Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 02-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #29
usmcjlp

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 RJT
Question I had an AAM failure

Everyone seems to love to bag on Richmond gears, but my experiene has been the opposite. I had the AAM 3.73s, which I bought from Lingenfelter due to all the glowing reviews here. They were horrible and I had a lot of issues from the moment they were installed. I had to remove them and went with the Richmond 4.11s. I have had no issues and like the response much better. My camaro is supercharged and over 650 rwhp. I do drive it aggresively.

I do believe that a lot of the initial problems in general, had a lot to do with the quality of the install. Just my opinion.
usmcjlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #30
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
Everyone seems to love to bag on Richmond gears, but my experiene has been the opposite. I had the AAM 3.73s, which I bought from Lingenfelter due to all the glowing reviews here. They were horrible and I had a lot of issues from the moment they were installed. I had to remove them and went with the Richmond 4.11s. I have had no issues and like the response much better. My camaro is supercharged and over 650 rwhp. I do drive it aggresively.

I do believe that a lot of the initial problems in general, had a lot to do with the quality of the install. Just my opinion.
What problems did you have with your AAM gears?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #31
HzMajesty

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Blk/Blk
Send a message via MSN to HzMajesty
ok lets see if we can get to the bottom of this... some pics might help??? will post them up now...
JRE Tuned - ARH LT 1-7/8 w/Cats - JRE Rear 4.11 - Borla "S" Cat-Back - CAI by CAI - H&R drop - HURST Shifter - BMR Tunnel Brace; 4 Point Brace; Adjustable Toe Rod; Rear Trailing Arms - Sphon Control Arms - MTI Racing w/Fire Sleeves - Stealth Ambers - GTS Tails - Phantom Grille - Concept LED Sidemarkers - Blacked out logos - Hotchkis Bars & End links - BMR Front Driveshaft Loop (install soon) - BMR Subframe connectors (install soon)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3813191#
HzMajesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #32
HzMajesty

JRE Tuned - ARH LT 1-7/8 w/Cats - JRE Rear 4.11 - Borla "S" Cat-Back - CAI by CAI - H&R drop - HURST Shifter - BMR Tunnel Brace; 4 Point Brace; Adjustable Toe Rod; Rear Trailing Arms - Sphon Control Arms - MTI Racing w/Fire Sleeves - Stealth Ambers - GTS Tails - Phantom Grille - Concept LED Sidemarkers - Blacked out logos - Hotchkis Bars & End links - BMR Front Driveshaft Loop (install soon) - BMR Subframe connectors (install soon)

Old 02-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #33
HzMajesty

painful :(

so.... what does it look like??

Old 02-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #34
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HzMajesty View Post
so around 9 months later... BAM!!! and my camaro had to park on the side of the road and wait for a tow...

reason: 4.11 Richmond gears failed ... install was done by JRE... my car has never seen the track... i dont drive her hard/aggressive and I have never launched her above 2.5 rpm...

i know they are a reputed company... but wtf???!!!!

will be going back to stock (since i luckily had the 4.11 in a different housing)... but damn this sucks!!!!

cant send the gears back halfway across the world (shipping alone would cost more than new gears!) .... yes.... we pay to play :(

I find your need for perfomance mods and lack of hard driving contradictory...
Old 02-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #35
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
Quote:

Never mind. I then looked at these pictures and thought, Dear God Man.....that's not normal.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #36
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
painful :(

so.... what does it look like??

$ $ $ $ $ $

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #37
HzMajesty

well if anyone has an eye for figuring out how something like this could happen PLEASE let me know... not even sure what to do with this now... its gonna cost me a lot of $$$ whichever way i go... unless i just stay with stock...

Old 04-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #38
Dave Coyle

Drives: 2010 SS , 1970 Z-28, 2002 Avalanche
But have you had it at the strip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post

I just scattered my Richmond gears last weekend and they were only in the car for 3 weeks!! Worked GREAT on the street but once I was at the track with GOOD bite they failed on the 6th pass!! I will be going to the American Axle set, you need to read the post that Richmond Gears themself has posted in here, they stated that their gears are failing if you run them on the track!!! They say that their gears are only safe if you run them on the street ONLY!!!
Kooks 1 7/8 LT Headers/Hi-Flo Cats/Corsa Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI / Port Intake
Precission 2400/2800 Converter/3.73 AAM gears
Livernois Motorsports Tune

Best time: 11.97 @ 117 MPH
Dave Coyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:07 AM   #39
biigtee400

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS M6
Does the Eaton tru tech work with 4.11's???
biigtee400 is offline   Reply With Quote