Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-13-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
kcobean
Zippy Lemon #109

Drives: 2010 SLP ZL575 #109
Impressions and info on the SLP ZL575

Hi all,
New guy on the forums. Ran a few searches and didn't come up with a lot of specific info on the ZL575, so figured I'd ask.

I just sold my solid yellow 2009 Viper ACR because it just sat in the garage and I want something I can drive and enjoy daily. The ACR is not a daily driver for sure. Very special cars, but not a daily driver.

So anyway, I caught a glimpse of something yellow and beautiful at a dealership near my house as I was coming home from work the other day. I pulled in and sure enough there is a 2010 ZL575 on the lot with only 2,800 miles on it.

Similar power to my Viper with all the flair of the heralded Camaro and I wouldn't feel bad pulling it out of the garage every day.

They're asking $49.5k for it. I've had a bear of a time finding any pricing on this limited run car, so I've no idea if that's high, low or about on target.

Anything I should know about the SLP in particular? Major problems with the SC or suspension mods?

I've been a Corvette fan since the C5 came out, but another 2-seater just isn't in the cards for me right now, and these new Camaros (particularly the ZL5xx cars) are really something else. I ran across a review of one that said it dyno'd over 600 CHP. That's pretty awesome.

So any insight from current or former owners, thanks in advance for helpin' a new guy out!

Kelly
kcobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Old 10-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
not worth it. its a great car dont get me wrong but wait for the ZL1, that is definitly a better car as its completely designed for the power.

Can we see pics of the Yellow ACR?
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
kcobean
Zippy Lemon #109

Thanks Rick. I did see that video. Was hoping to get some owner input. There is "trade rag info" and then there's "owner info". Unfortunately not always the same.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
TJ91

Hey Kelly, check out the ZL1 section in our forum, I think you will really like it
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 10-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
Weezerj

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS -- 02 Escalade
ZL1 all the way!
Weezerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #7
kcobean
Zippy Lemon #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
not worth it. its a great car dont get me wrong but wait for the ZL1, that is definitly a better car as its completely designed for the power.

Can we see pics of the Yellow ACR?
Thanks. When you say "completely designed for the power", does that mean that there are weaknesses in the ZL575 in regards to how it handles the power? In other words, are there common failure points or problems caused by the increase in power on a platform that wasn't specifically built for it?

In regards to the price, that's a good point. It sounds like the ZL1 is going to be in the $60k+ price range based on what I've read on here? I may be able to use the pending arrival of the ZL1 (and the better financing that would be available on it vs. a used car) as a tool to drive the sale price down on the ZL575. I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like Chevy took SLP's development of the ZL575 and used it as the basis for the ZL1 engine platform. I know the magnetic suspension and all are new features, but a 6.2L Eaton blown V8 sounds familiar.

Appreciate the feedback!

Kelly
Old 10-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #8
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcobean View Post
Thanks. When you say "completely designed for the power", does that mean that there are weaknesses in the ZL575 in regards to how it handles the power? In other words, are there common failure points or problems caused by the increase in power on a platform that wasn't specifically built for it?

In regards to the price, that's a good point. It sounds like the ZL1 is going to be in the $60k+ price range based on what I've read on here? I may be able to use the pending arrival of the ZL1 (and the better financing that would be available on it vs. a used car) as a tool to drive the sale price down on the ZL575. I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like Chevy took SLP's development of the ZL575 and used it as the basis for the ZL1 engine platform. I know the magnetic suspension and all are new features, but a 6.2L Eaton blown V8 sounds familiar.

Appreciate the feedback!
Kelly
Well I have no idea with weak points on the ZL575, however they do come with warranty which is a good thing Also never heard any negative feedback on them. It will be a good idea to maybe wait for the ZL1 pricing to come out so that you can talk down the price of the ZL575 a little more easier. My guess is it will be about 3-5k more then what a new GT500 goes for.
As far as I know, the ZL575 doesnt have much changed other then the SC and suspension, could be wrong but the tranny i think remains the same as in a stock LS3. Dont think they ever ran into problems
but the ZL1 comes with beefed up drivetrain and much more.
Depending on the price you get the ZL575 for, it might be a better deal or it might not.

What year is the Zl575 your looking at?
Old 10-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #9
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
A guy shows up at the local cruise night with a 2010 ZL575. After speaking with him, he has said countless times that he loves the performance and handling above the 2SS, but the price he paid is way too high. He paid 66k for his which at the time was the going rate.

49K can be talked down to 45K. At that price, you're walkin away with a nice deal. If you can wait until early next year, the ZL1 is where it's at.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #10
TJ91

the only reason I am comparing the two is they might be similar in price, and with the ZL1, your getting far more then the ZL575. Both are great cars, dont get me wrong, but just figured youd want to see both sides.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #11
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
I love my ZL575............ the car is setup right!! Your going to get a wide range of opinions on this one. Without seeing the car that does sound like a good price with only 2,800 miles. The 2010 SLP ZL575 package was an additional 22k above the price of the SS and then there were other options that you could add on. So far, I have had only good dealings with SLP. Make sure you would have the warranty that SLP provides. Here's a link to the 2010 brochure. Do you know what number she is?

http://slpcamaro.com/wp-content/uplo...9/06/ZL575.pdf
Old 10-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #12
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
Quote:
Well I have no idea with weak points on the ZL575, however they do come with warranty which is a good thing Also never heard any negative feedback on them. It will be a good idea to maybe wait for the ZL1 pricing to come out so that you can talk down the price of the ZL575 a little more easier. My guess is it will be about 3-5k more then what a new GT500 goes for.
As far as I know, the ZL575 doesnt have much changed other then the SC and suspension, could be wrong but the tranny i think remains the same as in a stock LS3. Dont think they ever ran into problems
Depending on the price you get the ZL575 for, it might be a better deal or it might not.

The 2010's were the ZL575 and the 2011's were ZL585........ of course these are the manuals.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #13
kcobean
Zippy Lemon #109

Quote:

It's a 2010.

I was skimming some ZL1 info and thought I saw 60+ in regards to pricing, though I know that's not official. Perhaps I'll play the new sales guys against the used sales guys and get them to tell me what the pricing on the ZL1 is. And definitely, if the ZL1 is anywhere in the 50's, it would be the better option unless I can really get the price down on the 575.

And, I owe you some pictures of the ACR:

Next to a buddies GTS:
Old 10-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #14
Kwik

Drives: car
Way too much money. Buy an SS and build your own monster. Put remaining money into a solid investment. Love those Vipers!!