Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-15-2009, 12:09 AM   #1
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Hello from a New Member, any fellow NY'ers here??

Hello All,

Just a thread to say hello. I am about to order a 2010 Camaro SS2 and wanted to get started on the forums to see what's up. My father had one of the first 67 Camaro RS models released in NY state. It was a Mint Green with Black Stripes. He gave it up when I was born in 70. My brother still has a 71 Camaro (being restored). So you can say we are a Camaro Family to some extent. I have been wanting a Camaro since I was 12, but I was never really crazy about the styling of the 90's Camaro's. Many times I thought about buying a 60's Camaro, but I never felt like spending all that cash on an older car, and many of them are Frankenstein'd.

Well back in 2006 I turned in my 2003 Mini Cooper S, which was a fun Go Kart, but I really wanted AMerican Rear Wheel Drive Muscle. I looked at the Mustang, but just couldn't get myself to drop sheets on a Ford....sorry GM Family. After seeing the new Camaro it was a no brainer, the they moved the original release from 2006 to "Maybe 2009" and I could not wait no more. My mother died and my father and I BOTH needed a Man Toy in the worst way. So in 2007 (me at 37 and him at 72), took a ride over to the Saturn dealer and instantly dove into the SKY Redline. I was never crazy about the name (a little too fruity) but the car is awesome and would hold me over until the Camaro comes out. Well the original plan was to sell it and buy the Camaro, but with the economy and used cars going so cheap, I have decided to keep the SKY and still get the Camaro. Plus the car has really grown on me.

THE SKY

I have to say that the SKY has to be one of the hottest GM designs ever put into production and mine has been trouble free and a pissa to drive. I get more stares and questions in that car than I did in the Mini (I had an early model also) by 100x. And still after owning it for over 2 years I still get thumbs up, comments and stares everywhere I go. I have been a highly active member of the SKY community, organizing clubs, runs , and get togethers since early on. I will link in some pictures as soon as I get a chance so you can check it out.

Any New Yorkers on here yet? I am sure there is. Where is everyone from?
Xmicro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:37 AM   #2
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Yup, we're here.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...839#post335839
Old 03-15-2009, 12:49 AM   #3
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
Hello All,

Just a thread to say hello. I am about to order a 2010 Camaro SS2 and wanted to get started on the forums to see what's up. My father had one of the first 67 Camaro RS models released in NY state. It was a Mint Green with Black Stripes. He gave it up when I was born in 70. My brother still has a 71 Camaro (being restored). So you can say we are a Camaro Family to some extent. I have been wanting a Camaro since I was 12, but I was never really crazy about the styling of the 90's Camaro's. Many times I thought about buying a 60's Camaro, but I never felt like spending all that cash on an older car, and many of them are Frankenstein'd.

Well back in 2006 I turned in my 2003 Mini Cooper S, which was a fun Go Kart, but I really wanted AMerican Rear Wheel Drive Muscle. I looked at the Mustang, but just couldn't get myself to drop sheets on a Ford....sorry GM Family. After seeing the new Camaro it was a no brainer, the they moved the original release from 2006 to "Maybe 2009" and I could not wait no more. My mother died and my father and I BOTH needed a Man Toy in the worst way. So in 2007 (me at 37 and him at 72), took a ride over to the Saturn dealer and instantly dove into the SKY Redline. I was never crazy about the name (a little too fruity) but the car is awesome and would hold me over until the Camaro comes out. Well the original plan was to sell it and buy the Camaro, but with the economy and used cars going so cheap, I have decided to keep the SKY and still get the Camaro. Plus the car has really grown on me.

THE SKY

I have to say that the SKY has to be one of the hottest GM designs ever put into production and mine has been trouble free and a pissa to drive. I get more stares and questions in that car than I did in the Mini (I had an early model also) by 100x. And still after owning it for over 2 years I still get thumbs up, comments and stares everywhere I go. I have been a highly active member of the SKY community, organizing clubs, runs , and get togethers since early on. I will link in some pictures as soon as I get a chance so you can check it out.

Welcome!

Get your check book out, because this Camaro is going to suck you in.

Tell your father to start saving up as well because he is next!
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:52 AM   #4
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Quote:
Hello All,

THE SKY

If you are going to get one let my man trm0002 hook you up with his dealer in Buffalo, best deal around for NY'ers. I just switched mine on Friday.
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:51 AM   #5
Show-Me-SS

Drives: Saturn Sky,Camaro1SS
Quote:
Hello All,

THE SKY

Hello, Xmicro_SS this is Show-Me-Sky from the sky forum know here as Show-Me-SS. I am doing the same thing,keeping the sky and getting a camaro also. I haven't told anyone in the sky community because I want to have the car in my hot little hands before I tell anyone. That way if something happens with the sale in the end I don't have to tell the story a hundred times. Welcome to the forum lots of great info here!
Show-Me-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:53 AM   #6
undrcop2010

Drives: 1LT/RS SIM
Welcome!

Old 03-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #7
DJCSR

Drives: 2010 2SS 6 Speed
Hello, fellow NYer.
DJCSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:39 AM   #8
Ctrain24

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Ctrain24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:07 PM   #9
okyankee

Drives: 2010 SILVERADO
i was born in peekskill. my family is still there. been in ok since 5 or so. go up once a year or so.
okyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #10
kozzmo49

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs
yea originally from b-lo, but recently moved to az
kozzmo49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:36 PM   #11
Fireball

Drives: Turbocharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbro View Post
If you are going to get one let my man trm0002 hook you up with his dealer in Buffalo, best deal around for NY'ers. I just switched mine on Friday.
What kind of a deal? Below MSRP for non-GM employees?
Fireball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #12
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
What kind of a deal? Below MSRP for non-GM employees?
$500 over invoice.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12624
Old 03-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #13
69 rs/ss

Drives: 1969 rs/ss & 2010 L99 #3747 4/28/09
Quote:
Hello All,

THE SKY

Welcome. I did the same thing your dad did with my 69. Now I have it back.
69 rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:35 PM   #14
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
ny here

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote