Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #589
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
I don't expect to hear anything from FBodfather for a few days at least. GM put HIM on QC hold. He is getting some small defects fixed.

Nice to see someone lighten up this silly thread. The cars will be released when they're released. It's not like we were given a date that we would see our cars when we ordered them. This is just part of ordering a first run of any car.

Don't be mad at GM just because you had some preconceived Idea of when you excepted the car to be here. As of right now it's not late to the lots from what we've been told so far.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #590
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post

Nice to see someone lighten up this silly thread. The cars will be released when they're released. It's not like we were given a date that we would see our cars when we ordered them. This is just part of ordering a first run of any car.

Don't be mad at GM just because you had some preconceived Idea of when you excepted the car to be here. As of right now it's not late to the lots from what we've been told so far.
+1. Quietly because I'm supposed to be some sort of moderator on here ...but +1 none the less.

People -- PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! Be PATIENT!!

There are few words that can let me describe exactly how awesome the ZL1 is. I did my best here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206518. Maybe reading it (or any of the reviews found ) might take your mind off the wait?

Bottom line is this: It WILL be worth the wait, no matter how many weeks longer than was expected it might be. You have to trust me on that.

I understand many of us are impatient - but do we want to mar this experience of being some of the first people to ever own one of these Camaros with some bickering and sour grapes? Let's stay positive - remember, it's being delayed so we have perfect cars upon delivery.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #591
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdodge View Post
never seen so many eager people in a hurry to make car payments....

it will be here soon, the delay is minor, fbodfather said it would be mid march about 4 months ago.

guess what.

Its still not mid March, so technically they are still within the target date.

well when you are paying cash and not making payments you just wan the car. Mine is not even pulled past 1100 yet. It blows. at this point mid march has come and gone. it is mid march and not one has shipped.

so at this point is it april, mid april, may?
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
Old 03-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #592
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
I don't expect to hear anything from FBodfather for a few days at least. GM put HIM on QC hold. He is getting some small defects fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Henry Racing View Post
Yes, he is having his fuel lines inspected after poor performance on the dyno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

Bottom line is this: It WILL be worth the wait, no matter how many weeks longer than was expected it might be. You have to trust me on that.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #593
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
I wish they all turn in to 13' models... Then I'll be optimistic (; lol jk
Old 03-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #594
dragonslayer

Drives: 1988 Toyota Tercel
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps69Z View Post
The 13's will have a different hood. :emoticon7:

Originally Posted by fbodfather
The last thing we want is to ship something that isn't right
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post

Yea, they will ship them with no insert to fix the hood supply issue (different as in a hole in the hood)

Drake.... I don't think you are going to make it buddy. I didn't.
If this issue is bothering you so bad, why not just wait till a MY 13 like I have?
You know, since I bailed I have TOTAL peace now. No worry's at all.
If you tell your dealer you want a 13 you will not believe the total peace you will get from it. Free from the drama, free from the worrys, free from the what ifs.... just saying....
Something tells me when you get your Z whether or not its a 12, or 13 you will have more pics of it on c5 than anyone else on the board! And that s a good thing!
So. Do your self a favor. Try to chill....you will get your car and it will be the baddest ass car you have ever driven in your life and it will be yours!
Gm will make all of this go away very shortly you will see.
also, not sure if I said it before there is a possibility or a rumor of two new colors coming out for 13..... total conjecture.... so.....
Bottom line....Either wait patently for your badd ass 2012....
OR.......tell the dealer you can't stand it anymore and want a 2013....
You will be fine with EITHER decision you make. You can't go wrong on either one. Drake, you are my fave fan on here. I check daily just to see how your doing. You will be fine. Good luck!
Old 03-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #595
Drake Heminger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonslayer View Post
Yea, they will ship them with no insert to fix the hood supply issue (different as in a hole in the hood)

Drake.... I don't think you are going to make it buddy. I didn't.
If this issue is bothering you so bad, why not just wait till a MY 13 like I have?
You know, since I bailed I have TOTAL peace now. No worry's at all.
If you tell your dealer you want a 13 you will not believe the total peace you will get from it. Free from the drama, free from the worrys, free from the what ifs.... just saying....
Something tells me when you get your Z whether or not its a 12, or 13 you will have more pics of it on c5 than anyone else on the board! And that s a good thing!
So. Do your self a favor. Try to chill....you will get your car and it will be the baddest ass car you have ever driven in your life and it will be yours!
Gm will make all of this go away very shortly you will see.
also, not sure if I said it before there is a possibility or a rumor of two new colors coming out for 13..... total conjecture.... so.....
Bottom line....Either wait patently for your badd ass 2012....
OR.......tell the dealer you can't stand it anymore and want a 2013....
You will be fine with EITHER decision you make. You can't go wrong on either one. Drake, you are my fave fan on here. I check daily just to see how your doing. You will be fine. Good luck!
thanks bro I appreciate the kind words
Old 03-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #596
Janet

Drives: 2015 Z06, 06 Silverado,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Henry Racing View Post
Yes, he is having his fuel lines inspected after poor performance on the dyno.
You guys are really mean

J
Old 03-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #597
99firehawk
Order in on 13' ZL1 vert

Drives: 1999 Firehawk Convertible
Quote:
Not true... Becky confirmed they are already taking orders at this time
Don't think this is true.

2013 ordering is May 10th for a June 11th start-up as per this Becky thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201030.

There are people like myself that have a deposit in for a 2013 allocation slot, but that isn't a real order yet......just to get in line.

Wonder if the May ordering dates will get shifted due to this QC delay. The next few weeks will tell I guess
Old 03-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #598
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
They don't even have their 2013 guide numbers yet
Old 03-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #599
Drake Heminger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99firehawk View Post
Don't think this is true.

2013 ordering is May 10th for a June 11th start-up as per this Becky thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201030.

There are people like myself that have a deposit in for a 2013 allocation slot, but that isn't a real order yet......just to get in line.

Wonder if the May ordering dates will get shifted due to this QC delay. The next few weeks will tell I guess
It was in response to a post... I believe he said they are not accepting orders til winter and cars arrive in spring? kinda like the 2012... thats why i posted they are already accepting orders as in dealerships not GM
Old 03-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #600
kush396

Drives: chevy
Quote:
Drake i have had read lots of your threads , lots of them while skiing this week in colorado , and u need to chill or sleep , remember when u were worried about your allocation and u didnt think u had one ,,,,,,,,then u said they they stopped building all the cars (ZL1s) ,,,,,,,,stop worring and watch some tv like (get smart or the brady bunch ) your car will be here soon and i will meet u sooner or later ,,,,so chilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll:chev y:
Old 03-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #601
Drake Heminger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kush396 View Post
Drake i have had read lots of your threads , lots of them while skiing this week in colorado , and u need to chill or sleep , remember when u were worried about your allocation and u didnt think u had one ,,,,,,,,then u said they they stopped building all the cars (ZL1s) ,,,,,,,,stop worring and watch some tv like (get smart or the brady bunch ) your car will be here soon and i will meet u sooner or later ,,,,so chilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll:chev y:
lol nick @ nite haha... Ill try it man!
Old 03-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #602
kush396

Drives: chevy
Quote:
lol nick @ nite haha... Ill try it man!
relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

love y bro ,,,,,, will met u sooner or later

Closed Thread

Tags
2012, boss vs zl1, camaro, camaro zl1, gt500 vs 700hp z/28, zl! dosp, zl1, zl1 hold, zl1 qc