Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 02-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
gangir5

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3 45th
Camaro5 Fest?

Ok so I just got a 45th 2SS over the summer and I really want to go to Camaro5 fest this August...I'm not really sure how it works and what I need to do as far a registering for the event...if that's even necessary...and tips, ideas, and info would be much appreciated!!

Btw car is at the dealer now because of "service airbag" light...so I'm in need of some good news.

THANKS!
gangir5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
All the info is in the Camaro5 Fest section of the forum
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #3
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94
Old 02-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
gregp
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 ss
i'd like more info also.
gregp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
moved to the Camaro5 Fest subforum
Old 02-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregp View Post
i'd like more info also.

go to the Camaro5 Fest IV website
Old 02-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #7
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
I see that it is at the Lucas Oil Raceway. If I just head straight there from Cincinnati on Friday morning (only about 90 minute drive) is it clear where to enter and park and all? Are the vendors situated in an area you can drive up to if you're having some sort of install? Thanks.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #8
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
I see that it is at the Lucas Oil Raceway. If I just head straight there from Cincinnati on Friday morning (only about 90 minute drive) is it clear where to enter and park and all? Are the vendors situated in an area you can drive up to if you're having some sort of install? Thanks.
Yes and yes
Old 02-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #9
Cincy10SSRS

Great. I apologize if I missed this on the event link info but what time do the gates open on Friday?
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #10
The Stig

Quote:
Great. I apologize if I missed this on the event link info but what time do the gates open on Friday?
No worries. I want to say the gates open at 8am - but I could be wrong. The time is on the website somewhere, the Fest website I mean
Old 02-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #11
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
No worries. I want to say the gates open at 8am - but I could be wrong. The time is on the website somewhere, the Fest website I mean
I just looked again and I don't think any times for Friday or Saturday are posted but I could be wrong.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:17 AM   #12
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
I just looked again and I don't think any times for Friday or Saturday are posted but I could be wrong.
just keep poking around here in July, the Fest will be a very hot topic.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #13
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Gangir5, and Cincy -

The schedule has yet to be posted. But we have firmed up times...just waiting to get things consolidated and typed up for folks to see.

We'll also be sure to include several maps to help you find your way to the correct entrance to the track, and around the grounds to the different "attractions".

Keep an eye on the website for updates: www.Camaro5Fest.net
Old 02-18-2013, 12:51 AM   #14
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangir5 View Post
Ok so I just got a 45th 2SS over the summer and I really want to go to Camaro5 fest this August...I'm not really sure how it works and what I need to do as far a registering for the event...if that's even necessary...and tips, ideas, and info would be much appreciated!!

Btw car is at the dealer now because of "service airbag" light...so I'm in need of some good news.

THANKS!
If you just want to hang out with other Camaro enthusiasts -or browse the vendors or watch some drag racing/autocrossing, all you need to do is show up at Lucas Oil Raceway on the first Friday or Saturday of August 2013.

Participating in the racing, or the official car show, or parking lot parties requires a bit more. All relevant info is in the Camaro5Fest section, or at least it will be before you leave for Indianapolis. Except for the parkinglot party that is. Details are scarce on that ... its going to be at the host hotel, but beyond that, things sorta develop on their own.
Quote:
Vendors will be centrally located at the event, it neat little rows. Some may do installs but most won't. I think Oracle Lighting was about the only one that was doing installs last year -could be wrong though. I certainly can't comment on this year.

We will try to make it clear on both this website as well as our dedicated 'Fest site which entrance to use to get to the Fest. No guarantees on signage in Indy during 'Fest weekend, or how visible such signs may be. Just remember that Lucas Oil Raceway is NOT repeat NOT Indianapolis Motor Speedway. LOR is located a few miles west of its more famous Indy counterpart, on the opposite side of the main highway. Its my understanding that more than a few people got lost Friday morning on the way in last year, so its worth mentioning to everyone this year.

To everyone, keep checking www.Camaro5Fest.net for up-to-date info regarding Camaro5 Fest.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote