Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-19-2006, 01:03 AM   #1
JustinZS

Drives: waitin on 2010 !!
2008 Chevy Malibu revealed on accident!

Detroit Auto Show website unveilged the 2008 Chevy Malibu on accident hah!

"Apparently the folks running the 2007 North American International Auto Show website got a little confused this afternoon. They published the exact same info every other automotive news site did that was supposed to accompany a teaser shot of the 2008 Chevy Malibu's front end. Unfortunately for them, however, they published a shot of the whole car, which allows us to unceremoniously introduce to you the new mid-size sedan from Chevy that was supposed to knock our socks off in Detroit next month."

Here's the pic they accidentally posted
Attached Images

JustinZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:20 AM   #2
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
From what I can see I think it looks good. Way to go GM...
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:22 AM   #3
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I like it!!!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:26 AM   #4
Shasho423

Drives: `
It looks a heck of a lot like a Scion tC or an Acura TL.

Both good lookin' cars though, so I don't mind.
Shasho423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:22 AM   #5
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Angry

I am sorry, that is NOT a malibu

THAT is a malibu, my 1980 V8 full frame (no unibody) coupe. the second to last year they offered the malibu in a 2 door configuration. this was my car in high school, the pic was taken after a 8 month restoration. the car is painted 78 silver anniversary corvette silver metallic. I miss that car , next to my 88 Camaro is the ONLY other car I would want one back in my driveway again.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:00 AM   #6
Shasho423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McFly View Post
I am sorry, that is NOT a malibu

THAT is a malibu, my 1980 V8 full frame (no unibody) coupe. the second to last year they offered the malibu in a 2 door configuration. this was my car in high school, the pic was taken after a 8 month restoration. the car is painted 78 silver anniversary corvette silver metallic. I miss that car , next to my 88 Camaro is the ONLY other car I would want one back in my driveway again.
Hahaha... agreed, my friend! I put a 383 in an '81 wagon a couple years ago. I miss that car almost as much as my 91 camaro. My '01 Malibu's pretty good to me, but it's just not the same. =(
Old 01-10-2007, 01:16 AM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
It almost looks similar to an Acura. My opinion, way to go GM. I personally love the look. Stop w/ the bland regular old mid-size family car/rental car look and give it some pizazz to make it look a little more luxury like. Good job.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:23 AM   #8
Shasho423

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
It almost looks similar to an Acura. My opinion, way to go GM. I personally love the look. Stop w/ the bland regular old mid-size family car/rental car look and give it some pizazz to make it look a little more luxury like. Good job.
They're definitely taking it in a better direction than they have been (I hate the '04 to present styling), but yeah... it's a definite improvement. I guess some of us are just wishing more cars would look to their roots in styling.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:30 AM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasho423 View Post
They're definitely taking it in a better direction than they have been (I hate the '04 to present styling), but yeah... it's a definite improvement. I guess some of us are just wishing more cars would look to their roots in styling.
Hey, I can understand 100% on that one!!! Try GTO...

Again, I like the car...but don't feel they should have given it that name plate. No offense to you GTO owners. You know I like'em.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote