Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 01-27-2010, 11:34 PM   #1
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Products For Highend Enthusiasts

I don't know about you guys, but my Camaro is one of the most important vehicles I've ever owned, I'm into keeping this vehicle, and it's paint, in the best possible shape I can considering it's a daily driver. I've spent alot of money on cleaning products, detailing sprays, and the likes, all in hopes of keeping my cars finish next to perfect. I recently purchased Adam's Detailing Kit which comes along with the Porter Cable 7424. After seeing the results of using Adams products, I ordered immediately, because it's those very results that I'd like my car to have. But I recently came across some products used by "Master Detailer Paul Dalton".

I went to his site and reviewed some of his work and it's absolutely amazing. The cars he details has some of the most cleanest and glass like finishes I've ever seen, with a gloss that rivals that of a mirror. The stuff Paul Dalton uses is from a company called "Swiss Vax". They claim to hold the best
products for keeping your paint superb. BUT....the price of these products are very high, and they also cannot be found in your local autostore, they must be ordered from Swiss Vax.

SWISSVAX Onyx - standard wax for all types of paintwork

Product Price: $99.00

* Cost-effective standard wax for all paintwork types with 30
Vol.% of pure Brazilian Grade One Carnauba
* Produces a streak-free gloss and enhances the paintwork surface with best beading characteristics
* Non-resistant to soda lye and salt water
* Prepare the paintwork with Cleaner Fluid prior to the wax application

Swissvax Onyx is the cost-effective standard wax out of the broad wax portfolio of Swissvax for all paintwork types. Thanks to its 30 Vol. % of pure Brazilian Grade One Carnauba it produces a streak-free gloss on all paintwork types and enhances the paintwork surface with best beading characteristics.

Its formulation is non-resistant to soda lye and salt water so Onyx can't be used during winter in countries were road-salt is applied.

Before Onyx is applied, the paint has to be prepared with Swissvax Cleaner Fluid in order to ensure that the paintwork surface is perfectly clean and free of old wax residues and contaminations of old wax, acid rain, tar, insects and other remains and also to ensure that the wax can perfectly bond to the paintwork surface. Perfect preparation is the key to a flawless Swissvax finish.

-----------------------------
SWISSVAX Saphir - Premium wax for all types of paintwork, 200 ml

Product Price: $146.00
* Premium wax for all paintwork types with 40 Vol. % of pure Brazilian Grade One Carnauba
* Effortlessly creates an impressive degree of gloss and offers your automobiles paintwork thorough long term protection against all kinds of negative immissions
* Very easy to apply

Swissvax Saphir is a premium wax for all paintwork types including clearcoats, ceramicoats (so-called nano paints) and lacquers. Thanks to its formulation including 40 Vol. % of pure Brazilian Grade One Carnauba wax it creates an impressive degree of gloss and offers your automobiles paintwork thorough long term protection against all kinds of negative immissions.

Thanks to its proverbial ease of application and the perfect results it provides, Saphir is very popular both with private collectors and enthusiasts and professional users.

A wax container of 200ml is sufficient for 6 to 8 wax applications whereby we recommend you to wax your vehicle every 4 months meaning that one container of wax allows you to maintain your automobile investment for more than two years in a condition which usually would be reserved to award-winning classics only.

Before Saphir is applied, the paint has to be prepared with Swissvax Cleaner Fluid in order to ensure that the paintwork surface is perfectly clean and free of contaminations of old wax, acid rain, tar, insects and other remains. Perfect preparation is the key to the world famous Swissvax finish to ensure that the wax can perfectly bond to the paintwork surface.

-------------------------------------
SWISSVAX Crystal Rock - Paul Dalton's state-of-the-art Carnauba-Glaze, 200ml
Product Price: $1100.00

* Concours-wax with over 76% Vol. of pure ivory coloured Grade one Carnauba wax from Northern Brazil
* Special development for Paul Dalton in Great Britain, one of the most famous automobile detailers in the world
* Produces a streak-free gloss and enhances the paintwork surface with best beading characteristics
* Proverbial ease of application

Paul Dalton has handled more supercars than your average A-list celebrity and received only slightly fewer column inches in the press. He is recognised around the world for his skill in preparing and protecting the paintwork of the world's most cherished motor cars.

With 76% by wax volume of pure Brazilian ivory carnauba wax, the waxes have one of the highest Carnauba content of any wax on the market. In effect, it coats a car's paintwork in a smooth and glossy, yet tough and protective, water-repellent film - and even brings a shine to white and silver. A layer of 'Paul Dalton's Crystal Rock Wax' can last up to 6 to12 months and can be "topped up" with additional layers for even more protection. When exposed to water, 'Paul Dalton's Crystal Rock Wax' swells and closes its pores. This leads to the beading and sheeting of water that is characteristic of a car that has been treated with this high content Carnauba wax. The more layers are applied, the more waterproof it is. After three layers, one of Paul's clients has been known to dry his car with a two mile drive... caring for your car doesn't get any better.

No wonder some of the most valuable automobiles in the world are protected with Swissvax Crystal Rock, e.g. the Bugatti Royale of the National Automobile Museum in Mulhouse, France.

Before Crystal Rock wax is applied, the paint has to be prepared with Swissvax Cleaner Fluid in order to ensure that the paintwork surface is perfectly clean and free of old wax residues and contaminations of old wax, acid rain, tar, insects and other remains and also to ensure that the wax can perfectly bond to the paintwork surface. Perfect preparation is the key to the world famous Swissvax finish. The waxes come in a satin pouch with a certificate personally signed by Paul himself.

--------------------------------
SWISSVAX Shield Set with Clay Magic and Quick Finish

* Innovative system for the ultimate protection of all types of paintwork
* Creates an ingenious protection shield for your paintwork offering a proverbial "Teflon-pan-effect" thanks to which dirt and insects barely can't adhere
* Strongly recommended for daily driven cars which are exposed to increased immissions
* Prepare the paintwork with Clay Magic (included in the scope of delivery) and Cleaner Fluid prior to the wax application

Swissvax Shield is a modern and innovative system for the ultimate protection of all types of paintwork - also under the harshest conditions. Shield is a special Carnauba wax which was enriched with non-stick PTFE in order to create an ingenious protection shield for your paintwork. Thank to the proverbial "Teflon-pan-effect" dirt and insects barely can't adhere at all to the as smooth as glass paintwork surface.

We strongly recommend the application of Swissvax Shield on daily driven vehicles, winter vehicles, all vehicles that aren't parked in a garage and that are cleaned in a car wash only.

A wax container of 200ml is sufficient for 10 to 15 wax applications whereby we recommend you to wax your vehicle every 3 to 6 months meaning that with one container of wax you can maintain your automobile investment for more than two years in a condition which usually is reserved to award-winning classics.

---------------------------

After reading about these products I'd love to eventually purchase some to give it a try. But for the money this stuff is worth, you better prepare to have some spare cash,....a chunk of spare cash. Personally, I never knew there was waxes on the market which could cost this must. The prices are ridiculous, but if it's that much, it had better work or else there needs to be a "or your money back guarantee".

Believe it or not, I actually do plan on buying some of this stuff,....not the Crystal Rock wax($1,100), maybe after I win the lottery. But I'll try some of the premium wax and the Shield set. Not now though! Eventually,.....Adams Fine Machine polish, super wax, and swirl and haze remove seem to be giving me what seems to be the same results, so I'll stick to them for now. I was just throwing these products out there for you owners who want only the best for there vehicles and can actually afford it. Now don't think simply because you use these products you'll achieve the same results as Paul Dalton, because the amount of work he puts into his paint-correction process is both professional and passionate, resulting in details of vehicles that can last up to 3 days. Most of us don't have that much time, or know how to detail our vehicles to that degree, but the products shown in which he uses are only a means to an end.

www.swossvax.us
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote