Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SDTW Custom Wheels & Tires
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-26-2017, 04:32 PM   #29
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkevind View Post
Not all well water is the same. Mine is extraordinarily hard. The water is very deep, filtered through a lot of limestone. TDS of >1000 is crazy high.

Nonetheless, I'm sure changing methods, cleaning products and protectants, and drying methods, I could get better results. But I'd rather start with normal water, say TDS of 300 (which is high but more manageable).

I always wash in the shade, and it isn't yet close to the high summer temps we get here. It doesn't matter if it's 50 or 75 degrees (soon to be 100 in the shade). Never had this problem on Austin city water, but now on well water...ugh.

I also don't want to spend 4 hours on a basic weekly wash and dry. Maybe I'll give the Carpro a try.

If you want a filter for your hose, there is a company in Texas that makes good filters that aren't overly expensive. A friend of mine with well water uses it to fill his pool every summer.

http://www.purewaterproducts.com/garden-hose-filters
Old 05-16-2017, 11:19 AM   #30
Junior

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 AGM
Send a message via Skype™ to Junior
My water is pretty hard as well. I get spots if I wash at home in the heat, as it's tough to dry the car even with an amazing sham before the water evaporates. We have a large DYI car wash complex near me that I go to now. I just bring my own wash mitt, bucket, shampoo, polish, wax, etc. and use one of the open bays for cover, and their pressure wash, wax, rinse.
Junior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 02:08 PM   #31
bmbbl be

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
I had same problem,,, went with this

http://www.autogeek.net/deluxe-filter-system.html
bmbbl be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:52 AM   #32
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
I had a much larger carbon filter than the autogeek one referred to in the link above, before my water softener, and a 5 micron sediment filter post water softener. This made very little to no change in the water spotting I was getting on my vehicles.

The pooling rinse only seems to work for me on the wash right after wax is applied or a time or two after a sealant is applied.

My RO unit for rinse water and the Master Blaster to dry has done the trick!
Old 05-17-2017, 09:17 AM   #33
TheFlyingBananaSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Never wash/wax a hot car. Use a hose to cool it down before soaping it up.

Never wash/wax in direct sunlight.

If a spray detailer doesn't get the water spots out try wiping the car down with a damp microfiber cloth. Then hit it with a spray detailer.

For old water spots a micro fine polish might be needed.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:11 AM   #34
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally mayfield View Post
I cant get the rinse water off my car fast enough...I can water it down and wipe it off as soon as possible and it leaves water spots...wtf is that about?

as soon as the car comes back fro touching up the damage caused by small rocks Ill be clay baring and Adams'ing my car..

thoughts..

its a black car...
I do a wet dry. what I do is use a spray on detail wax as I dry one of the ones in a spray bottle and I let my micro fiber towel get soaking wet and just ring it out as I go I have not had a problem with water spots for a while at least for 4 years now. but then again I also wax my car 2 times a month comes out looking amazing every time. the water where I live is hard we have lime stone on all out sinks showers toilets etc its a pain

Name:  17620451_1313562565394502_7623858076779399010_o.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  154.0 KB
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:26 AM   #35
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
riolander, a hot air gun will help take that carmax sticker off...
Old 05-19-2017, 03:04 AM   #36
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally mayfield View Post
riolander, a hot air gun will help take that carmax sticker off...
its already gone. im to busy working to get any update photos, that's from 3 weeks ago I work around 48-56 hours a week
making that chedder.
mostly because my cars now a obsession that needs attention for reasons of modifying is fun
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:57 AM   #37
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
O'tay..