Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
Chrisco22

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro LS
Long tube headers

I was wondering what type of long tube headers is recommended as a good value. good sound out of them. decent prices... I love the sound my car makes (put MAC mufflers on it so far) but i want it to sound a little louder.. thanks for your opinions.
Chrisco22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
All headers have similiar gains and you can't really go wrong with whatever setup you get. I'm deciding between OBX (which doesn't come with cats I believe) but their the cheapest and bbk come with hi flow cats
Old 06-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
OBX for the money! Mine will be here tomoro
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
I would recommend obx for budget but inspection matters. You are listed USA so hard to answer your question.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:08 AM   #5
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
If you plan on going FI Then you need to figure out whether you're going to go with a turbo or SC before you invest in headers. LT's will pretty much dictate that you go SC. If you decide to TC then you are pretty much limited to stock or shorty headers. No sense in doing a mod only to have it not be compatible with your goals. On your college student budget I'd go with the BBK's. OBX are catless and you may have issues passing a state inspection depending on where you live. They are a heck of a value though if you live in an area where state inspections aren't an issue.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:16 AM   #6
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
LTs all sound the same because the sound actually comes from your exhaust not the headers. Headers only give your exhaust a bigger air blow.

The gains of LTs are also the same. But if you care about your car, go for quality( BBK, Stainless Works, American Racing).
Old 06-07-2012, 03:11 AM   #7
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisco22 View Post
I was wondering what type of long tube headers is recommended as a good value. good sound out of them. decent prices... I love the sound my car makes (put MAC mufflers on it so far) but i want it to sound a little louder.. thanks for your opinions.
A lot depends on what state you live in. Different states have different laws. Saying you live in the US doesn't say squat. What are you afraid of? is the law looking for you, lol.

A lot depends also on your future modifications. You don't want to buy Long or Short tube Headers and find out you have to get rid of them because of a modification you do down the road and waste your money.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:14 AM   #8
Fr3e4gent

Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Since there is no warranty for Long Tube headers on a v6 and plus not CARB legal =/
Old 06-07-2012, 05:01 AM   #9
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
OBX for the money. Others for better quality ? and cats.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #10
csorrentini

Drives: 2010 Orange 2SS/RS
I heard the BBK can give a good amount of rasp? can anyone confirm this? I have the injen CAI and MRT 2.0 exhaust now
csorrentini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #11
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
I have SLP and love them. I have about 2000 miles on them with no problems. I will say that they are not cheap at about $1100.00. I will say you get what you pay for.. I didn't want any problems so I got the good ones.. Good luck!!!
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #12
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
All v6 headers rasp. It really depends on what system you have after that determines if you will rasp or not. If you have a toned down system, it will control rasp better than a really loud one

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote