Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-18-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Skuttducks "Cliffy" RJT 2LT

The story for me getting the camaro happened around last March 2009. My wife and I had to start thinking about getting a new car. My 2000 Camry is still in great condition, and I added the Navigation system, black halo headlights, and wound up getting a new front bumper since someone tore it off in Deluca's parking lot. This is where I first got my modding addiction.

My wife had been driving a 2007 Malibu, the lease was coming due in 2010.

The Malibu was stolen once right after she got it. She was carjacked at work. Nothing wrong with the car and only 10,000 miles on it. Still trying to find someone to take the lease.

Anyhow we had decided that I would buy a new car, and that I would get one of the new camaros. Red happens to be my favorite color, so we went with the red jewel tint coat due to the way it looked. In May I got to see the Camaro and test drive one. I did my research thanks to Camaro 5. I found this site merely by researching if GM employee price would count. My dad had worked for GM, and I felt I could finally use that discount for a great car.

When checking out the car for the first time at Shaheen Chevrolet in Lansing, my dad came along to give me another review. He was very impressed by the new Camaro, and said GM had come a long way.

Ordering during May my salesman told me it might not be until February until the car came in. Even though we still have the lease, I had budgeted for having the 3 cars. I then did the tracking threads, and found spastic squirrel.

At the time my car was a one of a kind order. Even now it is 1 of 11 with the options that I ordered.

I named my car "cliffy" after "cliffjumper" as I liked him better than bumblebee, and there was a red camaro toy from 2007. So it worked out.

The car arrived at the dealership September 17th, 2009. One day before my 34th birthday. The salesman had them leave the car outside that night so I could look it over.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
skuttduck

Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Wow.. I knew I wanted the gill stripes, and the trunk blackout, and thanks to Camaro5, I found the magnetic trunk blackout on Ebay.

The dealer had stripeman install the gill stripes, as well as the clear vinyl inside the door handle to protect the trim.

As dirty as this car was from the truck, it still looked great. Forgive my wife yawning. I never noticed this in this picture until now!
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
skuttduck

I enjoyed picking up my car on my birthday. Couldn't have been a better day.

I took the following pictures the next day in front of my house.
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2010, 11:43 AM   #4
skuttduck

I created these series of pictures when someone asked how do you remove the engine cover.
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #5
skuttduck

I really wanted to do the ambient light in the dash, as I believe the GM should have fixed this. The threads here helped, but there was a back order on the lamps. I had the digikey tube, but thought of using the existing holes with hyperblue LEDs to see how that looked. Drivers side.
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2010, 11:52 AM   #6
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
looks great.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:54 AM   #7
skuttduck

I used a terminal block from Radio shack, to do the passenger side.

I had ambient light in the dash using standard LED's
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #8
skuttduck

I then took the camaro from Michigan down to Florida for the break in. Saw very few on the road, and had a wonderful trip. I took a picture from the cruise ship at Port Canaveral of my Camaro, and my Camry.

My parents went down with us, and we wanted to check out the NAV system in the camry.

Had some people cutting them off in the camry to take pictures of the camaro!
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2010, 12:04 PM   #9
Mojave
San Diego Head Tuners

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS ,NPP,MagRide, A8
Looks good
https://www.youtube.com/c/MojaveKY
https://www.instagram.com/mojaveky/
https://twitter.com/MojaveKY
http://dinowax.refr.cc/bryanm 15% off DinoWax orders
Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:06 PM   #10
skuttduck

Once back in Michigan I painted the calipers with help of my cousin and Uncle, and then got winter tires on it.

With winter coming I also got the Weathertech floormats.
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2010, 12:17 PM   #11
skuttduck

Over the winter I got another set of wheels, changed the ambient lighting to digi-key light tube and the lamps that the door used. I also figured out you could add the door lights and have footwell lighting as there are spots under there for it.

Because of the scratches on my doors, I added transformers door sills, and while I was at it I added transformer center caps to my summer wheels.

This helps the whole "Cliffjumper" thing! Though you still have to explain it to people who don't know about him.
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #12
skuttduck

Last mods I have gotten have been the transformers center console, and the corsa cat-back exhaust. If you think I should complete it by doing the fender emblems, let me know! I'm on the fence about adding the two GM fender emblems.
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #13
skuttduck

Two images of the Corsa exhaust, as well as a halo image from the parking ramp.
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #14
CamaroVision

Drives: 2010 Black 1LT/RS
Looks great, I was in lansing a couple weeks ago and think I saw your car driving around while we were waiting to get seated at a restaurant.
CamaroVision is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ambient light, cliffjumper, corsa exhaust, rjt red jewel tintcoat, transformers