsa cat back, JBA high flow cats , dyno tune = 397 whp
new setup
K&N CAI, corsa cat back, kook longtubes ,dyno tune = 417 whp
pretty sure thats my car
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #17
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
pretty sure thats my car
i believe it was, i was just trying to make a point on hp gain and not whether it was a l99 or ls3..similar mods but one has 20rwhp gain and other has 7 rwhp gain...obvious it must be the tune done with the headers...i,m just really surprised that lts and hiflow cats and no tune only have a 7hp gain...thats really disappointing for a 1200.00 mod...for 1200.00 mod you could pick up a full cam kit{springs}with roller rockers and pick up a 100rwhp.or even a ls7 cam for 100.00 and 500 labor and gain 30-40hp.imo
Old 01-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #18
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05gofast View Post
Look at the power under the curve guys, that's where the gains are.

O.P. - One thing I've found useful on the collector flanges is adding a lockwasher & loc-tite to the bolts, these have a tendency of vibrating loose after some driving with my experiences.
Yeah i agree....I am gonna put some on there probably later this week, i dont drive it everyday so when i get time I will do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Guarantee that's an LS3... 370 is the right on the mark for an L99... no way they get even close to 400 w/ LT headers, CAI and tune.

Here's my dyno sheet with the same mods...
Wow almost dead on...im looking at adding Tq Verter and cam at the same time..in the dear future.

From what I been seeing ... the L99's make around 370-375hp with the bolt-ons and tune... or I could be off...im glad the guys told me the they dyno reads a little low, they did admit that and that was pretty good of them to tell me before the car went on.

Thanks C5
Old 01-07-2011, 01:22 AM   #19
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
i believe it was, i was just trying to make a point on hp gain and not whether it was a l99 or ls3..similar mods but one has 20rwhp gain and other has 7 rwhp gain...obvious it must be the tune done with the headers...i,m just really surprised that lts and hiflow cats and no tune only have a 7hp gain...thats really disappointing for a 1200.00 mod...for 1200.00 mod you could pick up a full cam kit{springs}with roller rockers and pick up a 100rwhp.or even a ls7 cam for 100.00 and 500 labor and gain 30-40hp.imo
well i have always thought the tune is the most important part. you can only go so far with blot ons. the stock tune can only do some much. the stock tune wasn't made to be used with headers...
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:52 AM   #20
Irnwkrkev

Drives: 2011 SS/RS LS3
Even if the dyno reads low, as long as you are using the same dyno the gains are what you look at. I can see 20ftlbs and 15hp under the curve, which is where you want it. Strange how it falls off so fast at peak though. They did over rev the hell out of it though which makes the numbers look like they're declining more. No need to rev to almost 6,600rpm with a stock cam.
Irnwkrkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:34 AM   #21
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Sweet gains Snoop. Nice clean set up! Congrats!
Old 01-07-2011, 06:18 AM   #22
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnoopster View Post
Thanks bro... Im trying to be like you when I grow up LOL

They told me that their dyno reads low, but they said it gained a lot of tq. When I put the tune in the car I didnt have the headers yet so I think I may need it re-tuned. As for differerence, I feel a lil more umph in it compared to what it was before...but I think this is average for an automatic with these bolt ons.
Lol..

Snoop its been my experience on LS powered cars that after addding headers the pcm overcompensates and adds more fuel than is necessary. So you will definetly benefit from a tune. You will probably get the dreaded insufficient switching from sensor1 bank1 and bank 2 code, check engine light. Ted can turn that code off for ya in the tune.

I picked up 36rwhp w/ Cai, 1 7/8 headers and a tune on my L99. Which suprsingly enough on my 06 LS2 Vette I used to have, I picked up 36rwhp from 1 3/4 headers, Calloway Cai and a tune.
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #23
PTandrew

Drives: DD 2008 G37s
Hello C5 community my name is Andrew i work for PTUNING in Manassas, and i am the one who helped Herman set up his dyno pulls and long tube header install.

First off thank you Herman for the business, and giving a good review about are shop. I hope to see you around the shop again soon, I got you

the next thing i want to point out to the community is the questionable dyno numbers.

We run a Dyno Dynamics Dyno which we have enclosed in a Dyno cell. Our dyno is one of the lower reading dynos on the market. Compared to a dyno jet where there could be an 8-12% correction factor involved when dynoing your car. And i explain this to every customer that comes in for dyno servicing.

