Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-24-2015, 06:32 PM   #15
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Hmmm, I have installed them on 14s. We'll watch and maybe change the thickness of the front plates.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:16 PM   #16
NotYetLegend

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS
Thanks for the help and the email address Pete! I would have made a more direct effort to contact you if I was in more of a bind, but this particular situation was relatively simple and I figured there would be a number of solutions people on the forums had come up with over time (which there were).

The post about GM changing the bolt and nut shoulder size seems accurate to me since there was way too much interference in my case to fix with bending the fence. And we all know how GM is, if they had some bolts in stock that had larger shoulders but still work, they're fair game. In other words it is probably not a 2010, 2011, 2012, etc change, just a random "whatever they had teh day they built your car" type of thing.

In any case what I have on there now is working just fine but when funds allow I'll step up to some JPSS bolts just because I know they are a superior product. Thanks again.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:28 PM   #17
Bretts
SS

Drives: 2015 2ss rs
Peter can you supply the hadware I have the 2015
CCW sp16a track set, BTR stage 3 cam and kooks longtubes with high flow catsLocks@7.5 degrees castor and radius arm inserts, Ride Tech 2coilovers JDP upper control arm bushings BMR lower knuckle bushing Bo White throttle body3.91 gears Spohn del-sphere toe link and trailing arms Prothane subframe bushings
Bretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:41 PM   #18
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretts View Post
Peter can you supply the hadware I have the 2015
Hardware?
Old 03-04-2018, 10:11 PM   #19
Bretts
SS

Pete, I was thinking of a smaller shouldered radius arm bolt but I just used a drift to bend the inboard fence to a 45 degree looks good and strong now with the aluminium billeted radius arm inserts, one old insert rubber was ripped a bit and the toe seems to have not changed or enough to adjust before i drive to the city
CCW sp16a track set, BTR stage 3 cam and kooks longtubes with high flow catsLocks@7.5 degrees castor and radius arm inserts, Ride Tech 2coilovers JDP upper control arm bushings BMR lower knuckle bushing Bo White throttle body3.91 gears Spohn del-sphere toe link and trailing arms Prothane subframe bushings
Old 03-05-2018, 07:02 AM   #20
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
I just used a file and filed my down till they were even with the lock plate.
Matty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:41 AM   #21
JusticePete

Quote:
Pete, I was thinking of a smaller shouldered radius arm bolt but I just used a drift to bend the inboard fence to a 45 degree looks good and strong now with the aluminium billeted radius arm inserts, one old insert rubber was ripped a bit and the toe seems to have not changed or enough to adjust before i drive to the city
See below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Ice View Post
I just used a file and filed my down till they were even with the lock plate.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:57 AM   #22
Bretts
SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I am sorry I didn't see this earlier. The factory fences are bent and welded in. They are not dead nuts on all the time. Occasionally you'll run into a situation where the fence is bent in toward the bolt. The solution is to bend it back a bit with a hammer and chisel until the bolt can sit flat.

Any time you need help with an install please email me at Pete@JPSSonline.com and I'll get back to you a.s.a.p. even evenings and weekends.
file below flush, bend or new hardware as long as its not in any way apart of the sandwich or it will give you slop eventually
Old 03-05-2018, 12:48 PM   #23
JusticePete

Quote:
file below flush, bend or new hardware as long as its not in any way apart of the sandwich or it will give you slop eventually
A tap or two with a hammer will open them up. A few seconds with a die grinder does the same and since you are already in there with the grinder...
Old 03-07-2018, 10:24 AM   #24
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw78911sc View Post
I think GM changed the bolt, it now has a much larger shoulder, my castor locks fit fine, but had the exact issue the OP showed, the shoulder is too large to fit inside the fence after your move the hole closer to the fence.
And to alleviate this, bend or grind down the fence.