Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-14-2015, 07:39 PM   #1
black.

Drives: IBM 2SS
Questionable mustang owner.

Went to the car wash today and meet up with a buddy for Cars & Coffee and I saw a white '15 5.0 pull up. Nothing fancy, see those popping up more and more lately. We exchanged "nice car" comments and small talk. He asked me about my horsepower and I returned the question. Dude tells me 480 from the factory since it is some special edition. Gave his car a quick lookover and saw no kind of badging just paper tags with the usual 5.0 on the fender. Further more guy tells me his boss is building a Z-28 w/twin turbos from the ground up with a price tag of $120k. That's when I had it and texted my friend to meet me at C&C. I tried looking up the stang and couldn't find a lick about a special edition pulling 480. Was this guy basically pulling my leg?
black. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 07:58 PM   #2
dcpatters

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by black. View Post
Was this guy basically pulling my leg?
Yeah he was full of shit
dcpatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:01 PM   #3
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Was this him....he seems really nice...hahaha...https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=WlDLybhuOH0
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:03 PM   #4
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Went to the car wash today and meet up with a buddy for Cars & Coffee and I saw a white '15 5.0 pull up. Nothing fancy, see those popping up more and more lately. We exchanged "nice car" comments and small talk. He asked me about my horsepower and I returned the question. Dude tells me 480 from the factory since it is some special edition. Gave his car a quick lookover and saw no kind of badging just paper tags with the usual 5.0 on the fender. Further more guy tells me his boss is building a Z-28 w/twin turbos from the ground up with a price tag of $120k. That's when I had it and texted my friend to meet me at C&C. I tried looking up the stang and couldn't find a lick about a special edition pulling 480. Was this guy basically pulling my leg?
May have been a Roush model with the decals removed.
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:25 PM   #5
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Quote:
That's when I had it and texted my friend to meet me at C&C.
why did you need your buddy?
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:30 PM   #6
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
You can not go the badging look how many Camaro's take their badges off.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:31 PM   #7
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
seems shady
Old 03-14-2015, 08:38 PM   #8
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
Poser. You should have asked him how many cams his engine has.
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:39 PM   #9
black.

Drives: IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
why did you need your buddy?
When did I say I needed my buddy? I went to meet my buddy.
black. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:39 AM   #10
thkfast

Drives: '14 Red 2SS/RS/LS3
No big deal, but I also read it as if you had heard enough and texted your buddy to confront the guy and call bull$hi!.

Without being rude, sometimes you just have to say, "I'm calling bull$hi!."

thkfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:23 AM   #11
Neoclasiccl

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
May have been a Roush model with the decals removed.
Roush stage 2 only has 435
Neoclasiccl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:24 AM   #12
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
I had one of these passive aggressive mustang owners follow me around a parking lot until I parked then he start playing twenty questions as he followed me towards the store. If he hadn't been an older guy I'd might have just left fearing my car was going to get keyed. ( or worse ) He was rambling with comments like "what is that ? " " sounds good " and of course " how much horsepower does that make ? ." I might have given him the benefit of the doubt perhaps just being a car freak except he was totally creeping me out.

I told him 426hp. Probably the wrong time for honesty. In hindsight I should have said " one billion " or " plenty ".

*sigh*
Old 03-15-2015, 07:03 AM   #13
xRedsox
Night Fury

Drives: 2016 Golf R
Mustang owners are so full of it, I know one owner with a V6 who runs nos on the dyno and goes around acting like it is real numbers, no nos.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:20 AM   #14
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote