Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
NH-SS

Drives: 2010 SS2,6M
Burn Out

Apperantly my traction control/stability control will not shut off. Clutch to the floor, in 1st gear, steering wheel pointed straight, both the traction / stability control lights are on, gas peddle to the floor and it won't rev past 4500-5000 RPM. Dump the clutch and it bogs, barely chirps the tires. I repeated this process several times,..
Has any one else experienced this?
NH-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
techinny

Drives: '18 Sierra Denali '05 GMC 2500HD
Sounds to me like you are in competition mode. Pressing and holding the traction control/stabilitrac button for 7 seconds turns off them both off.

Had: 2010 SS/RS M6 Hurst STS, Noweeds
techinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
NH-SS

yep,.. press the button and hold,.. both stability and traction control lights are on...
I have also had it in competition mode. With the traction control and stability lights on This shouldnt happen.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
have you done a fuse pull recently?
Old 08-18-2012, 04:40 AM   #5
NH-SS

I haven't heard of this, what's a fuse pull ?
Old 08-18-2012, 04:44 AM   #6
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH-SS View Post
I haven't heard of this, what's a fuse pull ?
You need to do this if you have not. Very simple.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=fuse+pull

Also, not revving past 5k does sound like competitive mode. Not sure what may be going on there.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #7
RogerBzSS

Drives: 11 IBM n White 2SS/RS M6
FWIW i dont see the fuse pull resolving traction control issue and actually allow it to turn off however its worth the time
maybe re-seat micro-relays and maybe even disconnecting the battery for a while

I would think a relay or a sesnor could be at fault
Id take a look at the book and see what relays are related to TC

Pulling out my book

Call you on a bit NH-SS

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
Black CIA -Powder Coated Red Air Scoop - Vmax Ported Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Dynatek Headers - High Flow Cats out thru factory Cat Back - JRE rough idle cam package - Trunion Upgrade - Valve Springs - Hardened Push rods - 3 bolt timing gear - SLP Under drive pully- Washer bottle relo kit - Hurst Short Throw Shifter with updated pin bushing from C5 member NH-SS - IdealG's improved Master Cylinder - GTO Clutch reservoir - L99 Brake Reservoir - Stainless Braided clutch line - wrapped up with a JRE Tune My SS layed down 462 hp on JRE's Superflow Dyno

Last edited by RogerBzSS; 08-18-2012 at 08:20 AM.
RogerBzSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #8
NH-SS

I did the fuse pull per directions. Tried it out this morning. Still wont rev past 4800-5000 RPM. Both the traction control and stability control are in off mode with the two lights lit on the dash.

any ideas ?!?!
Old 08-20-2012, 07:14 AM   #9
RogerBzSS

did you try a battery disconnect? surely sounds like the Engine Control Module is not functioning correct,

I would inspect connectors try and re-seat connectors to the ECM maybe the Trans or look at the micro relays for the ECM

any wire harnesses look frayed / burnt near headers or any place else??

if not sounds like you maybe taking a visit to the dealer
Black CIA -Powder Coated Red Air Scoop - Vmax Ported Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Dynatek Headers - High Flow Cats out thru factory Cat Back - JRE rough idle cam package - Trunion Upgrade - Valve Springs - Hardened Push rods - 3 bolt timing gear - SLP Under drive pully- Washer bottle relo kit - Hurst Short Throw Shifter with updated pin bushing from C5 member NH-SS - IdealG's improved Master Cylinder - GTO Clutch reservoir - L99 Brake Reservoir - Stainless Braided clutch line - wrapped up with a JRE Tune My SS layed down 462 hp on JRE's Superflow Dyno
Old 08-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Apperantly my traction control/stability control will not shut off. Clutch to the floor, in 1st gear, steering wheel pointed straight, both the traction / stability control lights are on, gas peddle to the floor and it won't rev past 4500-5000 RPM. Dump the clutch and it bogs, barely chirps the tires. I repeated this process several times,..
On page 4-24 in your owner's manual it states:

Traction Control System (TCS)/StabiliTrak® Light
The StabiliTrak system or the Traction Control System (TCS) indicator/warning light comes on briefly while starting the engine. If it does not, have the vehicle serviced by your dealer/retailer. If the system is working normally the indicator light will then go off. The indicator/warning light flashes while the StabiliTrak or TCS system is working to control the vehicle on a low traction surface. If the TCS indicator/warning light comes on and stays on while driving, the vehicle needs service.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 08-22-2012, 10:41 AM   #11
JCL-2SS

Drives: 2010 2SS Imperial Blue
I couldnt burn out when i first got my car with A6 TC off or on... winds up dealer puts regular gas in all the cars on lot, so computer was stuck on the low octane map. did the fuse pull and now i need new tires... burn outs galore!!
2010 2SS IBM L99 6A, Janetty Tune, Dynatech headers and cats, Flowmaster exaust, SLP underdive pulley, CAI inc. CAI, MSD wires, LED's -taillights, side markers, knight rider, interior, Chevy emblem, rear plate
JCL-2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #12
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
Quote:

That's strange......Mine will roast the tires with ease between 1600-2000, traction control on or not......
Old 08-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #13
RogerBzSS

I met up with NH-SS for a bit at lunch

1st we check from off to key on functionality then started them up
both cars identical
I shut everything off TC/SC both lights of and reved my car til it hit rev limiter
as I expected over 6K anyway but surprising enough 5500 my rev limiter kicked in
with everything shut off clutch to the floor as his car does

No Redline RPM 6400 for my car with everything off

I also have NO issue with 4 gears of smoke with everything off.