But what i would like to point out to the community is to look under the power band on the graph. This is where you will see the real gains of Herman's most recant modifications.

Through out the power band the camaro gained 15hp, and 20lbs of torque. not just 7hp, 13lbs.

hope this helps

~Drew
PTandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #24
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Looking good Snoop!
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:17 PM   #25
cm5217
2K10 SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 SIM black stripes
Hey Branden I have you got your dyno set up yet? I am looking to redyno to see what my headers and cai and tune did for me. I could go to VA but you are so much closer to me. PM me if you can do something for me. Chris
Tuned with HP tuners by Ryan at GPI...LS3 Conversion GPI SS3 Comp Cam...GPI Heads... GPI modded Intake...GPI built Transmission...Circle D 5C T.C....1 7/8 Kooks LT headers...Vararam tune CAI...Bo White TB...Powerbond 25% UDP...3.91 Gears...Magnaflow 3" Catback...RX catch can...BMR Trailing Arms...BMR Toe Rods...BMR Pro rear cradle bushing kit...Smoked Lenses...Black Chrome SS rims...Black Bowties...Painted Stripes...Barton shifter...Hydro Dipped engine cover...Clear Shield bra (front clip and hood)...
cm5217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #26
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Sweet gains Snoop. Nice clean set up! Congrats!
Thanks Bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
Lol..

Snoop its been my experience on LS powered cars that after addding headers the pcm overcompensates and adds more fuel than is necessary. So you will definetly benefit from a tune. You will probably get the dreaded insufficient switching from sensor1 bank1 and bank 2 code, check engine light. Ted can turn that code off for ya in the tune.

I picked up 36rwhp w/ Cai, 1 7/8 headers and a tune on my L99. Which suprsingly enough on my 06 LS2 Vette I used to have, I picked up 36rwhp from 1 3/4 headers, Calloway Cai and a tune.
I know I talked with Ted before I got the tune and I told him I was getting headers real soon. I think Ted did the tune up for headers. I will have to double check with him .. if not I will get a new one. . They told me it picked up a good deal after the install. I drove it around (about 40 out and back and still no codes) and got on it and wow big difference! Im happy ... but I still wanna be like you when I grow up LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTandrew View Post
Hello C5 community my name is Andrew i work for PTUNING in Manassas, and i am the one who helped Herman set up his dyno pulls and long tube header install.

First off thank you Herman for the business, and giving a good review about are shop. I hope to see you around the shop again soon, I got you

the next thing i want to point out to the community is the questionable dyno numbers.

We run a Dyno Dynamics Dyno which we have enclosed in a Dyno cell. Our dyno is one of the lower reading dynos on the market. Compared to a dyno jet where there could be an 8-12% correction factor involved when dynoing your car. And i explain this to every customer that comes in for dyno servicing.

But what i would like to point out to the community is to look under the power band on the graph. This is where you will see the real gains of Herman's most recant modifications.

Through out the power band the camaro gained 15hp, and 20lbs of torque. not just 7hp, 13lbs.

hope this helps

~Drew
Thanks for coming in Drew and thanks for all your help ....and I will call you when I get my springs and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
Looking good Snoop!
Thanks Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm5217 View Post
Hey Branden I have you got your dyno set up yet? I am looking to redyno to see what my headers and cai and tune did for me. I could go to VA but you are so much closer to me. PM me if you can do something for me. Chris
Hey Chris, if you come to Va, call me and let me know if you are coming this way ... I can show you where they are located at. Just let me know
Old 01-08-2011, 10:10 AM   #27
2SSCAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTandrew View Post

hope this helps

~Drew
WOW If your low reading dyno is about 8% low, this would mean that his 388 torque numbers are really more like 419. That's amazing. My L99 has long tubes, cai, and tune just like his but I also have a TVS2300 and my dynoed torque is max STD 439 (done on a Dynojet). Before my maggie install, my Dynojet measured torque was 353 STD. Your customer's numbers come from a low reading dyno and mine are from a higher reading brand dyno and yet his low reading torque is 388 and my high reading torque was 353! That's a pretty big disparity between our two L99's with the same mods.
2SSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #28
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Good for you Snoop glad your happy with how it turned out...thats all that matters.
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote