Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-10-2008, 07:39 AM   #29
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
What does matter if they listen? I was planning on having someone come with me since I am 20 and I don't want them to think I am some stupid kid and try to push me around and cheat me, is that not a good idea?
You can take someone with you, just don't talk about anything that pertains to your financial situation that you don't want them to know. Unless you do like I do when I'm playing with them. When the salesman leaves the room.....say something like....if they don't include a nice meal in this deal, I'm taking my winnings to another dealership! I want a car today! I'll bet the salesman comes running back in.
I took a friend with me once when we were bored. I messed with the salesman for awhile and my buddy was ready to leave and get something to eat and there were quite a few people walking around in front of the showrrom looking at cars. When the salesman left the cubicle the next time I said, My credit is awful since those two repos showed up on my credit.....The guy came back to his office immediately and was literally pushing us out the front door of the dealership.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:05 PM   #30
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
Banks can be close....the dealer was only going to save me $8/month on my last purchase. The benefit though is you don't have to deal with all the financing crap at the dealership and it means less time you have to spend at the dealership. If you are ready to buy, you can make the deal and be out the door in 2-3 hours. When I bought my Avalanche I was in, made the deal and was driving off on my way to my free dinner in 2-1/2hours. I applied for my Capital One blank check online, they mailed it to me and when I went to the dealership I had control. It was just like having the cash in your pocket. They treat you way better. You eliminate another way for them to juggle numbers and try to slip something in.
I'll respectfully disagree with you here. $8 a month over 48 months is $384. That's a cold air intake probably. My last car deal took 1 hour, I got 2.9% interest. I just walk in tell the guy what I'll pay and ask for their best rate. Of the rate isn't good I'd pay cash.

They actually work harder to get you to finance with them as they get some of that financing back on the back end. Even buying motorcycles I was told that the dealer works more with folks who are going to finance with them rather than pay cash.

Paying cash did get you better deals 20 years ago, however that is no longer the case. Now the consumer has to weigh whether it's worth the interest to take the money out of the bank, or if they should pay cash and avoid the interest on the loan. It just all depends on what rate you get on your savings account vs. the loan rate.

Usually it's a better idea financially to split the difference. Pay half in cash and finance the other half if the rate is low and you can afford a 24 or 36 month payment.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:03 AM   #31
fairuser

Drives: Old and ugly
Someone mentioned the extended warranty. Worth it? I say this as a guy whose laptop just borked out-of-warranty.
fairuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:03 AM   #32
MaroSS
ZL1

Drives: 10' SS/RS - Sold; 15' White ZL1
Be sure to ask if the dealer will sell the car to ou for MSRP and no higher
Old 06-10-2009, 06:24 AM   #33
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
Well I have found a dealer that will give me $1000 over invoice. There is $1000 refundable downpayement. I know there must be more I should ask, just not sure what it is.
The dealer is not "giving you $1000.00 over invoice". They are overcharging you $1000.00 in my opinion. I bet by the time you recieve your car they will be sitting on dealer lots at MSRP or below. Dealers in this area are at MSRP plus $2-350.00 dealer fee.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote