Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-09-2013, 11:21 PM   #1
jonboy71

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2LT
myLink experts? how do i get it to quit indexing?

I have a 160GB ipod and i've had my 2013 Camaro 2LT since Saturday and it's still indexing. It's impossible for me to direct select any artists, albums, or songs directly from the myLink unit. It's really beginning to bother me, especially since there is no cd player. Are there any experts on this forum that can help me out. some said try unchecking "use as external drive" in itunes, but this hasn't helped.

Also, is it possible to update the software yourself or do you have to take it to the dealer? is there anyway to keep up with the current software version as it's released?
jonboy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #2
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Old 04-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #3
Twilborne

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray Blue 2LT
MyLink system does a poor job when it comes to Ipod's. It indexes everytime you start the car. How long it takes depends on how much music you have on your device. I have a 64 gig Ipod touch with a little over 40 gig of music and it takes a while for it to index. I have gotten to the point that unless I am going to be on the road for a while I don't even bother with it. As far as the software you have to go to the dealer to update.
Twilborne is offline   Reply With Quote