Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #2213
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netraa View Post
Got a question for some of my V6 cohorts.

I'm a little concerned about how my car is running. I noticed that my average MPG was 21.1, yet the average MPH of the car was 47+ mph. It's not something that I normally worry about, but I decided to reset the comp and give it a check.

I was driving back from San Antonio and was doing about 75, on cruise control the whole way, and it only did 20.1 mpg. A6, with the car in drive. It also seemed that the car labored up a couple of the hills and even dropped down into 4th on one of them that wasn't all that steep.

I have a CAI intake, the 3/8 isolator, MRT v2's on the back, and a trifecta tune.

When i remote start the car, it almost sounds and acts like the 'ghost cam' is running, regardless of the settings on the cruise control.

As soon as i get it back from the body shop, i'm going to do a couple logs and send them to BNR and make sure that something isn't up with the original tune that got overlooked in the hustle and bustle of the big sale that i got the tune during.

all of this added up is making me wonder if it's time to start taking a harder look at the timing chains...
That's definitely not right. I averaged about 28mpg driving from Dallas to Lansing and half of that was at 40 mph, lots of time stuck in traffic jams, and the rest was cruising around 77 or so.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #2214
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:

I'm a little concerned about how my car is running. I noticed that my average MPG was 21.1, yet the average MPH of the car was 47+ mph. It's not something that I normally worry about, but I decided to reset the comp and give it a check.

I was driving back from San Antonio and was doing about 75, on cruise control the whole way, and it only did 20.1 mpg. A6, with the car in drive. It also seemed that the car labored up a couple of the hills and even dropped down into 4th on one of them that wasn't all that steep.

I have a CAI intake, the 3/8 isolator, MRT v2's on the back, and a trifecta tune.

When i remote start the car, it almost sounds and acts like the 'ghost cam' is running, regardless of the settings on the cruise control.

As soon as i get it back from the body shop, i'm going to do a couple logs and send them to BNR and make sure that something isn't up with the original tune that got overlooked in the hustle and bustle of the big sale that i got the tune during.

all of this added up is making me wonder if it's time to start taking a harder look at the timing chains...
Something does not sound right about that. I would start just how you said by getting your data logs checked out by trifecta. With that said i have the MRT v2 and a CAI inc Intake and averaged about 25 MPG on the highway with Cruise control set to 75 A/C on and I am a M6 car.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #2215
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
I must have a heavier foot. Or a better tune. Because I'm not hitting those numbers lol. Jk
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #2216
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
Get a Triffecta tune. A lot of the Camaros are running to Rich, When I got my tune, they noticed my Air/Fuel Ratio was to rich, I was below 10, should be just below 13. Gained 20 Hp and 6 Mpg
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #2217
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Whoa so I'm driving on the highway home today, a mile before my exit I get on it wot in 3rd and coast into the exit ramp. Once I stop the engine light goes off and the car starts running terribly. I thought my vararam had popped off as that's happened in the past. I pulled over 20 secs later and turned her off, popped the hood and everything looked fine...started her back up and everything seemed fine, no engine light, drove it right home, about 2 miles. Haven't started it since, wtf happened!? Misfire?
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #2218
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Whoa so I'm driving on the highway home today, a mile before my exit I get on it wot in 3rd and coast into the exit ramp. Once I stop the engine light goes off and the car starts running terribly. I thought my vararam had popped off as that's happened in the past. I pulled over 20 secs later and turned her off, popped the hood and everything looked fine...started her back up and everything seemed fine, no engine light, drove it right home, about 2 miles. Haven't started it since, wtf happened!? Misfire?
Hard to tell. Can you describe anything you felt or heard when it happened?
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:03 PM   #2219
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Hard to tell. Can you describe anything you felt or heard when it happened?
No real sound, just a horrible idle, as if it was running extremely lean. Felt real weak when I got on it too, kinda hesitated then pulled. Driving home after starting it, it felt strong, but I didn't get on it more than 30% throttle...

Its got me real worried because I wanted to hit the track real soon.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #2220
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

I'm wondering if maybe the maf sensor tripped out...I honestly thought it was going to stall out. I did just re oil and clean my vararam. It was about 300 miles ago but I could see how an over oiling might just now be building up.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #2221
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Quote:
I'm wondering if maybe the maf sensor tripped out...I honestly thought it was going to stall out. I did just re oil and clean my vararam. It was about 300 miles ago but I could see how an over oiling might just now be building up.
That is strange.

Sounds like you need this thread

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295781
Old 05-17-2013, 02:34 AM   #2222
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:

Definitely not normal, I drive to and from san antonio at 75 and average 27-28mpg no problem. I also just set it on cruise control in drive

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:15 AM   #2223
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
Trifecta tunes are a box tune. Meaning the hands on isn't there. My custom Fsp tune is right on. Matt can adjust my car to it optimal performance. And I assure you I'm not running under 10 lol. That would be rich. And to be honest like I have talked with others. Unless you leave your mpg for a few 1000 miles you truly won't know what your getting. We all know how those numbers work. So a one tank reading isn't really accurate.
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:20 AM   #2224
mc_acoustic

Drives: 2010 1LT Limited Edition Camaro A6
How many miles/km do you guys get usually on a tank of gas on the v6???

I am currently running a couple tests and driving it very calmly just to see how much I get too... Curious as you what you guys got
mc_acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:29 AM   #2225
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
That is strange.

Sounds like you need this thread

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295781
Yeah I'm going to try that after work. Its just so weird because I started it 30 secs after turning it off and it was like nothing happened...
Old 05-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #2226
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
i average about 24 mpg if i drive 80 . hopefully thats good haha
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
1/4 Mile: 13.65 sec @ 102.53 mph R.I.P.
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote