Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #85
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
You got me on all that, brother...How, where, what exact procedure they're gonna use to build these I have not heard, or don't know if it even matters...just guessing...
Ha, yep, it's all speculation til we hear more later in the year.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #86
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Are they going to offer the Build your own Z/28 camaro engine at GM's Performance Build Center, that is a $6000 upgrade.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #87

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
The current most expensive Camaro costs $69,565. That's right now, today. How can the Z/28 be both the most expensive Camaro EVER, and at the same time be less than the most optioned ZL-1 ? That would make the ZL-1 Vert the "MOST EXPENSIVE CAMARO EVER" and would mean that GM is just blowing smoke when they publicly say otherwise?

So even though GM states that the Z/28 will be the most expensive Camaro ever, you're saying that the Z/28 is going to be $5 to $10K less than the currently most expensive Camaro?

Lots of wishful pricing logic and daydreaming going on around here. Good luck to all that are truely going to attempt to get one.
Not to mention those are '13 prices....'14s will probably be bumped up even more....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Are they going to offer the Build your own Z/28 camaro engine at GM's Performance Build Center, that is a $6000 upgrade.
Probably...Plus another 2k if you wait... 4K if you watch...6K if you help....lol....
Old 04-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #89
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
The current most expensive Camaro costs $69,565. That's right now, today. How can the Z/28 be both the most expensive Camaro EVER, and at the same time be less than the most optioned ZL-1 ? That would make the ZL-1 Vert the "MOST EXPENSIVE CAMARO EVER" and would mean that GM is just blowing smoke when they publicly say otherwise?

So even though GM states that the Z/28 will be the most expensive Camaro ever, you're saying that the Z/28 is going to be $5 to $10K less than the currently most expensive Camaro?

Lots of wishful pricing logic and daydreaming going on around here. Good luck to all that are truely going to attempt to get one.
First, theyre different cars. When a dealership tells you the price of a vehicle, they DO NOT give you the most optioned price of the vehicle. NO DEALERSHIP does this. They go off of the BASE price. GO to a dealership and ask them the price of a ZL-1. Dont ask them about this or that option! Ask them the price of the ZL-1. Its $54,995. $10000 over that price is a SIGNIFICANT increase over the car. If this car is $70k+, production will be 600 tops. Im not saying youre wrong. It may be true, but if thats case, theyre not selling many AT ALL! If I was to spend that amount of money, I can find a vehicle that would match it AND be an excellent street car. Those parts added, youre paying a HUGE premium on them if thats the case. The car wont be worth that much IMO. But if thats the case, 75+% will be garage queens. Morons buying them up as an investment. Hardly an investment.

BASE for BASE, the Z/28 will be the MOST EXPENSIVE CAMARO TO DATE!

The COPOs are going for $150000+ right now. in 20 yrs they wont be worth that. I believe these cars will be like baseball cards. Once were good money, now you can pick em up for peanuts. Once thebaby boomers are gone, the price will fall dramatically.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!

Last edited by Wizard1183; 04-21-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #90
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
First, theyre different cars. When a dealership tells you the price of a vehicle, they DO NOT give you the most optioned price of the vehicle. NO DEALERSHIP does this. They go off of the BASE price. GO to a dealership and ask them the price of a ZL-1. Dont ask them about this or that option! Ask them the price of the ZL-1. Its $54,995. $10000 over that price is a SIGNIFICANT increase over the car. If this car is $70k+, production will be 600 tops. Im not saying youre wrong. It may be true, but if thats case, theyre not selling many AT ALL! If I was to spend that amount of money, I can find a vehicle that would match it AND be an excellent street car. Those parts added, youre paying a HUGE premium on them if thats the case. The car wont be worth that much IMO. But if thats the case, 75+% will be garage queens. Morons buying them up as an investment. Hardly an investment.

BASE for BASE, the Z/28 will be the MOST EXPENSIVE CAMARO TO DATE!

The COPOs are going for $150000+ right now. in 20 yrs they wont be worth that. I believe these cars will be like baseball cards. Once were good money, now you can pick em up for peanuts. Once thebaby boomers are gone, the price will fall dramatically.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #91
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
No mention of that yet.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Base for Base....probably a good rule of thumb for different models that have similar upgrades available...Don't think it applies to a Base Z/28, because there will be no such thing...It is "optioned" out to the max as is.
A/C option for Z/28?...Don't think that will qualify to make the car without it the "Base" Z/28 model....

