Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-14-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Dealers taking orders for Z/28?

Just notice that the dealership I got my car from has an ad on their website that they are now taking orders for the Z/28. Seems odd that GM would allow them to do this on a car that has not even been announced yet. Has anyone else seen this at their dealer?

http://www.courtesychev.com/ou/phoen...luginId=events

Scroll down a little to see the ad.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Wow Some dealers I swear...
Old 04-14-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Dealers are taking deposits in order to hold your cash for you.....................just in case......................you don't want to hold on to it.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:12 PM   #4
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Dealers are taking deposits in order to hold your cash for you.....................just in case......................you don't want to hold on to it.
That dealer's doing a favor for customers then! I wonder what they tell customers about the car then. How do you describe a car you're taking deposits for that doesn't exist?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:31 PM   #5
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I did an online chat with that dealer asking them what they know. They said the car is in production along with the convertible ,but they couldn't tell me any specs or when I would see it. They are happy to take my down payment though.

What a freak'en joke!
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:32 PM   #6
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I did an online chat with that dealer asking them what they know. They said the car is in production along with the convertible ,but they couldn't tell me any specs or when I would see it. They are happy to take my down payment though.

What a freak'en joke!
I guess that's a different way to steal money...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #7
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I guess that's a different way to steal money...
I guess if some dumb ass is willing to give money down on a car that has no spec's and no production date then it's not the dealers fault.

At least they didn't give me some BS about when it was going to be built or what spec's it will have. They just said they didn't have that info yet.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #8
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Send me your deposits for the Z/28. I will hold onto them for you.

Honestly......

I'm serious......
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:52 PM   #9
foamyfern
Banned

Drives: old
Maybe the dealer knows something that many don't? LOL car dealers. They'll do everything it takes to make the sale.
foamyfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #10
JCL-2SS

Drives: 2010 2SS Imperial Blue
i guess if you plan to get a Z28 no matter what then you wont need specs, most deposits are refundable and it might ensure that your one of the first to get one. If you have the money its no big deal, its not like the banks are giving any more than 1% interest to hold your money. I also read in car mag. that MSRP will not be more than a standard corvette, cant upstage chevys top sports car. Dealer might tack on something though.
2010 2SS IBM L99 6A, Janetty Tune, Dynatech headers and cats, Flowmaster exaust, SLP underdive pulley, CAI inc. CAI, MSD wires, LED's -taillights, side markers, knight rider, interior, Chevy emblem, rear plate
JCL-2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #11
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
I just requested more information.

"What are the specs, MSRP etc? As far as I know GM has not announced a Z28 or High performance version of the camaro. But you may know something the rest of us don't so please enlighten us on camaro 5. Especially those that are wanting the unannounced car."
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:56 PM   #12
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Drives: '12 Camaro SS
I'm pretty sure Chevy dealers were taking deposits on the Camaro after it was shown as a concept at the Detroit Auto Show a couple of years ago. So, this really shouldn't shock anyone.This is a very similiar situation to when dealers were taking deposits back in 2007. The 2006 Camaro Concept and 201? Camaro Z28 are both cars that everyone knew and (or) know were inevitable to the auto market. Everyone knew the Camaro concept would get the green light, and the Z28 would've already if not for GM's financial woes, but I think most of us anticipate ther Z28 to be a near reality!
Old 04-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #13
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
they even have it pictured as the transformer concept car.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #14
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
They did the same thing with the C6Z06