Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 09-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
rdblan2

Drives: 2SS RS
waiting for a tow

left a stop light and turned left. car shudders and doesn't want to move. doesn't seem to want to sit in park either. joy.

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
Old 09-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
oh god. what happened
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
flyinglow57

Drives: rumble bee,2SS 6sp
Axle
Old 09-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
rdblan2

don't think it is an axle. I didn't leave hard. just took foot off the brake and gave it gas and it was shuddering away.

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
Old 09-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
rdblan2

I drove about 5 miles, no problems. Up to a light to turn left and stopped. Didn't shift out of drive. Light turns green and I take my foot off the brake. As soon as I did, the car was rattling and vibrating. I pulled through the intersection and stopped. Put the car in park and it does this long roll before it catches. Drive or reverse creates a "whirring sound" and then catches and vibrates. Didn't drive any further. Roll back taking it to Behe performance here. Closest shop I know of to where it happened.

We'll see what happens in the morning.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #6
nyny69

Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdblan2 View Post
I drove about 5 miles, no problems. Up to a light to turn left and stopped. Didn't shift out of drive. Light turns green and I take my foot off the brake. As soon as I did, the car was rattling and vibrating. I pulled through the intersection and stopped. Put the car in park and it does this long roll before it catches. Drive or reverse creates a "whirring sound" and then catches and vibrates. Didn't drive any further. Roll back taking it to Behe performance here. Closest shop I know of to where it happened.

We'll see what happens in the morning.
Had the same thing happen to me. Left hand turn from stop. Was the drivers side axle.
nyny69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #7
rdblan2

Possible to break a 1000hp axle from a stop on street tires? I didn't take off hard. Just picked my foot up off the brake.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #8
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Yeah. My car did the same thing. The fool who posted above you had to tow my car back. Snapped a 1000 rwhp axle from bouncing down the track. Car had the exact same symptoms. I thought it was the rear. Nope, just an axle.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #9
rdblan2

I will be giddy if it's just an axle.

When the car is stopped I can put the car in drive and feel the vibration. I could move, just slowly. Didn't want to try to drive it far though.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
I will be giddy if it's just an axle.

When the car is stopped I can put the car in drive and feel the vibration. I could move, just slowly. Didn't want to try to drive it far though.
After mine went I'd put it in drive and I heard a grinding metal sound. I didn't try to move the car either. Even on jack stand the wheel actually spun when in drive but I couldn't completely stop them. I bet it's an axle.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #11
rdblan2

I feel a little better then. I'd be fine if I ripped the trans out on drag radials completing an awesome 11 second pass. But from a stop light following a garbage truck? It just doesn't sound as cool!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #12
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
I feel a little better then. I'd be fine if I ripped the trans out on drag radials completing an awesome 11 second pass. But from a stop light following a garbage truck? It just doesn't sound as cool!
Going 11's doesn't sound cool either!!!!

I'd rather have it go behind the truck!!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #13
rdblan2

LOL, while we were waiting for the roll back, I was telling my buddy your "fastest V6" story.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #14
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
LOL, while we were waiting for the roll back, I was telling my buddy your "fastest V6" story.
What story is that? I don't remember that one.