If GM had said..."The base Z/28 is the highest price base model Camaro ever..." perhaps you would have a point...
Old 04-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #93
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Base for Base....probably a good rule of thumb for different models that have similar upgrades available...Don't think it applies to a Base Z/28, because there will be no such thing...It is "optioned" out to the max as is.
A/C option for Z/28?...Don't think that will qualify to make the car without it the "Base" Z/28 model....

If GM had said..."The base Z/28 is the highest price base model Camaro ever..." perhaps you would have a point...
I'm basing my assumption that whenever GM talks about pricing, it's always reflective of base price, no matter what model it is. That's why you see little captions at the bottom of photographs that signify what that model was optioned out when tested.

The Z/28 will have a base price because it has a starting point like any other model. If you add the optional A/C, then that increases the price, no?

Old 04-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I'm basing my assumption that whenever GM talks about pricing, it's always reflective of base price, no matter what model it is. That's why you see little captions at the bottom of photographs that signify what that model was optioned out when tested.

The Z/28 will have a base price because it has a starting point like any other model. If you add the optional A/C, then that increases the price, no?
I just don't see this car as being in the same game as the rest of the line-up at all....When they use the words "expensive" and "most expensive ever" to describe one of their own cars, I think all bets are off...

There will be no Z/28 advertised with disclaimer of "$_______ as shown" to avoid false advertising....
Old 04-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #95
Wizard1183

Quote:
I just don't see this car as being in the same game as the rest of the line-up at all....When they use the words "expensive" and "most expensive ever" to describe one of their own cars, I think all bets are off...

There will be no Z/28 advertised with disclaimer of "$_______ as shown" to avoid false advertising....
I find it hard to believe it'll be the same as the difference between a ZR-1 & Z06. Could be! But my question is: why not buy a Vette? The camaro won't outdo a Z06 I don't think right?

Old 04-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #96

Quote:
I find it hard to believe it'll be the same as the difference between a ZR-1 & Z06. Could be! But my question is: why not buy a Vette? The camaro won't outdo a Z06 I don't think right?
I'm sure many will base what they buy on many factors that they weigh for why they want a particular car....I don't think the Z/28 is a threat to the Corvette, regardless of how it's priced or how it performs...or vice-versa...
...That it's being debated in the same arena as the Vette I think is a plus for the Z/28...Whether they price it based on what a comparable Vette is, who knows....But it shows it's in high-dollar territory, that's for sure...
and there's a lot more to the Z/28 than just another step-up in the Camaro line....
Old 04-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #97
Wizard1183

But here's my thing comparing to the Z06, you produced this car to run circles around and compete with many others. Those that race, wouldn't they just buy the Vette and upgrade its components a little to race at the competition the Z/28 is up against? After all, the Vette is in the same races no? I understand they built it with passion and to compete with upper class and annihilate the rest. I get that. But I think they're building it more for nastalgic reasons than just a race car.

Perhaps that may be why they'll ask big money for it?

Old 04-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #98

Quote:
But here's my thing comparing to the Z06, you produced this car to run circles around and compete with many others. Those that race, wouldn't they just buy the Vette and upgrade its components a little to race at the competition the Z/28 is up against? After all, the Vette is in the same races no? I understand they built it with passion and to compete with upper class and annihilate the rest. I get that. But I think they're building it more for nastalgic reasons than just a race car.
I can't speak for the circuit race guys what they would prefer and why...
But I think they actually built it the other way...For race car reasons, not just nostalgia. The Z/28 does have nostalgia appeal, and a Camaro race enthusiast, purist, "purpose built" (for racing) design.

If anything GM has made no bones about what the car is meant for, and why it was built that way...

Nostalgia wise, racing and "...a sub-set that actually race" got the purpose built car they wanted......not just some nostalgic knock-off for over-all sales appeal...If it were some sort of racing "poser", I'd say you are right...But I don't think you can look at Corvette's to make that assumption and I don't think that's the case with the Z/28...The real race-guys would sniff that out in a heart-beat...

Yeah, big money for sure....anything purpose built, limited production, serious racing, has got big dollar signs all over it....Just because it's a Chevy that isn't gonna make racing all that less expensive over-all that I can see... All good...It's not my cup of tea, all too rich for my blood for sure...Not sure if I'd buy one even if the price was 40K...lol...For the big dog, a ZL-1 is looking better and better all the time for me...

Last edited by 90503; 04-21-2013 at 07:13 PM.