Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-07-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
1o.f00t.570rk
Tall Guy

Drives: '11 LS SGM, '96 BK, '88 S10
Talking 1o.f00t.570rk's SGM LS build thread...

Hey all! Hadn't gotten around to putting any pics up so I thought I'd get a thread started. The vehicle is a barebones LS with no options other than the permagrin common to all models. My new rims have been ordered and will be on their way in the next 4~6 weeks, so I needed to get pictures and stuff so I had a baseline. She's still bone-stock, not even to 500 miles yet, so all I can really show off right now is the color, which I LOVE.

Had my buddy take them this last weekend. We went to a local mall parking garage and the top floor was pretty much empty. The white garage lamps did an amazing job of getting the color to pop and show some real character. A little earlier in the day, we also snapped some in a small park with a boat launch.

Anywho, planned modifications include CF hood/trunk/wing, cat-back and CAI, upped suspension parts, and black grill and bumper mesh. Had planned on white rookie stripes, but recently had this idea of doing a pair of quotation marks on the front and rear quarter panels with orange drop-shadows.

Then, going to do amber interior lighting, orange calipers, and maybe someday do the HID conversion with the amber halos.

Last edited by 1o.f00t.570rk; 03-22-2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Moved photos to an uploaded album and re-linked them to hopefully not anger the bandwidth gods.
1o.f00t.570rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:24 AM   #2
cyberLS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey LS
Nice looking LS and they are Hockey Stripes and also the Quotation marks and called hash marks or le mans stripes i believe but they also look good together.
cyberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:56 AM   #3
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Looking good there! The color REALLY shines in those night photos.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:09 PM   #4
1o.f00t.570rk
Tall Guy

BUMP FOR NEW PHOTOS!

Got some photos with the new rims over in the wheels section!

Gloss white Forgestar F14's, 18x8.5, so far as I know the first of their kind

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143524

Also have them on my album I created:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=6673

Still mostly stock, but there sure isn't a chance that someone may mistake me for another.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:43 AM   #5
cyberLS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey LS
Gets some whites stripes on there to pull it together
cyberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #6
1o.f00t.570rk
Tall Guy

Finally got around to having my grand sport stripes installed. Haven't had a chance to take a pic of my own (was tired yesterday) but the good folks I had install snapped a quick one that gets the idea across. Also have had the windows tinted, just before the Annual Winthrop trip.

Will wait till I have my CAI and ARK installed tomorrow before I go out and take some more photos of my own. Till then, this snippet will have to do:

On Order: Ported IM
Future Plans: Airlift Suspension - CF Driveshaft - 9in IRS - SC FI - Brembo Brakes - more Pfadt
Team
LLT
Old 06-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #7
1o.f00t.570rk
Tall Guy

Like I promised. This is the only one that turned out good...but my exhaust needs some slight modifications and I didn't think to snap one with my hood up. The left-hand tip of the exhaust sticks out about a half an inch further than the right...but other than that the fitment was perfect and the guys who did the install said it went a lot smoother than a lot of the other stuff they work on.

As of now, I have the Vararam V6 intake, ARK Performance N-II catback exhaust, and no other mods.

On the horizon I have Pfadt coilovers and sways, SEIBON TS CF hood and OEM style trunk (both will be painted gloss black), and for now just painted orange calipers and eventually going to upgrade them...but keep them orange.

Then I gotta paint the tail light bezels white, and then figure out what, if any, aftermarket grill I want to go with. Then I think I can start doing stuff to the interior. Last treat, sorry for med/low quality audio, but you can get the sense that this doesn't sound like some fart-can. Love the sound, love the system!

Future Plans: Airlift Suspension - CF Driveshaft - 9in IRS - SC FI - Brembo Brakes - more Pfadt
Team
LLT

Last edited by 1o.f00t.570rk; 06-27-2011 at 11:46 PM. Reason: add youtube video
Old 06-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #8
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1o.f00t.570rk View Post
As of now, I have the Vararam V6 intake, ARK Performance N-II catback exhaust, and no other mods.
How is that combo working for you?
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:56 AM   #9
1o.f00t.570rk
Tall Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goo View Post
How is that combo working for you?
One trait that has carried over from the stock setup is how quiet it gets when not under load, in that the car is just barely louder than stock at idle or when coasting down in gear. It'll start rumbling when you get on it, and roaring when the RPMs get up there, but it's definitely not louder all the time. When on cruise control, there's no noticeable difference until you get a slight uphill or something like that.

At first I had thought that the system was a bit...import sounding I guess? It's definitely not as deep as a V8, and because of the rev range being higher for when the engine opens up, the sound is going to be different when you open up.

That was until I'd heard a few actual fart-cans go by, and even a rather tasteful STI, but their tone values were noticeably higher, and their rumble sounded buffeted where my V6 sounds extremely smooth at the low end, and has a very raw warcry when opened up. It's not a grumble or a growl, but it's a great sound nonetheless.

With regard to the Vararam, it seems to be performing wonderfully. I don't think I've put enough miles to see a huge difference, but I can say that it feels like the engine is starting to pull harder before 3k than it was before. I don't have a well calibrated butt dyno, but from what little I have noticed it's been positive.

Can't really comment on if there's been any MPG change yet, though I might have some numbers in a tank or two. Overall, very happy with the combination and think it sounds really awesome. No other vehicle sounds quite like this, and I get a lot more turned heads than before, and I was already getting a healthy number.

Trick now will be to get a dB measurement so I can know what RPMs I need to keep it at to make sure I don't now start turning the heads of LEOs and getting a ticket for making too much noise.
Team
LLT